Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: England apologise to Wallabies

vCash

England apologise to Wallabies

ENGLAND'S rugby chief has sent an apology to Australia's high commissioner in London after Australia's goal-kickers were booed and jeered during their 28-14 win at Twickenham.

RFU president Brian Williams wrote to High Commissioner John Dauth apologising for the "bad manners" shown by England fans towards Wallabies goal-kickers during Saturday's game.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23217,00.html

WTF - its called passion mate and thats what rugby should be all about!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Not a fan of Boooing......its just not cricket...they shut up in the end

vCash
    Sorry, but thats not what rugby is all about.

You can show passion. But booing is unsportsmanlike.
    Show your passion by cheering on your team when they score or when they make a good run, but not jeer when other team scores a try or kicks a goal.
    Biggest flaw of the force supporters is the boo-ing.
    I've had friends come over from NZ, SA and England to watch the Super 14 and they were all appalled when we boo-ed the kickers.

It needs to be stopped.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Referees can be booed as can foul play but its a bit hypo-bloody-critical of English people booing someone else for kicking penalties.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ^^^^^^^WHS!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Interesting the first one they were pretty quiet and it slowly got louder.
    Personally I would prefer the Force crowd to 99% quiet, ie can hear a baby crying in the back of the three tier stand, in this day and age that is far more off putting than the same old booing crap. As if a pro kicker is not used to noise, but silence, that can do your head in!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    A sniper tends to put them off....or turning the lights off works equally as well...

vCash
    "England apologise to Wallabies"

...for not turning up last Saturday!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    I don't really support booing too much. Let's just say I didn't keep silent or stand still during the saffa's game in Perth. The boys were setting the crowd off that game, in my defense. Lote and AAC or Hynes, I think, were standing right behind the goals streching and moving round and stuff. I'll chatter to Dad or strech my legs or something, but never out-right booing.

Outright booing just isn't very nice. I hate it when it happens to our boys, so I don't do it. But is this the first time anyone has ever apologised for it? I don't remember it happening before

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Harden up, it's to put the kicker off, why not get involved during the game, be the 16th man perhaps? It will only become more of an issue when the crowd will want to try their most to give their own team an advantage.

vCash
    at least if they were booing they weren't signing that stupid 'swing low sweet chariot' song!

vCash
    The song's not stupid - it's a black slave song. What's stupid is 75 000 middle-class Englishmen singing it!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Can any of you picture Jon O'Neill or anyone else in the ARU making the same apology to the British High Commission if (when) Australian fans display the same boorish qualities?

Give credit where it's due, the English rugby administrators know how to behave with dignity and as gentlemen when the need arises.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Harden up, it's to put the kicker off, why not get involved during the game, be the 16th man perhaps? It will only become more of an issue when the crowd will want to try their most to give their own team an advantage.
    Excuse me?

Well it was MY team that GAVE them the penalty or the try, and they EARNED their kick. I'm afraid that while I don't sit still or shut up completely, I do not support booing. I think it adds nothing to the atmosphere, only makes the crowd look as if they would rather win unfairly than loose fairly. And I would rather be the second of the two.

Home team advantage indeed. If I played for the force I would rather my home crowd didn't boo, showing that the crowd reckons they don't need to put the other team off to help the boys win, they think we can win even if they GET the kick through the sticks.

Good grief! I consider myself involved without needing to jeer or boo the opposition. Being at the game makes me involved, and I don't need to BOO to show support for my team! YOU harden up, and show some sportsmanship! Outright booing is just plain rude.

I'm still pertrubed (pertured? I can't spell!!) that they apologised.. has that happened before?

I'm with GTF. If someone boos in my block, they get told what's coming for them!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Ok so its alrite to boo refs and foul play but not boo the opposition when taking kick ....

so from now on I will boo the ref for giving the penalty carry on a little too long throughout the kick???

I really dont see a problem with it .... just like I will continue too sing "you fat bastard" as the opposition goalie takes his kick at glory games !!!

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast