Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Next Years Local WA Comp

vCash

Cool Next Years Local WA Comp

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the format for next years Home Building Society Comp?
    Will the Force recruits be split up between local teams?

What's your opinion on the split of Premiers and Reserve grade from the rest of the club.
    ie. The old 3rds and 4ths (A & B Grade) joining the Districts Comp.

I feel it has had a negative effect on the larger clubs such as Wests, Cott, Neddies, Kala, Uni, Soaks etc, with only Kalamunda making the finals out of the 9 Premier clubs with 6 finals spots up for grabs.
    The year before it was 2 with Wests and Cott, but now its Arks and Rocky which have the advantage of fielding a first grade side against a depleted 3rd grade oponent.
    Half the games were played at different venues making it harder to field a full team plus reserves.
    Also the social side of the club suffers with less games played together as a whole club. 18 teams is far too many with each club only playing some teams once away. This format doesn't make for a fair competition.

On the positive side it probably helps the District clubs get better competition.

I think it should go back to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Colts format with all games played at the same venue.
    It worked before so why change it - it still works over East!

That's my two bob!! EEL

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Agree

It was a big hassle having to split the senior club between different grounds on the same day. It puts a big strain on resources, volunteers etc. Additionally 3rd and 4th grade are weakened as players go up to 2nds as travelling reserves.

Good to see Arks and Rocky play off in the finals 3rd grade as they were the most consistant all year. Lot of work to do before they are ready to go up to Premiers.

Most concerning note about last year was the Colts comp. Particularly at the end of the season when there wasn't a colts team from up north. C'mon all you Poms and Yaapies in Wanneroo and Joondalup get cracking.

vCash
    You'll have to ask President about what players are going where. I am sure it will be sorted out soon as I know most clubs are starting their off-season training programs soon, if not all ready began.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Not too familiar with the comp now days but would it work if one of the "A" Clubs were to recieve all of the Rookie List and put them in Premier Grade? That way the Rookies would get to play together each week and the club selected would be able to flesh out the elite competition a little. Would still spread the full squad members around the comp in an even manner. About the only given I would imagine would be Welborn to Uni?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    About the only given I would imagine would be Welborn to Uni?
    Is that his old club?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah Chief.
    He started there before heading over East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Not too familiar with the comp now days but would it work if one of the "A" Clubs were to recieve all of the Rookie List and put them in Premier Grade? That way the Rookies would get to play together each week and the club selected would be able to flesh out the elite competition a little. Would still spread the full squad members around the comp in an even manner. About the only given I would imagine would be Welborn to Uni?
    That's not a bad idea Burgs.

The idea of them playing together sounds better than mixing them up over 9 teams.

Maybe the Force could start their own club in the Premier league for their Rookies, supplemented by other up and coming local WA talent. Would they be too strong for the existing 9 clubs?
    8)

You've got to be kidding!!

There is more that goes into promoting an A grade club to Premiers than just their first grade team. They have to be actively developing their player base and have sound club management practices in place. We want these clubs up for the duration, not just one or two years, when these players leave we don't want them to slip back.

The concept of the Western Force is to "grow" rugby in WA, not to provide one club with the opportunity to win a premiership. What depth is going to originate from having all these players at one club?

Rugby WA (as far as I know) will be allocating players to all Premier clubs. Contracted, but not S14 squad, will be available to play for the club. Others who are S14 squad will also be allocated to clubs, but for promotional/junior purposes.

Don't expect to see major names (Sharpe, Cannon, etc or probably the entire 1st XV) rocking up for duties with clubs. Their time will mainly be allocated to major sponsers etc. This make sense because if Emirates pays the piper they call the tune.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Will there be a change to the final four in premier next year?

Thumbs up

My red and black undies are showing here, but I reckon the Kalamunda Bulls are on track to be in the top 4 next year.

The clubs well organised off the field and there is a real sense of purpose down at the Bull Ring. The players themselves have got together and changed the clubhouse into a gym and most of the senior team are busy putting in the hard yards already.

Last years Premier grade was the youngest fielded for years (and made the mistakes of youth) but will be better for the run next year.

PS - Kalamunda was awarded the National Australian Bank WA Sport and Recreation award for volunteer support and administration early this week. They picked up a nice cheque from the NAB for their efforts.

Congrats to the club and also to the bank for supporting community organisations.

... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

vCash
    Well done Kalamunda, free money is good money. This sounds like a deserved award ands if I recall wasn't the RugbyWA Volunteer of the Year a Bull?

Brother Gallagher I hear you

They got the inaugaral Rugby WA Club Practise Award and Tony Rumble was awarded a Telstra Volunteer award to go to the test at Subi. He had a phat time.

Big wraps to telstra for the awards, as a lot of rugby vollies don't expect or want anything and are real chuffed just to be put forward from their clubs.

Yeah not a bad year overall. Off fields going all right just need to turn it on when we're on the paddock

... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

Wee bit of gossip

Rugby WA had the Western Force Players (that are in Perth) at a function tonight to meet volunteers from the clubs (A thank you to the vollies). Allocations of players to Premier clubs have been made. Actual players who will be allocated will probably leak out to clubs over the next couple of days with an official announcement planned for next week.

vCash

Cool

I heard the same. Three players per premier league club.

vCash
    I hear a rumour that Rockingham are looking for Premier status again next year. any Rocky boys out there can confirm this?
    I also think if Bridgetown get on board, i reckon we could split the A/B grade into a 3 region six team comp. It will will reduce the costs for the all the club to play locally and that spare money can be used in other areas especially good for the A grade club.

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast