Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Giteau threatens to walk if Force don't pay $1m

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Mud...I admire you belief in thing such as a new ARC...but its quite obvious you have something against Peter O'Meara and this seems to cloud your opinion on all things Force....so maybe you should just back out ....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Any company which enters a multi million dollar financial arrangement with another company and fails to research that companies finical records is suspicious...furthermore if the first company when goes and introduces to other to their own client for personal gain they're motives are seriously questionable…
    Again...what are finical records?

Assuming of course you mean financial records, exactly what proof do you have that they didn't investigate their records? Secondly, exactly how can you ensure that a company is providing you with accurate records. Thirdly, Firepower are actually under limited obligations legally to disclose the full extent of their financial records. For all we know they stitched the Force and Gits up...I can't imagine RugbyWA agreeing to let a company who is in financial disarray be their own sponsor.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 30-10-08 at 22:31.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion I read your post. I did. I still find it as ridiculous as the first time I read it.

I'm talking about Firepower with respect to ET mining if you care to read my post. Perhaps you might want to read it again as well? In addition, my comments about Firepower were with respect to your original comments about the links between the ET Mining and Firepower. More specifically, my reference to Matt (that's with two "T's" btw) and Firepower are entirely relevant as we are adducing Matt's future options given that he is still owed money from Firepower. To clarify, essentially he can choose to forget that the entire Firepower mess happened and that he's owed $1million by Firepower, or he can accept his new third party sponsorship deal which makes up for the loss of payments owed to him by Firepower. So you see TOCC, it all stems back to Firepower, hence the discussion

My princess comment was not in reference to you specifically though if you wish to take it on board that is your choice. It was actually in reference to Matt (if it is the case that he is prepared to leave the Force due to this debacle)
    My posts which you referred to didnt need the Firepower issue to be brought up, hence why i said to read again. Forget Firepower, its not the issue at hand now, the issue at hand is that RugbyWA has being granted permission to find a thirdparty sponsor for Giteau in 2009 and it seems that the only one they could find was a syndicate that wanted him to sign on for a extra 2 years, which understandably Giteau isnt such a fan of.

So you see Jehna, there is no need to bring up the Firepower topic in reply to my previous posts.

vCash
    I'm pleased you read my entry, Jehna my apologies about the typo’s (financial)…

My point is, if what was recently reported is true and the Force administration were in fact offering a third party deal to make up for some loss on Giteaus’ previous third party contract and as apart of that deal were offering the same inducement going forward into a new contract. If this is correct isn’t the Force administering a third party deal? However it looks like this has now been withdrawn or cleared up by yesterdays statement.

Gerry…professionals read all the supporter sites it’s their job to monitor option. What I have shared with you’ll is what is on the web if you do a little research and my option thats all... I’m not out to upset or defame people or the club. I would like to see the Force be successful and I watch all their games. Whats with your… so maybe you should just back out”…statement, my apologies if I’ve upset you.

However I feel that some of you really don’t want to know whats is and has possibly gone on…

Jehna…I only raise the question why? Read the attached Four Corners transcript about Firepower. It’s a good read…make up your own mind…I’m just offering information.

Four Corners - 21/07/2008: Program Transcript

vCash
    i love it when Jehna talks legalese. It makes this little red rooster hot!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    i agree that expecting backpay from another company is pretty ludicous, but why cant RugbyWA at least find a decent deal which is for the 2009 season?
    As I read it, what the Force has managed to do with ARU blessing is find someone who will give Giteau $800k for 2009 to cover both '08 and '09 (I assume he actually fulfilled all his contractual requirements to Firepower in '08). However, the offer is effectively $400k a year and the party involved has made post-dating the payments contingent on them getting three years of benefit out of the deal. They are not prepared to pay $800k for one year, and frankly best of luck finding someone who would. I doubt even $400k for 2009 alone was on the table, as accepting it would clearly telegraph an intention to leave and he'd be gone by May. What would he be worth for six months with his bags already packed?

It would certainly be understandable if Giteau was feeling railroaded, and I'm sure the Force are pragmatic enough to realise that it is not ideal. However, it is the way the cards have fallen and the only question is whether Giteau will walk away on principle. As the Force has stated, they've done the best they can.

My point is, if what was recently reported is true and the Force administration were in fact offering a third party deal to make up for some loss on Giteaus’ previous third party contract and as apart of that deal were offering the same inducement going forward into a new contract. If this is correct isn’t the Force administering a third party deal? However it looks like this has now been withdrawn or cleared up by yesterdays statement.
    What I would expect they have done is identified a sponsor that would be interested in Giteau and imposed on them to backdate. They have permission from the ARU to do this but I doubt they also dictate all the terms of the agreement between Giteau and his sponsor. If they do, then they must have been given the same waiver the Tahs got to organise Lote's third party deals.

I think you'll find that what Gerry and Jehna are reacting to is the implication that, while everyone else is an innocent victim in the Firepower collapse, the Force is somehow complicit. Interesting to note that the Canberra Times article identifies Canberra Milk and ActewAGL as companies involved in putting together the ACT offer - as they are also team sponsors, I assume the Brumbies must therefore be involved in facilitating third-party deals without an ARU waiver?

Last edited by AndyS; 31-10-08 at 10:31.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    i love it when Jehna talks legalese. It makes this little red rooster hot!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Well there's a surprise!

The Force getting some negative press again and a chook comes out of the woodwork after a few months on the sidelines. A bit predictable but welcome back princess of poultry. Still a bit quiet at GTT?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I truely appreciate these experts from the East that come online to tell us how it is and educate us about the realities.
    What a shame that we don't have such vision and clarity in WA were the stories are unfolding.
    Far better to glean through media for points to back your own argument than actually know the people involved a little and get the information from the horses mouth.
    Thank you East Coasters for making us pure and holy like you.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Burgs if you have some information please share...East or West the location of the contributor is not relevant we are all reading the same media information on line...Isn’t it the aim to have an interactive site which enables all people from all locations to chat together about shared interests which is inclusive?

While I’m new to this site I haven’t seen you enter a valid comment to any discussion so far but you I see you have thousands of entries under your name…Please add a relevant point to the conversation especially if your in the know…it will make for a better site.

Its sites like this and the roar which keep administrators and the media accountable.

vCash
    I had a look at the roar once. Can someone give me my 10 minutes back.

What a joke. Bunch of teenage boys sitting behind the shed with a stolen Playboy would be on a par.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I wonder if these relentless "news" items are really intended to destabilise Gits so that he moves back east.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Burgs if you have some information please share...East or West the location of the contributor is not relevant we are all reading the same media information on line...Isn’t it the aim to have an interactive site which enables all people from all locations to chat together about shared interests which is inclusive?

While I’m new to this site I haven’t seen you enter a valid comment to any discussion so far but you I see you have thousands of entries under your name…Please add a relevant point to the conversation especially if your in the know…it will make for a better site.

Its sites like this and the roar which keep administrators and the media accountable.
    While I am quietly confident of knowing a few more of the people involved in Western Australian Rugby than the average punter on the East Coast, I was not actually referring to myself but others "being in the know" on these topics.

There are many levels of interaction on sites such as TWF, not all of them in the public eye. Further, not all news, or conversations, actually make it onto the internet either, that would be one of the benefits of commentating from where the situation is occuring. Kind of like C7 vs Fox commentary.

As your eight posts since joining have so far been confined to threads covering the issues of Giteau, Firepower and the integrity of our Board and other sponsors you probably haven't had much of a chance to look around.
    I however thank you for your judgment on my contribution to this site and value your opinion.

I would suggest though, that while it may be the mandate of the roar to "keep the bastards honest", TWF is a supporters site where you will find that 99% of our patrons are here to share in their support of the Force, not run some personal crusade against the institution.
    It certainly is our desire to bring people from around the globe together to share in our support for the Force.

After three years as a regular here though it has become blatantly obvious that, ever time there is an incident in the West, we get one or two new East Coast members sign up to tell us how bad RWA management is, how although they are a loyal supporter they are fed up with a certain situation, how we are all ignorant to the bigger issues here in the West and generally purport to know far more generally and on the issue than anyone else. Strangely after the issue dies down they disappear, not to be sighted again, at least not under that persona.

If this is not applicable to you, then please accept my apology for tarring you with the same brush. I look forward to reading your valid comments on a wide range of topics to do with the Force, rugby and any number of other subjects that we touch on throughout the year.

Perhaps you could start a thread on your opinion on this year’s Academy Players, our new signings or even what it is like to support a team from across the continent?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    If this is not applicable to you, then please accept my apology for tarring you with the same brush.
    Surely, that's a typo Burgs......should be TAHING!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    After three years as a regular here though it has become blatantly obvious that, ever time there is an incident in the West, we get one or two new East Coast members sign up to tell us how bad RWA management is, how although they are a loyal supporter they are fed up with a certain situation, how we are all ignorant to the bigger issues here in the West and generally purport to know far more generally and on the issue than anyone else. Strangely after the issue dies down they disappear, not to be sighted again, at least not under that persona.

If this is not applicable to you, then please accept my apology for tarring you with the same brush. I look forward to reading your valid comments on a wide range of topics to do with the Force, rugby and any number of other subjects that we touch on throughout the year.

Perhaps you could start a thread on your opinion on this year’s Academy Players, our new signings or even what it is like to support a team from across the continent?
    how about you bring the topic up with the said person/s if it is such a big deal?

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    It appears you are running a personal vendetta TOCC.

I cannot see anywhere in Burgs post anything directed at you.

Unless something he wrote touched a nerve or was a little close to the truth for you.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast