Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Redistribution of Wealth"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Jerry Jones couldn't be tempted to build a mock up example in the southern hemisphere before commiting to the full scale version could he

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Jerry Jones couldn't be tempted to build a mock up example in the southern hemisphere before commiting to the full scale version could he
    No because most of you are against everything he stands for.

Click Here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    If everything he stands for is represented by that link then I think you'll find a silent majority here would support his position

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    a silent majority here would support his position
    Not to mention the not-so-silent minority.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I disagree with this.
    I believe in free trade/enterprise and I think most Australians do, but there are some conditions that we place upon it. Australians believe in what we refer to as a "fair go" and we try to apply it to everyone. In practice this means everyone has a relatively equal access to the same quality of education and also health care. This is because if these basics of life are covered then anyone who has the talent and desire to succeed in our system can do.

I am not going to pretend that our system is perfect, but I do believe that trying to create equality of opportunity is something that is at the very heart of who we are. I remember the story of when Duntroon our original army officer training facility was set up by the English (before federation and our oldest institution) and they recommended that there be an enterance fee set high enough to keep out the lower social classes. We made enterance free.

If the billionare and the street beggar both had children, under your countries system the child of the beggar has a very low chance of success within your economy. In our system the beggars child still won't have the same level of opportunity as the billionares, but at least we will give him a go (a chance).

Governments do become self serving beaurocracies and we are rediculously over-governed. But I will accept that willingly to know that we won't give up on anyone.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I think you should be looking foward to your new president .. how could he (Obama or anyone) do any worse than the current imbicile?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Happy, whilst I have no great empathy with the current US administration, you are being unnecessarily insulting in your comments, especially as you know they are being read by at least two decent patriotic Americans.

The US has free and fair elections according to their laws, and to insult their choice from without is an insult not only to their President but also to their people.

Whatever he is, he's theirs to praise or abuse. We should only make critique to the extent it affects us, not as to their democratic choice of President.

Sorry for being a moralising prat.

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 29-10-08 at 13:21.

vCash
    Come on Andrew Forrest time to follow Jerry Jones' lead and invest couple hundred million into a new rectangle stadium!!!

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe would have been better to raise it with Twiggy a few weeks ago Bunno, might not be in such a sharing caring frame of mind now days! How many billion in a week did he drop again

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Any chance we can get a new ground designated a religious charity for donation purposes? Come on lawyers, get at it.

vCash
    Good Point Burgs..... I got better idea I hear Bondy is looking to come back to settle in Perth what a perfect way to win over the public in Perth again by throwing few hundred mill at new rectangle stadium.... although no doubt itd have to be in his wife or families name....

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I disagree with this.
    Well! I told you so Burgs, you and Shasta agree with Jerry Jones but Cowboy and a slew of people who praised his post disagree. But don't give up the fight, you can still win the war Burgs!

vCash
    I think you misunderstand me, I and most of the people in my country are not against everything he represents. The rest was just trying to explain the underlying differences between us that I thought had lead you to that conclusion.

vCash
    I don't think I misunderstand you I think you misunderstood me and Jerry! Burgs and Shasta get it!

....you obviously didn't click on the link!

Click Here

vCash
    I think your right, a deep, almost religious appreciation for HOT CHICKS can cross all cultural boundries and unite mankind.
    Thank you Larry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast