Page 319 of 323 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 4835

Thread: What makes you smile?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    Roosters!
    You threw me a bit with that one when I saw it yesterday. Didn't get to watch the game until today. :

Confirmed, once again, my opinion that Ben Cummins is a clueless muppet who should get another job. Thank f@ck he didn't mess up enough to spoil the party. WOOF WOOF.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Tim Horan dropping big names going to the rebels next year! Really!!!
    I had to look this up, It' typical Tim Horan white noise to fill dead air. To whit

They should chase Taniela Tupou, Samu Kerevi, TJ Perenara, "a big bopper Number 8", I assume he's thinking of Ardie Savea

In other words, he thinks they have holes at 3, 8, 9 and 12 (or more likely simply couldn't think of any big names to fill all the other numbers)

He also said they do so much off the field to develop the women's and juniors game, so I would assume he's making another Reesjan Pasitoa needs to be a Wallaby tomorrow quote.

C'mon the

vCash
    Tonga 44:22 Hong Kong to qualify for RWC2023.

vCash
    One place at RWC2023 left. One of: Hong Kong, Kenya, Portugal & USA.

The USA must be favorites, they usually (always?) qualify. Portugal have only been at a RWC once before, I think, and the last time it was held in France. Although they have success at sevens, I don't think Kenya have ever qualified, and nor have Hong Kong.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Feature sports events should not be held at The Craypot in case it rains and AFL players might slip in the conditions.

Should the stadium management do like HBF Park and tell the AFL to play elsewhere in those circumstances? Or should all AFL fixtures be cancelled when it rains in case somebody falls over?

St Kilda coach Brett Ratten.............held some fears for his players’ safety heading into Sunday’s AFL clash with West Coast after heavy rain and two exhibition soccer matches left parts of the turf unstable............

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...25-p5b4a5.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Having inflicted decades of Moorabin Oval on opposition teams, St Kilda would surely have to be taking the piss...??!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Kiwis seethe over 'disrespectful' flight bookings before World Cup semi-final
    James Regan - Yesterday 2:54 pm

As if the Kiwis needed any extra motivation heading into this weekend's Rugby League World Cup semi final against Australia, tournament organisers have provided all the inspiration they need.

They've reportedly already booked the NZ team on a flight home after the match, while the Aussies have a reservation at a Manchester hotel for a final they're not in yet.

Suffice to say, the Kiwis are NOT happy.

If they have a hangover from their shaky quarter-final performance, they certainly didn't show it at training - laser focused on a do-or-die semi and trying to ignore news their trip home to New Zealand is already booked.

Veteran winger Jordan Rapana can see the funny side.

"They'll probably lose some money, when they find out they have to reschedule it on Saturday," he laughed.

Captain Jesse Bromwich isn't quite as amused.

Related video: New Zealand perform The Haka ahead of their opening World Cup game

"It was pretty disrespectful," he said. "For it to be published like that, it's not on I reckon.

"We spoke about it as a group."

Bromwich is adamant it won’t provide any extra motivation. The prospect of facing their fiercest rivals for a spot in the World Cup final does more than enough to stoke the fire.

"For us, as proud Kiwis, I think that's the main thing," he said. "Making our families and our fans back home really proud."

Said Rapana: "We have a belief that we can go out and win this thing."

© Provided by Newshub
    They'll need a serious lift in performance. Bromwich reveals the stumbling display against Fiji prompted one of the biggest verbal sprays he's ever seen delivered by coach Michael Maguire.

"He's a real passionate sort of coach, he was pretty fired up and it was good to see, because as a team, we felt it was pretty unacceptable, the way we started the game," said Bromwich.

Said Rapana: "If we want to be genuine contenders for this World Cup title, we can't play the way we did against Fiji against Australia."

As always, when they face their old rivals, the standard is higher, as are the stakes.

Catch the Rugby League World Cup live on Spark Sport and free-to-air on Three, or join us at 7:45am Saturday for live updates of the NZ Kiwis v Australia semi-final

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/othe...9b661b369b5614

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    If only they could have done the same for their cricket team

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    The old "We spoke about it as a group" chestnut.
    They're toast now for sure.

Note to Kiwis: you are not the All Blacks. Cop it on the chin and get on with it.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Name:  warner.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  13.8 KB

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    .......Did a little double take when reading a comment in the SMH today from "The Lone Haranguer". 😇

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Real estate agent jargon described this 1 year old Condell Park rental property as...“a new benchmark for the most superior products available for rent in South Western Sydney”. Should have left it at "close to schools, shops and transport" Of course none of our agents here in WA would use such hyperbole.

Name:  Condell Park.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  84.8 KB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Real estate agent jargon described this 1 year old Condell Park rental property as...“a new benchmark for the most superior products available for rent in South Western Sydney”. Should have left it at "close to schools, shops and transport" Of course none of our agents here in WA would use such hyperbole.

Name:  Condell Park.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  84.8 KB
    Hang about! Jargs is an estate agent???

Last edited by WFDom; 07-04-23 at 11:37.
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Hang about! Jargs is an estate agent???
    The definition of a sweet-talker. Not.