Page 286 of 323 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 296 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4835

Thread: What makes you smile?

vCash
    That moment when the local troll realises he's the only one living in his mom's basement, and the other guy he thought was living under the bridge is actually being sensible

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Last week Gibson was next Wallabies coach, this week the Tahs ‘fans’ are howling for blood because of rotation! They throw in Mason at the deep end who becomes the scapegoat for all the shit that Beale, Hanigan, Hooper among others are doing. Guess the Blue Wall must’ve melted this week. Seriously people, you got well outplayed by the Sunwolves, stop being sooky lalas.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That media outlets thought it was "news" that Donald Trump cheats at golf.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Paid for my corporate box for State of Origin here in Perth.

Bring it on.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Box tickets confirmed for Bledisloe, now I can enjoy the game live at the stadium without having to shell out one single dollar to the RA, thanks to my Eagles loving/rugby hating mates for the access

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I scored a free ticket to the Bledisloe in the Bankwest Members section (the $6k a year section).

On the plus side I too am paying zero dollars to be there.

Edit: Might turn up and boo both sides

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 05-04-19 at 14:12.

vCash
    Good people getting together.
    Bit of a gathering in Japan.
    4 members of the WF Team of the Decade (2006 - 2015) (PK, KB, SW & MH)
    2 Inaugural Team Members with the most SR caps played for the WF (MH - 140 & PK - 129)
    Total number of caps for Western Force - 502 (SW - 87; HT - 77; KB 69)
    21 Wallabies caps: MH - 11 & PK - 10.

Name:  Japan 25 Apr 2019.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  76.1 KB

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Just waiting for GRR to start on SBS ...and can only wonder how bad the justice system in Gotham City is with the Joker seems always 9n the loose, out on bail....

vCash
    Ground announcer at new Parramatta Stadium states 7900 attended the Tahrds game against Shorks, but the next day pRAvda says 10650 attended.

This makes me smile, but the actual figures are more in the laughable category.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Ground announcer at new Parramatta Stadium states 7900 attended the Tahrds game against Shorks, but the next day pRAvda says 10650 attended.

It's all a matter of which tally method is used. Most most organisations count bums on seats, paid or complimentary. The Tahs count catering staff, security, cleaning & ground staff, both teams players & officials, match officials and broadcast staff as well as seagulls, pigeons and the occasional pitch invading cat. The Rabble OTOH use some strange tally method called TBA.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ...The Rabble OTOH use some strange tally method called TBA.
    You sure that's not CBA (Can't Be A**ed)?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash

THe difference is the freebie corporate hospitality provided to Clyne, Castle and co.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash

i thought RA already gave up on Rugby in Australia?
    They gave up on Rugby in Western Sydney a century ago so what were they expecting?

'We're not going to give up': Waratahs boss on woeful Bankwest crowd

GEORGINA ROBINSON APRIL 28, 2019
    The Waratahs have vowed to stay the course in western Sydney despite the shock of a dismal crowd at their first game at Parramatta's Bankwest Stadium on Saturday.

Only 10,605 went through the turnstiles to watch as NSW lost to the Sharks, making the 30,000-capacity venue less than a third full only a few days after the sold-out Eels vs Panthers NRL match.

Tough going: A poor home crowd piled insult on injury during the Waratahs' round-11 loss to the Sharks at the new Bankwest Stadium on Saturday night.
    Tough going: A poor home crowd piled insult on injury during the Waratahs' round-11 loss to the Sharks at the new Bankwest Stadium on Saturday night. Credit:AAP

Compounding matters was that it was the new stadium's first night game, a plum fixture meant to spearhead NSW Rugby's push into western Sydney.

"It was not where we would have liked it to have been," NSW boss Andrew Hore said.

"But we're not going to give up, no way. It's a great stadium with a great public transport network, we just need to remain consistently visible in western Sydney."

A few factors hit the numbers, including their South African opponents, the game being on the last weekend of the school holidays and competition from the AFL's Sydney derby at the SCG.

Undone: The Waratahs created plenty of scoring opportunities but were let down by their own skill execution and a high penalty count
    Undone: The Waratahs created plenty of scoring opportunities but were let down by their own skill execution and a high penalty countCredit:AAP

That last factor had a big impact, with Hore conceding that the vast majority of the Waratahs' stadium members opted to stay in the east and watch the Swans.

"We would get 4000 or 5000 members usually but we had nowhere close to that last night," he said.

The Waratahs' wild fluctuations this season likely also hurt. They were 10-10 against the Sharks at half-time until a red card to forward Jed Holloway and a yellow to backrower Jack Dempsey allowed the Sharks to prevail 23-15.

The loss makes them four from nine, with wins over quality opponents the Crusaders and Rebels countered by losses to the Sunwolves, Blues and Brumbies, among others.

It is proving to be a difficult season off the field too, with the Waratahs forced to deal with the fallout from the Israel Folau controversy in the same season in which they've found themselves homeless during the Allianz Stadium rebuild.

A nomadic season is proving a double-edged sword, with the opportunity to take the game to fans in different parts of Sydney and NSW balanced by the challenge of marketing to different audiences.

More than 18,000 flocked to the Blues game at Brookvale Oval in round one, but targets of 15,000 fell short at Bankwest and McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle.

The Waratahs still have two more games at Parramatta this season, and both will be against strong opponents. The Jaguares visit on May 25, followed by the Brumbies on the June long weekend.

Red faced: The Waratahs suffered a 23-15 shock loss to the Sharks at the new BankWest Stadium, after Jed Holloway was given a red card for a swinging high elbow against Thomas du Toit.
    Red faced: The Waratahs suffered a 23-15 shock loss to the Sharks at the new BankWest Stadium, after Jed Holloway was given a red card for a swinging high elbow against Thomas du Toit. Credit:omnisport

Hore also confirmed they would be back in 2020, with the fixture list to be announced by September.

"It's got it all there, it's just a matter of waking it up," he said.

"What was really positive was to have the Shute Shield game there as the curtain raiser. That wasn’t possible at Brookvale because it was February and in Newcastle there were issues with the pitch that are now fixed.

"Earlier in the day we had 250 kids at a junior academy clinic with Dean Mumm and Scott Bowen. It's going to take time but it's a longer term play for us to be out there."

Hore's comments came as the Waratahs flew out to South Africa with their season on a knife's edge. They sit second on the Aussie conference ladder but only six points separates all four, with the Rebels top on 24, NSW next on 20, the Brumbies tied with a game in hand and the Reds on 18.

Head coach Daryl Gibson was forced to call up Test prop Tom Robertson two weeks earlier than expected, as injury hit his forward pack.

Robertson has been out for six months with an ACL injury and was going to stay behind to make his playing return in the Shute Shield, but a raft of injuries, including to Warringah prop Rory O'Connor, has given Gibson little choice but to thrust him back into Super Rugby.

O'Connor (ribs), hooker Tolu Latu (calf) and back rower Jack Dempsey (back) all stayed behind in Sydney, along with Jed Holloway, who will front the foul play review committee at 6pm AEST on Monday over his red card offence.

Holloway elbowed Sharks prop Thomas du Toit in the head in the 46th minute, with team mate Damien Fitzpatrick revealing the young back rower was dark with himself in the dressing room after the game.

"He's really disappointed with himself," Fitzpatrick said.

"The guys are trying to get around him, and it's a difficult one because we've all been there as well. It's one of those reactionary ones, someone's grabbing you and he just didn't realise where he was swinging, unfortunately.

"But rules are rules, aren't they?"

The Waratahs play the Bulls at Loftus Versfeld on May 4 then face the Lions, their semi-final opponents last year, on May 11.
    Even funnier if figures are overreported

vCash
    A few factors hit the numbers, including their South African opponents, the game being on the last weekend of the school holidays and competition from the AFL's Sydney derby at the SCG.
    So they've conceded that Rugby is now behind AFL in Sydney? Heartland my arse.

vCash