Page 279 of 323 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 289 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4835

Thread: What makes you smile?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Me too!!
    With a hashtag?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Mitch Marsh getting the arse.

Shame he's been replaced by an equally plod worthy Cricketer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Mitch Marsh getting the arse.

Shame he's been replaced by an equally plod worthy Cricketer.
    End of Day 1, and Labuschange has contributed an important 4 overs, going for over a run a ball.

For this, the Scorchers were denied the use of Marsh last night and fell a run short of Sydney's target.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    had marsh batted for the scorchers last night,the result may well have been the same,abeit known a couple of overs earlier than the 20th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    End of Day 1, and Labuschange has contributed an important 4 overs, going for over a run a ball.

For this, the Scorchers were denied the use of Marsh last night and fell a run short of Sydney's target.
    And the Thunder have been without Usman Khawaja who is actually a gun bat in the BBL.

Mitch Marsh probably wouldn’t have like the deck at Spotless, it seemed to have a bit of variable bounce and wasn’t flat as a runway.

Labuschange is rubbish and I can’t believe he got a run but I guess this is what happens when the Helen Lovejoy’s of Australia get their way.

vCash
    I see Warner has spoken publicly but not said anything the incident. Suggests he has told by lawyers and/or PR people not to talk about it.

Last edited by Bakkies; 04-01-19 at 11:43.

vCash
    As Candice has engaged James Erskine to manage it all ...

"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

vCash
    What ever anyone thinks of Warner and his instigation of the ridiculous attempt at ball tampering, at least he hasn't so far tried anything like the miserable cop-outs offered up by Smith and Bancroft. A complete embarrassment, both of them. I'd be happy if the selectors left both of them out for a further period no matter the cost, just because of that TBH.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Smith and Warner most likely walk straight back into the side.

Bancroft wasn’t much good to begin with but I reckon Justin Langer will pick him at one stage down the track. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was as early as the series vs Sri Lanka next month.

vCash
    Warner has already thrown them under the bus by not fronting the umpires, press and getting a junior player to do his handy work. If you take Warner to India then England he will get destroyed. We saw what they did to Mitchell Johnson and he didn't break any code of conduct.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    And the Thunder have been without Usman Khawaja who is actually a gun bat in the BBL.

Mitch Marsh probably wouldn’t have like the deck at Spotless, it seemed to have a bit of variable bounce and wasn’t flat as a runway.

Labuschange is rubbish and I can’t believe he got a run but I guess this is what happens when the Helen Lovejoy’s of Australia get their way.
    Yeah, my post was a bit tongue-in-cheek; I'm not sure if statistically having Mitch Marsh in the Scorchers side is a plus

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I ended up keeping my FoxSports subscription when they gave me an offer that I couldn't refuse.
    The 50% reduction with only losing a few channels I never had time to watch was compelling.

I'm glad I did so as I've been really enjoying watching the English Gallagher Premiership.

There's been a number of key attractions:
    1. Watching how well the ex-WF and Aussie players are contributing to the results. (Go Luke M, TPN and Francois vW)
    2. Just how close the competition is. At this stage - pre-6 Nations - it seems any team cam win - even away from home.
      The gap is closing on the top two teams (Exeter & Saracens). Bristol looks like they have a chance of avoiding relegation.
    3. How well some teams have rebuilt themselves with key OS recruitment of marque players.
    4. The professionalism of the clubs and the presentation of the games.
    5. Most games are playing to a near-full house. So they're obviously doing something right! 82k attended the recent Quins v Wasps game at Twickers.
    6. The quality of the rugby and the skills development/improvement across the board.
    7. How Will Skelton may have lost >22 kg but is still a very average Lock and not fast/mobile enough to play anywhere else.
    8. Have just watched a cracker of a game with Sale rolling Saracens with little input from JOC. Enjoyed Farrell's YC for a high tackle - just to prove that he's not untouchable.
    9. It's much better than the French rugby - which I find very difficult to watch.
    10. How it's so much better than Super Rugby.
    11. It fills the gap between the NRC and GRR.

Re Global Rapid Rugby in 2019:
    • I'm trying to patiently wait for the competition details as it isn't even 2 months since the official World Rugby approval of the competition (14 Nov).
    • The lads are back into pre-season next week.
    • I'm interested to see who has been recruited to boost the squad and coaching/support group.
    • Already getting excited by the prospect of trial games NEXT MONTH!
    • After last year, I know that we'll see competitive, exciting games even if it proves too hard to get GRR up and going in a RWC year.
    • A season which builds on the success of last year would certainly keep me happy.
    • But I'd be even happier with GRR and a chance to travel to see the lads play away. The lads obviously had some motivation issues when there was nothing to play for other than the W.
    • Thanks for your efforts Minderoo. Hope it's a fantastic year ahead and good reward for your efforts.
    • MIH.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 05-01-19 at 14:52.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Yeah, my post was a bit tongue-in-cheek; I'm not sure if statistically having Mitch Marsh in the Scorchers side is a plus
    I think he goes half decent in the BBL.

Just keep him as far away from the real Cricket as possible.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I ended up keeping my FoxSports subscription when they gave me an offer that I couldn't refuse.
    The 50% reduction with only losing a few channels I never had time to watch was compelling.

I'm glad I did so as I've been really enjoying watching the English Gallagher Premiership.
    [*]MIH.[/LIST]
    Andrew,

What have you signed for and how much $, and for how long?

I am locked into my Telstra/ Fox $165p/m package for Broadband/phone/Foxtel&sport for another 6 months. Eighteen months ago it was an attractive package, but I am paying too much now. I am determined not to lock into anymore long term contracts in future.

Has anybody tried Kayo ?
    I only know one person who trialed it, but he said was too slow with spooling interruptions all the time.
    Hopefully they solve that in the next 6 months and he (and I) have NBN. Also where I can watch GRR.

https://kayosports.com.au

vCash
    Not touching kayo unless they commit to showing grr...
    If not, I'll be using whichever service does

C'mon the