Page 206 of 323 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 216 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4835

Thread: What makes you smile?

vCash

Hehehehehe :-D

Too funny ;-D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Le Tour over and now I can go to bed at a reasonable time

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Classic interview with the successful javelin ladies at the Commonwealth Games. The Badger would be dead proud.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    England cricket team beating India handsomely!! Yeah baby!!! ;-D

vCash
    One more until YOU KNOW WHAT! Yeh! yeh! yeh! Hubbububba!

vCash
    Sharknado 2

Delightfully awful film

vCash
    Women's rugby SA v Au.
    Guesing which SA players a women (at birth) 😃
    Big hits!U doing well after 22 mins

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    The startling lack of arrogance in the NSW media this week as they suddenly realise that the Crusaders are a real chance of bringing them back to earth with a giant thump.
    I hope it doesn't pan out like that. But only for the players'sake.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The startling lack of arrogance in the NSW media this week as they suddenly realise that the Crusaders are a real chance of bringing them back to earth with a giant thump.
    I hope it doesn't pan out like that. But only for the players'sake.
    I do.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Anyone but the Tahs!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ken Arrowsmith named as head brewer (or similar) at the new Northbridge Brewing Co.

http://www.northbridgebrewingco.com.au/story/

[who is Ken Arrowsmith? a quote from Wikipedia: Emu Bitter is a full-strength ale. It is a very bitter beer with now only 4.0% alcohol, high hoppiness and a medium body. The recipe has not changed since it was first launched in 1923. Emu Bitter is colloquially known as "Bush Chooks," "EB" or "Kenny" (after the master brewer, Ken Arrowsmith (Ken Oath) featured on the current label and in recent advertising).]

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1494
Size:  12.0 KB

Veteran
    vCash
    went to school with his son.

vCash
    two happy moments in one day: our box of yanky grub arrived!

Name:  IMAG0160.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  139.7 KB

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    Ken Arrowsmith named as head brewer (or similar) at the new Northbridge Brewing Co.

http://www.northbridgebrewingco.com.au/story/

[who is Ken Arrowsmith? a quote from Wikipedia: Emu Bitter is a full-strength ale. It is a very bitter beer with now only 4.0% alcohol, high hoppiness and a medium body. The recipe has not changed since it was first launched in 1923. Emu Bitter is colloquially known as "Bush Chooks," "EB" or "Kenny" (after the master brewer, Ken Arrowsmith (Ken Oath) featured on the current label and in recent advertising).]

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1494
Size:  12.0 KB

Old face behind a new brew

Steve Butler The West Australian
    August 8, 2014, 5:59 am

Ken Arrowsmith, the man on the can of one of WA's most iconic beer brands, has emerged from a five-year hiatus to put his famous name behind a new brew.

The veteran beer maker, whose image still appears on Emu Export and Emu Bitter cans alongside his ocker quotes, has moved into a new era by crafting a "Beerland" range that poured out for the first time at Wednesday's opening of the Northbridge Brewing Company.

After a stint throwing early-morning newspapers and magazines out of a car window as part of the family business he started after a long career as the Swan Brewery's master brewer, Mr Arrowsmith has hopped back into his life-long comfort zone.

His new home at NBC Beerland features three bar levels, including an open-air "skydeck", and the $800,000 fit-out has come complete with timber salvaged from the old Perry Lakes Stadium, recycled bricks, lights and fittings sourced from ebay and a hulking wooden beam from the Art Deco Ford Factory in North Fremantle.

Mr Arrowsmith started his beer career in 1979 through accidental "serendipity". He was an assistant chemist at the Swan Brewery after completing an applied science degree at the then WA Institute of Technology (now Curtin University).

He oversaw the 1992 introduction of Emu Draft and coyly described himself as the Emu Bitter "custodian" when its popularity boomed in the late 1980s into the 1990s. Not unlike his creative beer flair, he said Swan marketers had stretched his image on Emu cans.

"A fair bit of artistic licence was taken with the caricature," he said. "It was representing me, but I doubt if they actually looked at a photo of me and drew that. It was just all about putting good beer values in the brand and it took off."

Mr Arrowsmith believed there was healthy competition in the growing number of boutique beer brewers in WA. And the proliferation of new brews went hand-in-hand with the changing will of punters.

"Generationally, you find the beer preferences change," he said.

"You go back to the early baby boomers and Swan Lager was the go. Then a whole new generation came out and they weren't going to drink the same beer their fathers drank, so they drank Emu Export.

"There has been a tremendous journey of change and development and the whole industry changing around you. It's becoming more and more competitive and everywhere you turn around, someone is opening a new craft brewery."

Mr Arrowsmith said the Beerland range, which he loved like children, had been 18 months in the making and had been narrowed from 20 brews down to four styles. He also drew a battleline with winemakers, claiming his craft was more intricate.

"We taught them all they know," he said, admitting he always has an Emu Bitter in his home fridge.

"The amount of scientific research done into the brewing industry over the years predated any research in wine by about 80 to 100 years. I've always loved beer and I knew from my first taste of the industry that it was for me . . . you end up with a passion for it."

NBC has the capacity to produce 150,000 litres of beer annually and will also feature eight other predominantly craft labels. Its tavern licence does not allow it to move into the packaged beer market with the Beerland label.

Part-owner Mike Keiller, who has owned the adjacent Mustang Bar with partner Mike Rasheed since 1998, said part of the project's mission was to help "activate" the Northbridge Piazza.

"We want to get that family experience happening during the day and then obviously Northbridge is what it is later in the night - it goes to a younger demographic and we can cater for that as well," Mr Keiller said.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/li...nd-a-new-brew/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    On things beer there are some free tasting of a new Pale Ale from Busselton called The Blue Mile Pale Ale at JB's tonight and over the weekend. Made by an ex Creatures brewer and they will be opening The Blue Mile Brewery (blue for ocean, mile for length of jetty) at the (land end) of Busso Jetty in the not to distant future. Nice drop

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!