Thread: Valentine eyes green and gold

vCash

Valentine eyes green and gold

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ntentID=103541
    Josh Valentine doesn’t just want gold. He wants green and gold.

The Western Force’s latest acquisition was unveiled this morning, determined to reclaim the Wallabies No.9 jersey he wore four times in 2006.

In order to come to Perth to challenge for the Force’s scrum-half spot and then that of the Wallabies, he knocked back a couple of lucrative offers to play overseas.

“I can chase the money in Europe down the track,” he said.

“The big thing for me now is to get back in the Wallabies squad.”

Valentine, 25, was selected in the Test team after several good seasons for Queensland Reds.

But a move to NSW backfired when he was hardly used by the Waratahs over two seasons as he played second fiddle to Luke Burgess and dropped off the selectors’ radar.

Matt Henjak’s sacking at the start of the year left the Force as an avenue back to Super 14 but Valentine knows he will have to out-perform reliable Chris O’Young for a starting spot.

“After what’s happened to me in the past couple of years, I won’t be taking anything for granted,” he said.

“I haven’t been given any guarantees of selection. All I want is a chance to show what I can do, playing inside Matt Giteau.

“My goal is to have a good enough season in 2009 to get back into the national squad.”

The 176cm Valentine, who does his own negotiations, opted for a one-year deal in the belief he will do sufficiently well to earn a significant pay increase in following years.

Valentine was unveiled alongside new lock/flanker Richard Stanford, 25, a former Australia Schoolboys, Under 19s and Under 21s forward who has made his six Super 14 appearances as a replacement with the Brumbies.

Both players will start training when the squad returns from a two-day break tomorrow.

PERTH
    DAVE HUGHES

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ntentID=103541

Valentine, 25, was selected in the Test team after several good seasons for Queensland Reds.

But a move to NSW backfired when he was hardly used by the Waratahs over two seasons as he played second fiddle to Luke Burgess and dropped off the selectors’ radar.
    well thats where he went wrong, should never have left QLD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    well thats where he went wrong, should never have left QLD
    i hope that moving to the force is making up for his wrongs

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Well if you ask TOCC he'll probably say it's a bit of a homecoming with the being Queensland "C" and all....actually I'm not sure now who is the "C" now TOCC?

I'm starting to like the way this bloke's talking, I didn't rate him much when he was at Qld and that seemed to be confirmed at the 'Tahs, but he seems to be interested in doing the work, and he wouldn't be the first Queenslander Mitch has pulled from obscurity to make into a superstar. All he needs to do is stay in the West and avoid the temptation to chase an easy start in Qld again, we all know that road leads to an inability to catch and poor tackling technique!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    we all know that road leads to an inability to catch and poor tackling technique!
    He couldn't catch to begin with

vCash
    He was learning at the , then he stuffed it all up by going back where he learned to catch (or other) in the first place.....what did he think was gunna happen?

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Did anyone hear what happened to Playford?

vCash
    Well if you ask TOCC he'll probably say it's a bit of a homecoming with the being Queensland "C" and all....actually I'm not sure now who is the "C" now TOCC?

I'm starting to like the way this bloke's talking, I didn't rate him much when he was at Qld and that seemed to be confirmed at the 'Tahs, but he seems to be interested in doing the work, and he wouldn't be the first Queenslander Mitch has pulled from obscurity to make into a superstar. All he needs to do is stay in the West and avoid the temptation to chase an easy start in Qld again, we all know that road leads to an inability to catch and poor tackling technique!
    haha, your such a tool

vCash
    HOOK!

now to see if I can land 'im

You must've had a busy day yesterday mate, I threw several baits out and it took a while for you to respond.

C'mon the

vCash
    HOOK!

now to see if I can land 'im

You must've had a busy day yesterday mate, I threw several baits out and it took a while for you to respond.
    well some ppl have to work for a living
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    his was not getting a run with the Tahs, even a bench spot...the Force are the only ones which would give him ago with a good squad. I wish him all the best...He a good signing and could do very well given the with opportunity...