Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Forceful Stadium Demands

Champion
    vCash
    u r bloody spot on with your thoughts. I love the game but lets stop stuffing around stuff the coperative boys they are more interested in spinning bullshit than watching rugby! The WF board needs to focus on the average bloke not the coperative boys - -not too many left now anyway

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    where do you think the money comes from?
    Ps you dont drink VB by any chance?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    I have had a guts ful of all this stuffing around wll we build will we not. (Thanks Grill u have made it more difficult)

lets get on with it and reshape Members Equity. Western Force will say it hasnt enough coperative box's, well WF board its the members the diehards, that turn up every week that u should be pleasing, coperative guys are hear one day gone the next.

i am afraid for $425 i will be watching foxtel this year until the WF board get some guts and do something. Sorry to be so down but I reckon the WF will be no longer in two years. They cant survive on sliding membership.

And then to raed they have substandard practice facilities!! take the outfit to Victoria at least they wont go broke and get looked after
    i'm sorry, you've lost me there. it doesnt seem like you're an average punter (unless my definition of punter is wrong ). you seem like someone who wants the best for his/her money, as in you pay this much for your seat and you except certain standards for it, which isnt a bad thing. but it doesn't strike me as a true force fan.

i consider myself to be a diehard rugby fan. i would pay my full membership to sit in the bloody 'blewcrew' section surrounded by those thunderstix-aholics. just because being in a stadium with my team playing, no matter what stadium we are in there is an atmosphere and that cannot be replaced by a TV. i learnt the hard way. i waited 1 year for my first force game and 2 for my first membership. subiaco is terrible, but after you have that team atmosphere i would rather watch my team there than on TV. i go where the force goes. and i think that is the qualities that rugbywa should look for in their members.

i value the force more than i value my seat quality. and i would like to think that makes me a true, diehard western force fan...

so if we were stuck in the multipurpose stadium, would you keep the foxtel and just not get another membership?

i'm also not sure how making more money out of coporate seats who aren't 'real fans' any better than making less money from people who only go to games if it suits their standards?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    The WF board needs to focus on the average bloke not the coperative boys - -not too many left now anyway
    How many Professional sporting teams worldwide do not have corporate support?

Take Volvo, they have just poured $1m into the club as a sleeve sponsor for the next 3 years. If that was to come out of the supporters pockets, given that there are 13,923 members (not including corporates), that would cost each member an extra $72 dollars over the three year period. I am not sure on the other sponsoorship deals but the price keeps adding up.

When you add in the rent that RugbyWA has to pay to play at Subi (in excess of $1m per season) that then adds a further $72 per member per year.

Suddenly, the $425 membership per year (gold seat) doesn't seem too bad compared with the potential of spending in excess of $1000 per year.

I noticed you live in Perth but watch the games on foxtel. Don't even get me started on that one......

vCash
    OX,I smell a rat

vCash
    unfortunately not - BDavey is expressing the opinions of many supporters out there - given a choice between Fox 12*55 = $660 and membershiip $495 a lot of punters are opting for Fox - because of Subi.

BDavey is right WF won't survive without a decent ground - don't like to say it and that's why Greg Harris is prepared to have our players playing out of sub standard facilities in order to get the ME upgrade - Memberships must be really really down.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Also bear in mind you non children families - this year has been tough for a lot of families out there - a lot of people may want to renew but with XMAS coming etc.. they may not be in a position to do so.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    My kids have only just come off Baked Beans because I paid for my membership again

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    baked beans--sheer luxury

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    My kids have only just come off Baked Beans because I paid for my membership again
    Loyalties in the right place FT

vCash
    I'm in hock up to my eyeballs for our membership.....Yes, I paid $425 apiece for the gold membership with RugbyWA pusing for a piece of Member's Equity action there's no way I'm missing out on sideline seats!

Now all I have to do is remember what meat tastes like! anybody want to invite me over for a barbie? I'll bring the hungry hordes, you supply the meat!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'll Fed Ex you some bones from tonights roast mate

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    each member an extra $72 dollars ................that then adds a further $72 per member per year.
    Good points, Ox. But there's always something to be said for not letting the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Ps you dont drink VB by any chance?
    VB - the beer of choice for the coperative boys.

baked beans--sheer luxury
    Thut's noothin'. When I were a lad we 'ad to lick t'sauce off oother peoples baked beans joost so Dud could pay 'is membership to t'Force

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7