Thread: Pulling rank

vCash

Pulling rank

As the Wallabies embark on their end-of-season tour, few would be aware just how much is riding on every result. The seedings for the next World Cup will be based on rankings at the end of November.

The Wallabies currently sit third on 85.69 points, behind New Zealand (92.04) and South Africa (87.75), but more importantly just ahead of Argentina (83.36) and England (83.16).

These kind of facts and figures may bore the socks off some people, but they could have a massive impact on our World Cup hopes in 2011.

If we stay in third spot and New Zealand maintain their No.1 ranking, we would face South Africa in a World Cup semi-final (provided results followed the form guide, of course).

If we drop to fourth, we would most likely have to face the All Blacks in the semi-finals; if we drop to fifth, make than a trans-Tasman confrontation in the quarter-finals - an even more unappealing prospect.

Of course, a lot can happen before the next World Cup. Following the 2003 tournament, England were entrenched in first position.
    http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...145697918.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Actually I'd rather face the Allblacks in the Semis or the Quarters, we all know the history of those encounters. To my knowledge though the All Blacks are batting 1000 when it comes to World Cup finals though (*GIGS20 ducks for cover in case he's wrong)

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    What I liked was the picture, with the ABs showing due respect for once!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Actually I'd rather face the Allblacks in the Semis or the Quarters, we all know the history of those encounters. To my knowledge though the All Blacks are batting 1000 when it comes to World Cup finals though (*GIGS20 ducks for cover in case he's wrong)
    .500 by my count

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

win in 1987 vs France??

loss in 1995 vs South Africa (the famous "food poisioning" incident, well thats what they said)