I wouldn't even hesitate to step onto a Qantas flight. They have the safest reputation in Australia, and i dare say the world.

This whole thing is nothing more then a storm in a tea cup.

The whole maintance thing is a non issue. To operate an aircraft in Australian airspace it must confirm to Civil Avaition Safety Authority (CASA) standards and must be certified by CASA. To get said certificate i think an aircraft must undergo inspection every 100 flight hours, so either the maintanance isn't being done properly and Qantas will start having an awful amount of planes grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
I ask the question of all the nay sayers...if you have a problem with QANTAS getting some maintenance done overseas, where do the overseas airlines get their planes maintained?
Qantas would still be hiring by their standards of licensed aircraft engineers

Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post

I've had really bad experiences on Qantas, with one flight even being turned around mid air.
Thats becasue it's what the pilot is trained to do that should A. Something go wrong or B. He gets an idication that something will go wrong. Would you rather the flight continue untill it is too late??

Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
I would probably fly Emirates and Singapore Airlines now, because they have got great service and they're planes are always in great condition.
so long as your going overseas that will be great. Domestically you will be forced to take Qantas, Virgin or drive. I keep hearing that the government will de-regulate the industry so that overseas carriers can fly in domestic flights in Austrlia but I don't alot has happened there. I know Tiger Airlines do Perth to Melbourne and thats about it

Alot of people are acting as if Planes were falling out of the sky and crashing. Thank your lucky stars you don't have to catch "Indonesian Airlines", that crash in March 2007 was caused by a pilot who was trying to get in to the destination early so he would get a bonus in his pay. Rude Flight Attendants are apart of life, they could pop up on any flight or any carrier, same with nice attendants, to say that they are limited to Qantas is just silly. A possible plane crash is a posibilty any time you get on a plane, people take air travel for granted these days

I will still gladly pay extra to catch a Qantas flight