Thread: BLR's perspective- This weekends game

vCash

BLR's perspective- This weekends game

I wrote an entry on another forum a few days ago, it was basically my view as an Australian on the game this weekend. I didn't give it a edit so there is a few spelling errors so bare with me. Anyway, as it's pretty long as I go fairly in depth I only put in the first few paragraphs. I haven't written for about a year and a half so be kind.

As Australia goes into the game against the All Blacks on the weekend I hope they have the same fire that their predeccessors had which granted them some of the most outstanding upsets in Wallaby history. Who can be the spark that will win the game for the Wallabies in this most important of games? The winner will gain the Tri-Nations title and will decide the importance of the Hong Kong Bledisloe. If the All Blacks win, they will win the Tri-Nations and the Hong Kong Bledisloe will be merely a formality.

The 5 or so players who were shipped in for the last test against the Springboks have been shipped straight back out, either Robbie Deans made a huge tactical error or he purposely brought in players who were probably not good enough, so as to minimise the risks of injuries in a Tri Nations match which didn't count towards the winning of the competition.

Tight five: The starting tight five are Benn Robinson, Stephen Moore, Al Baxter, James Horwill and Nathan Sharpe. On the bench Australia have Matt Dunning, Adam Freier and Hugh McMeniman.

Like usual our front row will most likely be monstered by the All Blacks but Baxter has replaced Dunning who has been terrible this season. Baxter has been somewhat rejuvenated by Robbie Deans and has helped shore up the Australian front row so that it is at least competitive. Adam Freier is on the bench taking the place of the woeful Tolata Polata Nau who needs to learn to throw straight in the lineouts if he wants to become a Wallaby regular. Nathan Sharpe will add a large amount of experience at lock that was sorely missed last test and will hopefully come back with a belly full of fire so that he is able to keep his test place in the future.....
    The rest can be found here

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BLR; 12-09-08 at 15:42.