Thread: Daniel Carter warns counterpart Matt Giteau

vCash

Daniel Carter warns counterpart Matt Giteau

All Blacks plan to expose Wallabies
    Marco Monteverde
    September 11, 2008 12:00am

Flyhalf Daniel Carter has warned counterpart Matt Giteau to expect an All Black avalanche at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night.

The Kiwis will try to expose the Wallabies' lack of playmaking alternatives.

With regular inside centre Berrick Barnes ruled out of the Tri-Nations decider with a shoulder injury, the onus falls on Giteau to guide the Wallabies to victory on Saturday night.

Even master coach Robbie Deans could not provide an answer at Tuesday's team announcement when asked who would provide flyhalf cover for Giteau if Australia's worst nightmare unfolded.

Although certain his former Crusaders mentor had something up his sleeve, Carter admitted he was surprised there was..Read More Here.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm only worried in the context that this was exactly what the 'Tahs set out to do in april and we all know how good I looked after that little foray!

I reckon If Git's can play smart and keep his head on the right side of the tackle, he'll expose some pretty big gaps out wide considering all their loosies and inside centre will be running at him and they've got nothing else on the right side of the field.

Ryan cross will have a bit of a field day, not so much because he's awesome but he's just gunna be johnny on the spot getting lots of cutout ball from Gits. Stirling will be covering up in defence, providing a dummy runner option and generally putting in the hard yards and Git's will be looking to get the ball wide.

If the battle in the loose goes well for us, this will work. If Gits gets too much back foot play we'll get hammered. I'm sure this is a factor in the decision to put Brownie on the bench!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    All this talk about how ugly it will be if Gits is injured and yet what will happen if Carter goes down.

Carter hurt = Wallabies by 15

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    someone's a nervous kiwi, hey dan? gits is, i think, a bit unintimadatable now, if thats a word...

ft- carter uninjured: wallabies by 14

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    cross is being underestimated already. i love it

vCash
    Me too!
    When he comes out and *kapows* the All Blacks it will look even more impressive and have that element of surpise!

I think its all hot air from Dan Carter, the last game the All Blacks played Carter was off kilter with the kicking and Gits has been on fire.

vCash
    hehe
    i love the word kapow...it explains so much in just 1 word

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    When he comes out and *kapows* the All Blacks it will look even more impressive and have that element of surpise!
    Wouldn't rugby be so much better if it had Batman-esque (60's Batman) *kapow* action bubble?

vCash
    oh my god...that would be complete wickedness right there

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    It would make Ch7's coverage more interesting

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Wouldn't rugby be so much better if it had Batman-esque (60's Batman) *kapow* action bubble?
    No, it would put me out of a job

vCash
    I'm sure most cuzzy bros would take Mortlock at 10 rather than Stephen Donald