Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Email sent to Channel 7 Perth

Champion
    vCash

Email sent to Channel 7 Perth

I've sent this email to channel 7. I wonder if I'll get a response

Australia’s National Rugby Union team , the Wallabies, played the World Champions, the Springboks, from South Africa in a Tri Nations game at Subiaco Oval on Saturday evening.

In front of a sell out crowd, in fact the largest crowd at the ground this season, including AFL crowds, with hundreds more watching in licensed premises around the State the Wallabies scored two tries to nil to beat the Springboks in a tense and exciting game. The Wallabies are now undefeated in the four games they have played this season.

There is now unprecedented interest in the next Tri Nations game when the Wallabies take on old rivals New Zealand next Saturday 26th July in Sydney. This will be the first time new Wallabies Coach, Robbie Deans, has gone head to head with his old team and no doubt there will be a few scores to settle.

Channel 7 in Perth will be showing the game at the family friendly time of umm umm………11.40pm Saturday evening. Well done Channel 7 Perth you are truly the “home of Rugby”

P.S. Like all the other rugby fans I’ll be watching it on Foxtel!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Good work, PerthGirl.

Wonder if I can get Foxtel by next weekend?

vCash
    I agree good work!! Hopefully it won't fall on deaf ears. If the ARU had any idea on how to promote the game they would be jumping on this. Force games should be shown on there each week as well, not live but at least about 10.30 ish or at least at some point over that weekend. They will show rats clacker GAYFL matches between two out of state teams but a local team like our Force doesn't get a look in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    I agree good work!! Hopefully it won't fall on deaf ears.
    sorry WRF you obviously haven't made contact with Channel 7 re programming before.

If I could be bothered I'd search other threads where people posted the reply to many similar emails on the subject.

PerthGirl will recieve a nice little form email talking about respecting her opinions but it's a numbers game and they have to be driven by the majority. Apparently the majority would rather watch reruns of the Vicar of Dibley and Renovation Rescue to the vs the World Champions.

We keep trying but it's hard to enforce change when they aren't listening, where's No8 when you need him? I guess he's buying three netball skirts to sew together for Saturday am I right Neogirl?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    sorry WRF you obviously haven't made contact with Channel 7 re programming before.

If I could be bothered I'd search other threads where people posted the reply to many similar emails on the subject.

PerthGirl will recieve a nice little form email talking about respecting her opinions but it's a numbers game and they have to be driven by the majority. Apparently the majority would rather watch reruns of the Vicar of Dibley and Renovation Rescue to the vs the World Champions.

We keep trying but it's hard to enforce change when they aren't listening, where's No8 when you need him? I guess he's buying three netball skirts to sew together for Saturday am I right Neogirl?
    Actually I have made contact with them and I got the same response you have mentioned above. The ARU sent me a similar letter about similar suggestions. Don't get me started on letters for the rectangular stadium I have sent that come back with pathetic responses. I'm sure there are many threads about this and I'm glad you didn't waist your time searching for them. I was just trying to be positive to Perth Girl for her efforts, I still say good work and hopefully common sense might come into it.

vCash
    ooh, rectangular stadium you say...read We Need Corners - A Rectangular Stadium For Perth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    ooh, rectangular stadium you say...read We Need Corners - A Rectangular Stadium For Perth!

Been there before, great site. This was my design for the stadium, I'll keep sending letters and hassling people, it makes me feel better. When my books get published or I win Lotto I will build it myself. "If you build it they will come".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

vCash
    I hope you signed!

We're handing it over Tuesday Week, maybe an email to barry.house@mp.gov.au would be in order!

Thanks Laura, beat me by | | that much!

C'mon the

vCash
    channel seven can suck one, i dont think they care honestly, it wont be long until rugby is a pay tv exclusive deal!

even over here where they play it live, the coverage is terrible, the commentary hasnt changed in 10 years and they half ass any promotion!

fox sports all the way!

Champion
    vCash
    Everyone keep sending the emails to channel 7 and the ARU, if we bug them enough something might get done!

vCash
    i still maintain that my conspiracy theory has merit, at least in WA
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    I unfortunately had to see their coverage at midnight. Grap to the max, ie timing and actual coverage. Please take the rights off them to someone who appreciates the game,maybe SBS, Channel 31. Why didnt they show the game at 7.30 or even 8.30pm
    I found out the final score inside a restaurant at 8pm, via a phone call.The restaurant went off

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Been there before, great site. This was my design for the stadium, I'll keep sending letters and hassling people, it makes me feel better. When my books get published or I win Lotto I will build it myself. "If you build it they will come".

are you free on the 29th?
    i know of something you might be interested in

Champion
    vCash
    Reply from Channel 7 . they don't even have the decency to send me a different one, it's exactly the same as the one they sent me before

Dear Wendy
    Thank you for your email concerning our rugby telecasts.

When scheduling programs on television, we attempt to please as many people as we can, but unfortunately we will never be able to cater for everyone's taste in programs at the same time.

I can understand your disappointment with the telecast time however whilst there is a following for rugby in WA, unfortunately this doesn't ever seem to translate into a sizeable audience on television in Perth. We need to be very mindful of what the majority of our viewers want to watch and In the past when we have telecast Rugby live in Perth it has been the least watched program in its timeslot, being beaten by programs on all the other stations at that time. It is a different story in New South Wales and Queensland which are traditional rugby states and where rugby telecasts are strongly supported by viewers.

I have a feeling that none of it will make a difference to how you feel about our schedule of rugby telecasts. You are obviously passionate about the subject and good on you for it however, as I said before, unfortunately we can't please everyone all the time, we try to please the most amount of people we can.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

Ray Wardrop

Program and Communications Manager

Bullshit Ray

vCash
    COPY AND PASTED RESPONSE TO ALL EMAILS.
    honestly. it's all blah blah. rugby has a HUGE following, they wouldn't know that it grabs a size-able crowd on telly coz they show it at ridiculous times and people don't stay up so they tape it and watch it in the morning!

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast