Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Elsom to start after appeal victory

vCash
    apologise for what, i said in november, when were touring overseas i would back burgess over cordingly!

apologise to me for not reading my post properly!

sharpe got dropped becuase he is isnt good enough to retain his position in the matchday squad, vics is,

i would appreciate it if you would apologise to Daniel for comparing his ability to Nathans, i know for a fact he finds it insulting for people to assume he was ever that bad at rugby, even when he was in the womb!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    apologise for what, i said in november, when were touring overseas i would back burgess over cordingly!

apologise to me for not reading my post properly!

sharpe got dropped becuase he is isnt good enough to retain his position in the matchday squad, vics is,

i would appreciate it if you would apologise to Daniel for comparing his ability to Nathans, i know for a fact he finds it insulting for people to assume he was ever that bad at rugby, even when he was in the womb!
    Yes, because Burgess would be coming back from an injury, if he was coming in fit would you keep Cordingley in?

Yeah, Vickerman played great, lasted 20 minutes and had to go off because he couldn't handle the toughness of the game. Or maybe he was thinking of all the money he would be chasing overseas and wanted to get his Wallaby season over and done with? I mean, he is a Saffa after all.

vCash
    so you'd Vicks play through an injury to the same shoulder that has had two recent reconstructions...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    so you'd Vicks play through an injury to the same shoulder that has had two recent reconstructions...
    I wouldn't have played him at all, he was evidently no where near ready.

vCash
    as my original post said, if burgess is fit for the last bledisloe, i would keep cords in and play burgess off the bench cos cords would be match fit!

but the actual tour of europe when we play and experiment against norther teams i would stick with youth and give burgs the run cos cordingly wont be there, i might even drop him from the tour squad altogether for the greatest tah of all mr bret sheehan so we are building towards the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus
    as my original post said, if burgess is fit for the last bledisloe, i would keep cords in and play burgess off the bench cos cords would be match fit!
    So going by that theory, Drew Mitchell should have been kept in the 15 because he is match fit and Sharpie should have been kept in the squad/15, because he is match fit.

Last edited by laura; 29-08-08 at 16:27. Reason: for WJ's sake

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dont confuse him Laura.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    So going by that theory, Drew Mitchell should have been kept in the squad because he is match fit and Sharpie should have been kept in the team, because he is match fit.
    ive already said this but, mitchell only played because AAc was out, 1 game does not mean the same as a couple of months like burgs is out! mitchell is in the squad anyway, he is on the bench!

Sharpe got dropped from the squad, from the squad, can you people not understand that, when Robbie Deans sits down and names his best 22 players, Nathan Sharpe is looking for part time work, he lost his spot when horwill stepped up!

Vics got injured, in a physical game, it happens, i seem to remember Gits being injured in a certain game this year, are you saying that Gits shouldnt be selected because he cant tackle without injuring himself?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Rightttt.....

So Ewan McKenzie was dropped because????

vCash
    we have a board made up of club bosses who are all pushing political bandwagons around with little to o regard for anything but justifying there own job!

do you not know this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    ive already said this but, mitchell only played because AAc was out, 1 game does not mean the same as a couple of months like burgs is out! mitchell is in the squad anyway, he is on the bench!

Sharpe got dropped from the squad, from the squad, can you people not understand that, when Robbie Deans sits down and names his best 22 players, Nathan Sharpe is looking for part time work, he lost his spot when horwill stepped up!

Vics got injured, in a physical game, it happens, i seem to remember Gits being injured in a certain game this year, are you saying that Gits shouldnt be selected because he cant tackle without injuring himself?
    Cordingley was only in the 15 because Burgess was injured! Drew was in the 15 because AAc was injured. You said "cordingley should stay because he is match fit" Drew is match fit too, what's the difference?! None, its just that Mitchell isn't a Tah so you don't care.

I edited my post so you know what I meant now.

If Sharpe lost his spot when Horwill stepped up then why did they play together, oh thats right because Sharpie is fit! Going by your same principal of if theya re match fit they should play, Sharpie is match fit so slot him in the 15. Oh and while you're at it chuck Brownie in there too, he is match fit.

Gits injury was different to a re-occuring shoulder injury! Gits injury was a freak accident not a poxy shoulder that can't stay in place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Cordingley was only in the 15 because Burgess was injured! Drew was in the 15 because AAc was injured. You said "cordingley should stay because he is match fit" Drew is match fit too, what's the difference?! None, its just that Mitchell isn't a Tah so you don't care.

I edited my post so you know what I meant now.

If Sharpe lost his spot when Horwill stepped up then why did they play together, oh thats right because Sharpie is fit! Going by your same principal of if theya re match fit they should play, Sharpie is match fit so slot him in the 15. Oh and while you're at it chuck Brownie in there too, he is match fit.

Gits injury was different to a re-occuring shoulder injury! Gits injury was a freak accident not a poxy shoulder that can't stay in place.
    if you can sort your understanding out, the question was originally about Burgess & Cordingly! as Burgess is going to be out for a couple of months i said if he was fit for the final Bledisloe i would stick with Cords becasue he would be match fit, now just to spell it out, burgess would have been out a couple of months and cords would have been playing, it was a hypothetical and i stand by it!

Horwill & Sharpe played together because Vics was out injured! if Horwill hadnt stepped up Vics & Sharpe would have been playing together! do you understand?

AAC was out one match, he comes back into the spot he had and mitchell goes to the bench, i woul dhave been happy had mitchell stayed and AAC was on the bench, but obviously AAC is Robbies first choice!

now, is there anythign ive missed, does anyone else need a question answered, i have to go out later so ask now!

vCash
    Don't treat me like I'm stupid and stop being so condescending, I understand what you are saying.
    Your justification for Cordingley playing before Burgess, is fine but you can't claim that and then dismiss that other players cant play by the same principle.

Look forward to seeing Rocky on the field!

Last edited by laura; 29-08-08 at 21:27. Reason: spelling

vCash
    i got asked the question about burgess, i answered it in what my rugby playing/coaching/watching career has taught me is appropriate, its not condecending, a player being out a couple of months is bound to be less match fit than a player that misses a week, im not sure if you got my point!

the only other player you applied my "theory" to is Mitchell and ACC and i explained that it was only a week!
    the same theory doesnt apply!

vCash
    Well it started off as a joke, but then you got all bitey so I ran with it and then you got all nasty and condescending so now I'm ending it.
    If you allowed PM's I would have kept this "discussion" out of the public forum, because clearly it has gone off track now.

End of story.

Rocky is back go back to discussing that.

Last edited by laura; 29-08-08 at 21:28. Reason: typo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast