Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Elsom to start after appeal victory

vCash
    mitchell was there for a week, hynes has a month of form on the board, if mitcell had a month of form ont he board at fullback (like AAC has) then he shouldnt be dropped either!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    Deans is trying to keep some players fresh for the RWC Semi Final in Brisbane on september 13. No problem in giving the bench players some more time, gives them a chance to prove themselves to Deans that they deserve a place in the 22 in Brisbane.
    Practising a bit of mental disintegration there Ox???

Not sure about the selections- in the context it probably makes sense to 'rest' the likes of Smith and Moore, given they're about to run out against a bunch of very angry saffers, but if we're talking about the backs (AAC, Hynes etc) in terms of who has 'runs on the board' the replacements in the forwards, particularly TPN, leave a bit to be desired (Waugh's been good off the bench, but his run-on effort was pretty ordinary).

Last edited by Swee_82; 29-08-08 at 08:23.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    mitchell was there for a week, hynes has a month of form on the board, if mitcell had a month of form ont he board at fullback (like AAC has) then he shouldnt be dropped either!

So I guess when Burgess is fit to return you will be supporting the selection of Cordingley as he will have a month of form on the board.

vCash
    it depends when burgess is fit, if it is by november then i will support burgess because cordingly isnt going to be here next year, if he is fit for the last bledisloe, i would prefer cords, with match fitness to start and burgess on the bench!

vCash
    I think its great that Rocky won the appeal, I just wonder what was said for him get the suspension and then for it to be quashed a few days later?
    Were they not serious about it the first time or did they come to their senses and realise that their players did more citation-worthy things?!

vCash
    the first time the decision was made by a different person, when everyone settled down a little, they probably realised the precident it set and decided the warning shot was enough!

vCash
    any reports how the saffer went in his appeal (last I heard he was going to appeal)?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    There is only this article from the other day on the Sa website, nothing more about it, so maybe he only got as far as considering it and not actually applying for it.

Springboks consider Van der Linde appeal
    26 August 2008 (Posted: 17:42)

South Africa will consider appealing against the four-week suspension handed out to prop CJ van der Linde on Wednesday.
    National teams’ manager Andy Marinos said the decision would be made once they had received the full report of the

SANZAR Judicial Officer, Nick Davidson QC of New Zealand.

Van der Linde was cleared of a charge of striking Australian scrumhalf Sam Cordingley with his head. He was suspended until 22 September after pleading guilty to a lesser charge of dangerously entering a ruck.

“We’ll consider an appeal once we have seen the full verdict,” said Marinos. “We should receive it in the morning [Wednesday], after which we have 48 hours to appeal if we so wish.”

SA Rugby - www.sarugby.co.za - The official home of rugby in South Africa

vCash
    sorry, that article says he wasnt found guilty of striking but rather dangerously entering a ruck, the judicary is a freaken joke i tell you!

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    sorry, that article says he wasnt found guilty of striking but rather dangerously entering a ruck, the judicary is a freaken joke i tell you!

Yeah most of those tribunal/judiciary things are a joke. My guess is it is something technical like striking has to be using your hand. I bet he put up the argument that he wasn't intentionally trying to hit him head on jaw.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    Yeah most of those tribunal/judiciary things are a joke. My guess is it is something technical like striking has to be using your hand. I bet he put up the argument that he wasn't intentionally trying to hit him head on jaw.
    its generally pretty intentional when you try it twice!
    if the judiciary let him off they are kidding themselves
    you cant just have players going around headbutting people

vCash
    i think they are reasonable team changes, TPN is a little questionable with his lineouts but he deserves more game time anyway. Waugh is another player who deserves more game time, it cant hurt giving Smith a bit of a break either.

I thought it was a little unecessary replacing Mitchell, but obviously Deans has his reasons why.

Tahu in for Barnes looks like a good move, it does place a lot more pressure on Giteau though, since he wont have Barnes to lighten the kicking and playmaking load.

vCash
    tahu could be a bit of a playmaker, im not sold if this is to early for him yet, guess we will see on saturday, but if he has learnt the game as quickly as it seems he has then he has quite a skillset to work with at inside centre.

sink or swim, i dont think he will set the world alight but i dont think he will be a liability there!

vCash
    A good team really, if TPN's throwing is pants then give Waugh a throw (maybe why he's starting too). Otherwise Moore's on the bench so just sub him. Better he sorts it out now than in Brisbane.

Glad they flew Sharpe over to keep Brown company, I hear he was getting bored on the bus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    Then why isn't Mitchell playing in place of Hynes??? Hynes only got the spot on the wing because Mitchell was injured.
    Hynes played one decent game, keeping him in will keep the QLD old boys happy ala Lote during his form slump.
    it depends when burgess is fit, if it is by november then i will support burgess because cordingly isnt going to be here next year, if he is fit for the last bledisloe, i would prefer cords, with match fitness to start and burgess on the bench!
    Well Sharpe had a month or so playing and Vickerman got in the team, despite him leaving at the end of the year? Now apologise.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast