View Poll Results: Are you interested in being a part of TWF's Road Trip to the Country Carnival in Gero

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Yeah, sounds great, count me in!

1 25.00%
  • Would love to but have prior commitments

3 75.00%
  • Nah, sorry, not really my cup of tea. Too many flies!!!

0 0%

Thread: TWF and the Country Carnival

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

TWF and the Country Carnival

The Country Carnival contested annually between teams based in country areas of Western Australia. In 2006 the carnival is planned to be held in Geraldton over the period 3-4 June 2006. The Carnival utilises the Foundation Day Weekend to assist teams in traveling from places including Albany, Kalgoorlie and Margaret River.
    Earlier a suggestion was made that TWF could use that long weekend as a "Road Trip" to get away from the City and also support the development of Rugby in Country Western Australia.
    Apart from the Rugby Carnival there is plenty to see and do in and around Geraldton to add to the trip and make it a family weekend as well.
    Geraldton has a great Museum, restaurants, beaches, the HMAS Sydney Memorial and many other local attractions.
    A little further a field you can discover some local wines, visit one of our oldest settlements at Greenough or explore into the beautiful farming and national parks areas inland around Northampton, Mingenew and Dongara.
    And for those looking to make the most of it, Kalbarri is only a short jaunt up the coast or ever onwards if your destined for Coral Bay or Exmouth for the week!
    Anyway, the question is are you interested in heading to Geraldton for the Country Carnival to catch up with TWF Members, meet a heap of new mates over the odd amber beverage and watch some great games from the big-arse country lads?
    If the numbers are there we should be able to organise a great outing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Who would want to go to Geraldton???

According to un-named sources close the the Queensland Reds. Geraldton rates right up their with Hamilton in New Zealand in the fun quotent.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well I guess you couldn't get much futher away!
    Gero in the last few years is actually pretty good.
    Looks like it's going to be a party of one though, me and the Freemasons Hotel chicks...whooo hoooo

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Burgs did I ever tell you where I grew up?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    If I was a single lad without anyone else to be concerned about (or to answer too ...) I'd be in for sure. My Rugby quota is pretty much already used up, pity the same can;t be said for my house renovation, painting, paving quota

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Exile: Certainly did mate (above I was refering to getting away rather than living away, ie where you Exiled to) and I would have agreed with you up until about '99 but things have changed a lot since then and I can tell you for a fact there is OBH Front Bar quality chicks in the Freos Friday Sessions nowdays.
    It's not so much an argument about Gero anyway, it's about the Country Carnival and getting a crew together to watch it. Under those circumstances it could be held at Sandstone and we'd still have a good time!
    A weekend of Rugby, a pile of rugby supporters (fans wouldn't travel) and a heap of grog....jeez what else do you want?!?!?!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Just another reminder for those out bush who may be interested, make sure you pencil in on the calendar the following details for this Foundation Day Long Weekend the WA Country Rugby Carnival. Due to to the "raging success" of the attached Poll, anyone interested in hooking up at the Carnival should email or Private Message me and we can organise to meet during the weekend:

In 2006 the annual Country Carnival will be hosted by Geraldton and is open to all WA Country Clubs.

Date: 3rd & 4th June 2006
    Venue: La Fiamma Sporting Club
    Participants: All WA Country Rugby Union Clubs welcome
    Contacts: Warren Abrams ( Vice President)
    P.O. Box 2544
    Geraldton WA 6531
    Phone: 99217222
    Fax: 99217233
    Mobile: 0427081229

R.S.V.P: To Warren Abrams by End April 2006.(For teams not visitors!)

Bring the family along with you to sunny Geraldton and soak in some of the local hospitality. There is plenty to see and do for the whole family!

The organisers have also arranged some great accomodation deals so please contact on the above details for more information.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.