Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151
Results 2,251 to 2,264 of 2264

Thread: What Ruffles you Feathers (Mk II)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I firmly believe that the Board was misled in 2017 by what I refer to as the Gang of Four.
    They should have walked out like Stooke did so blood is on their hands. Eales is the only other board member with some credibility as he resigned, faced fans in WA in person and responded to angry fans.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Gillard got the Labor leadership by stabbing Rudd in the back so Rudd went out for revenge and lied to the Australian public about the Carbon Tax. She was an awful public speaker and made the education system worse.

Castle didn’t have the guts to sack Cheika. The argument that the RA said that they couldn’t afford which was bs as they paid out Scott Johnson’s Scottish contract and have now wasted ridiculous money on lawyers. The RA allowed Cheika to throw Larkham under the bus and moved him sideways which lasted three months.

Don’t get me started on Cheika taking 51 people to Johannesburg for an extra week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Politics, power, ego and money. All the things that have destroyed the game in Australia. And (dare I say it) all perpetrated by men.

I know people here have little time for Raelene Castle. But I can tell you all that she displays none of those traits and if only people took the time, they would come to respect her as highly as I have come to respect her.

Now is time for a female Chair of Rugby Australia.

This is not me being anti-men in any way at all. I just believe that women often make better leaders.

Previous CEO's got things done. Raelene refuses to be a real CEO and hides in Cameron Clynes shadow pretending she has no aurhority to do anything. If she was such a good leader then she should be able to pursuade the board to get things done, the chairmen doesnt have the ultimate say on everything they just bring it to a vote via the board. She is nothing like O'Neil and nothing like Flowers, Flowers pursuaded the board to get the ARC started which was a phenomenal feat. It didnt last but atleast he did something for the sport. Raelene has literally done nothing for Rugby and even worse nothing for WA. And woman dont make better leaders. Especially ones that dont have any say or influence to change policy or bring anything new to the board to change the direction of the sport for the better. I personally dont like John O'neil but I have 10x more respect for him than Raelene. Can you tell me the last time O'Neil or Flowers hid behind their Chairman? If woman are such "better" leaders and Raelene was such a good CEO she should be able to convince the largest number of female representation on an RA board in their entire history and then she would only need a few of the men to get on board to have a majority vote and say and get things done. But she cant because even the woman on her board dont seem to respect her enough to change anything RA are doing for the better. The sport has been in terminal decline since she came onboard.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Flowers also had an open tender which allowed the Force to enter in to Super Rugby.

Agreed that they don’t make better leaders the Palaschuk Government in Qld case in point. Jackie Trad the Deputy Premier has dominated her and got in to trouble recently. A strong leader would have pushed for Trad to resign.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    The good old “I’m not sexist, BUT...”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    ... The sport has been in terminal decline since she came onboard.
    The ARU was in decline before Castle came on board. She hasn't had much (any?) success in turning it around, though.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Bledisloe Season: Right on cue Campo has his mandatory attention deficit episode; and as usual gives the kiwi press plenty of ammo just before Eden Park. Fuggen moron.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...14-p564zc.html

Last edited by shasta; 14-10-20 at 14:05.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Bledisloe Season: Right on cue Campo has his mandatory attention deficit episode; and as usual gives the kiwi press plenty of ammo just before Eden Park. Fuggen moron.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...14-p564zc.html
    Good on Campo for stirring the Kiwi pot. In his day, players like him, Kearns, NFJ, Lynagh, Eales etc were not timid in front of the ABs. Those glorious days in the 1990's and early 2000s will come again.
    The Kiwi administration have certainly started the pot stirring, by saying only 3 Aussie Super sides need to apply to play against their Super duper stars

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Good on Campo for stirring the Kiwi pot. In his day, players like him, Kearns, NFJ, Lynagh, Eales etc were not timid in front of the ABs. Those glorious days in the 1990's and early 2000s will come again.
    The Kiwi administration have certainly started the pot stirring, by saying only 3 Aussie Super sides need to apply to play against their Super duper stars
    When the Wallabies get back to playing with the resilience of the teams those players represented in maybe. But even then the AB's have always had the edge over the years. Until the Wobblies can consistently compete with them, it's just frivolous bullshit. Talk is cheap and one draw is just that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    When the Wallabies get back to playing with the resilience of the teams those players represented in maybe. But even then the AB's have always had the edge over the years. Until the Wobblies can consistently compete with them, it's just frivolous bullshit. Talk is cheap and one draw is just that.
    Shasta, you must have missed the story on Rugby.com one (almost) swallow apparently DOES REALLY make a summer!

Aussie rugby is saved because we almost but not quite broke an 18 (or something) year hoodoo!

oh also, Aussie rugby CAN compete on a level playing field with New Zealand rugby, because we can draw with them once, they should apparently try to be a little more humble since we've now proven we're their equal and so on and so on.

It was a good performance, but let's leave the hubris until they've backed it up!

C'mon the

vCash
    Trying to get approval for new shed and dealing with the Council is the most painful process I've ever experienced and I've had a stroke.

Starting to think the crazy bloke that sat in his tree for 3 months about 10 years ago was on the money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Trying to get approval for new shed and dealing with the Council is the most painful process I've ever experienced and I've had a stroke.

Starting to think the crazy bloke that sat in his tree for 3 months about 10 years ago was on the money.
    We have the same issues with the City of Busselton, yet one of our neighbours has 3 dwellings on his property..Must have got it approved when he was on the council

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper1 View Post
    We have the same issues with the City of Busselton, yet one of our neighbours has 3 dwellings on his property..Must have got it approved when he was on the council
    "Rules for thee, not for me"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    "Rules for thee, not for me"
    Welcome to all branches of Government Jargs

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151