Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanneroo V Kalamunda

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll hopefully be at Rugby Park for the final next week too! WOnder if teh RugbyWA members tent will be up this year....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    is wannaroo v kala the grandfinal?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Sure is for 1sts

vCash
    Not sure about the members tent coach but we'll be having a merch van over at the ground.

Come hang out with us.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    merchandise van gonna be where the cool kids hang out Jess?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    that's where i be hanging. can't wait for my 2nd ever club rugby game. i am ashamed, but it should be a great day.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    It was 42 to 23 and only 7 of Neddies' points were scored by the ref

No pleasing some folk is there - their team wins big, gets into The Big One and they still are unsatisfied with the ref! The ref appointments aren't announced until Wednesday, but I'd suggest you get used to the one you had today.....
    And those seven points were hardly a surprise -- Harry Cogin was running down the sideline with Garth Ziegler and another player inside him, and Wanneroo fullback Troy Doughty was the only defender in sight. The only remote chance of that not being a try was if Ziegler had knocked the ball on. Unfortunately he didn't get the chance as Doughty knocked the ball down before it got to him. He wasn't going for the intercept (very hard to catch a ball with one hand) and I doubt the intercept was even possible. His only possible action was a foul, and that's a penalty try. Penalty tries are always controversial and I don't like them when they're used "super penalties" but I think Lindsay called it right. It didn't make any difference to the result, other than giving the Roo-dogs even more motivation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd View Post
    And those seven points were hardly a surprise -- Harry Cogin was running down the sideline with Garth Ziegler and another player inside him, and Wanneroo fullback Troy Doughty was the only defender in sight. The only remote chance of that not being a try was if Ziegler had knocked the ball on. Unfortunately he didn't get the chance as Doughty knocked the ball down before it got to him. He wasn't going for the intercept (very hard to catch a ball with one hand) and I doubt the intercept was even possible. His only possible action was a foul, and that's a penalty try. Penalty tries are always controversial and I don't like them when they're used "super penalties" but I think Lindsay called it right. It didn't make any difference to the result, other than giving the Roo-dogs even more motivation.
    But it did happen on the 22 metre line. It made for a good way to make fun of the ref anyway. For the rest of the game "Penalty try" calls were coming from the Wanneroo supporters for anything, no matter where it happened on the field.

The boy passed and Troy reached out to catch it with one hand and knocked it into touch, should have been a scrum or a lineout depending what the touchy saw. There was NO deliberate knocking the ball down action. Thats my opinion anyway and it doesn't matter at all anyway because were in the final regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post

Neddies did hold out under bizzare odds of having 13 on the field at one stage to beat West 13 to 12 in second grade so at least their first grade players can stock the team next week. Which I also think was the score at half time.
    There is an rule in the club comp that prevents first grade players from playing for lower grade treams in finals so the chance of Neddies doing that is slim

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Geez Piet, have Perth had two teams in the finals so rarely they have no experience in rigging the team sheets?

I'll tell you how it's done. It was explained to me by a former secretary of {insert name of any club but Perth and Palmyra here}.

1.When it becomes almost certain that your first and second grade will be in the finals only enter actual players in the higher grade teamsheet if they are well known. Otherwise put in the names of players from teams that won't make the finals in the first grade team sheet.

2.Always check to ensure Rick Boyd won't be reporting that particular grade. There is only a one in five chance that he will. Being from Perth you could always drum him as to who's names not to include in the press report anyway. I'm sure he will come relatively cheap for you, being an old Perth boy.

3.Leave at least two spots in the teamsheet blank until the game is over. In the event of serious injury or yellow card/sendoff put the correct name of the player in that spot. It doesn't matter if it is out of position. Believe me, the Union officials entering the records aint that smart or knowledgeable. And in any event, so what, you can plead the assistant manager made a mistake.

4.Always ensure that the lower grade player who's name you place on the first grade teamsheet is not entered in the teamsheet of a grade that is playing at the same time as firsts (usually fourth grade).

5.Make sure you never, NEVER, give the teamsheet to a union official immediately after the game if they demand it. You don't have to under the rules, and your registrar needs the opportunity to doctor the sheet in case you have made a stuff up.

6.Remember that anyone who has played three games for your club is eligible to play first grade in the finals. Anyone who has played three games or more for your club is eligible to play for second grade provided the majority of the games he has played are in second grade or lower. Ensuring that this is what your team sheets reveal is the secret, and what the above points are designed towards ensuring.

7.With a little practice, and with a secretary/registrar who prepares each and all of the team sheets at least two weeks in advance of the games, there is no reason why all of your first and second grade players (barring, as I said before, your well recognised "name" players) can't be made eligible in theory to play in the sixth grade finals. It just depends on how desperately you want to win.

Now you know.

Hope all this helps.

Or at the very least, reveals the bullshit and hipocrisy that passes for player team eligibility in this competition.

vCash
    6. Now six games for the season and the last three of the season at that grade or lower but not higher.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Better get that paperwork back Frank.

vCash
    Oh yes, TQ1, I forgot.

That was the Wests Subiaco "import a failed Sydney team for the last few games and the finals" clause inserted a few years back. My apologies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    2.Always check to ensure Rick Boyd won't be reporting that particular grade. There is only a one in five chance that he will. Being from Perth you could always drum him as to who's names not to include in the press report anyway. I'm sure he will come relatively cheap for you, being an old Perth boy.
    I'm shocked and distressed that you would imply that club officials would offend in this manner, Frank. Although if hypothetically it did happen, it could hypothetically play havoc with club officials keeping records of players' match appearances so that when they reached their hypothetical milestone games, it would be pure guesswork as to how many ACTUAL games they had hypothetically played.

Anyway, fiddling team sheets is playing with fire these days. If a player gets injured and he's not on the sheet, the insurance fallout could lead to major litigation (you know litigation, Frank) and a club could be bankrupted as a result.

But as to match reports, I always check with team managers after the game who scored points or played themselves into desptaches so that my report matches the team sheets (which is mainly to help out my alcohol-befuddled memory and the spelling of nineteen-syllable polynesian names). Although I did report Cameron Sinden as scoring a try last weekend when it appears to have been Ren Delberto, so you can't win them all. I hope neither of them were planning on playing second grade next weekend.

vCash
    Rick the injury/litigation situation is covered in para 3 of my earlier post!

As to milestone games, it is not only corner shops that keep two sets of books, as Exile could probably confirm.

Quite seriously though, the current eligibility system is open to widespread abuse, and I was trying to highlight some of the ways in which it can and does happen.

You are right about the injury situation, but clubs desperate for success, with ruthless (and stupid) administrators, will always take the risk.

Maybe, especially with the recent complication of Force "guest" players being added to the equation, the whole eligibility system needs to be renewed from scratch.

No I'm not volunteering. The Union pays people to do these things.

Sorry for causing you angst!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast