Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A PROPER RECTANGULAR STADIUM!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

A PROPER RECTANGULAR STADIUM!!!

How do you get a government to change its mind on something?

Well contrary to popular opinion it’s not throwing them out of government….its the fear of them THINKING they will be thrown out of government.

Let’s look at the current state of seats in the WA Legislative Assembly

Labor 32
    The Rest 25

That’s a majority to the Labor Government of 7.

So what needs to happen for them to lose government?
    4 seats

That would make

The Rest 29
    Labor 28

So if we look at the last lot of election results, and bear in mind that the electoral boundaries are being changed at present, but you will get the idea of how close to NOT having a seat are 5 Metropolitan Labor members.

Joondalup – O’Gorman ALP joondalup@mp.wa.gov.au
    Won the seat by 1468 votes on a 2 party preferred basis

Kingsley – Hughes ALP judy.hughes@mp.wa.gov.au
    Won the seat by 383 votes on a 2 party preferred basis

Mindarie – Quigley ALP john.quigley@mp.wa.gov.au
    Won the seat by 1703 votes on a 2 party preferred basis

Riverton – McRae ALP tony.mcrae@mp.wa.gov.au
    Won the seat by 847 votes on a 2 party preferred basis

Swan Hills – Radisich ALP swanhills@mp.wa.gov.au
    Won the seat by 1824 votes on a 2 party preferred basis

So if each of those Members were to get emails from anywhere between 200-1000 people saying they would change their voting intentions over their stance on a PROPER RECTANGULAR STADIUM then they would sit up and take notice.

While you are emailing you may as well send a copy to the relevant Minister Kobelke
    john.kobelke@mp.wa.gov.au

and one to the Premier

alan.carpenter@mp.wa.gov.au

And what to say? Keep it simple.

“I urge the Government to immediately proceed with the construction of a PROPER RECTANGULAR STADIUM as per recommendation 4 of the Stadium Taskforce.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Gerry for Prime Minister

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Since when has Kobelke ever been relevant???

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    Since when has Kobelke ever been relevant???
    being our minister for sport and rec

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Need I say more?????

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    nice gerry, but why do you think the others will give us our staduim?

i might send a few of them a friendly email about a rectangular stadium

and if that doesnt work i`ll send threatening emails.

vCash
    my work here is done.

Senior Player
    vCash
    The problem is Gerry at the current rate they will lose more seats then that and the Nationals do not want to form a coalition with the Liberal Party and a hung parliament is really ineffective.

Also the Liberal Party and its approval ratings are so low, even with all the drama's of the State Labor Party.

However doing nothing is not an option, keeping pressure on them may work. But I think the Labor Government are comfortable in knowing that their lead is so big, that they can ignore the demands of a few Rugby supporters, knowing that very few Liberal supporters actually like thier leader (around 30%).

If Omodei maintains leadership, it will take more then a few Rugby supporters demanding a stadium before the State Government feels it is neccessary to listen to us.

Saying that congrats for keeping it in the public viewings, it is going to be a very hard fight to win and I hope the Force realise how hard it is. Especially with the conventional media who have hopped off the bandwagon of public pressure.

It would just be good if the state election was this year rather then next, I would imagine that a State Election promise from both parties will be variant Stadium policies. I think we have to sit tight until the budget of next year, which should be a big spending one, considering it is an election year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan
    at the current rate they will lose more seats then that ........................................the Labor Government are comfortable in knowing that their lead is so big

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Egan, your thinking like a politics undergrad, not a rugby supporter...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    Need I say more?????
    ahh sorry.. bit slow this end

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I whole heartedly support Gerry's approach, but I think Egan is spot on the money politically.

Unfortunately the Rabid Looney Gazette (aka the West Australian) is torn between two competing editorial desires on this issue, to tear the throat out of the encumbent government on any pretext whatsoever on the one hand, and to provide maximum support to the WA Football Commission on whatever folly they pursue, on the other.

We are therefore not able to garner any meaningful support or comfort from them, even though their chief garbage collector, sorry, reporter, Mark Drummond, is a true blue rugby man.

Frankly, for the time being, I believe a new rugby stadium is a wood duck, and rugby would be better served getting a managing interest in Members Equity (shouldn't be too hard, soccer is going down the toilet financially and support wise the way I see it) and committing some of its own money, plus seeking funds from ARU and a more realistic financial contribution from the government.

Lets get real ,we only get one test here each year, and a done up 30,000 seat stadium will do us for now until the political climate changes.

Expecting anything more will only result in disappointment.

My two bobs worth.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I think you're probably on the money there too, Fulvio. An MES upgrade should do us fine I would think - that's all that was originally asked for. Leave the details to the concerned bodies - we can only do our best to help make sure it gets on the agenda, and stays on there till a resolution is reached...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    What a great idea T.G. The only flaw is the Libs are headless at the moment. Why don't you stand and the offer to lead the party. You would most certainly get my vote. But in order to do that, you would have to become a politician, which requires a very serious operation. Are you prepared to take the chance. Having a brain only 50% of the average would not appeal to everyone.
    Anyway I admire your sentiments

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    I whole heartedly support Gerry's approach, but I think Egan is spot on the money politically.

Unfortunately the Rabid Looney Gazette (aka the West Australian) is torn between two competing editorial desires on this issue, to tear the throat out of the encumbent government on any pretext whatsoever on the one hand, and to provide maximum support to the WA Football Commission on whatever folly they pursue, on the other.

We are therefore not able to garner any meaningful support or comfort from them, even though their chief garbage collector, sorry, reporter, Mark Drummond, is a true blue rugby man.

Frankly, for the time being, I believe a new rugby stadium is a wood duck, and rugby would be better served getting a managing interest in Members Equity (shouldn't be too hard, soccer is going down the toilet financially and support wise the way I see it) and committing some of its own money, plus seeking funds from ARU and a more realistic financial contribution from the government.

Lets get real ,we only get one test here each year, and a done up 30,000 seat stadium will do us for now until the political climate changes.

Expecting anything more will only result in disappointment.

My two bobs worth.

Your on the money Fulvio. Summed up beautifully.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast