Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who's got the balls?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Who's got the balls?

When you look at all the state electorates, what does Mindarie, Wanneroo, Mount Lawley, Southern River, Forrestfield, Joondalup, Jandakot, Swan Hills, Riverton, Ocean Reef, Darling Range and Kingsley all have in common?

Well, when you look at RugbyWA’s member’s map that was submitted to the Stadia Task Force it represents about 8,000 members of the Western Force.

Add to that the 1000's of past member's who refuse to go to watch the Rugby at Subiaco

And all of those seats are in the Governments “danger territory” to lose.

And if we are to believe all the commentators who say the mining boom is being staffed by expatriates’ of South Africa, England, New Zealand and the Eastern States then that is a hell of a lot of Rugby Supporters who know that you can’t fit a rectangle inside a circle and expect to be able to be close to the action.

So whatever party decide to scrap the idea of having a “multi purpose” stadia, stop pandering to the WA Football Commission and built statia that are fit for purpose will most likely get the bulk of those precious 8,000 plus votes.

So who has the balls now?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Wouldn't you like to get a hold of the EWF members e mail list? You could point out how Carpenter has listed "A new stadium" as one of his achievements on his TV ads. Maybe if they all then e mailed him about it he may have a little rethink.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Get the emails rolling to your local candidates.

Apprentice
    vCash

Warnbro Has A Voice...

Let any Government ignore the will of the people at it's own peril. The will of the rugby supporting voting public in Western Australia has been taken for granted for a long time. What a pity the Carpenter Government chose not to serve out their full term in office or we may have been able to run with some bumper sticker along the lines of "I Support the Western Force and I Vote".

Perhaps not an original line but the sentiment is there that the people of Western Australia deserve to have sporting facilities on a par with anywhere in the country if not the world. It would seem elementary that a square peg will not fit in a round hole but this lesson has apparently been forgotten by Labor's stadium boffins. Governments should be held accountable for the promises which they make and the September 6th election is an excellent forum to remind those currently in office of their failure to deliver what they said they would.

As the Liberal Candidate for Warnbro I am seeking a better deal for the people of this electorate. If the people of Warnbro decide that it is time for a change then I would consider it both an honour and a privilege to be able to take the concerns of the rugby community to Parliament.

The supporters of the Western Force deserve to be heard.

Regards,

Shane Bathgate
    Liberal Candidate for Warnbro

personal contact details:
    M: 0412 012 811
    E: smbathgate@aapt.net.au

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    So you are promising exactly what? More splendid rhetoric?

We don't need it. We need a commitment to a dedicated rectangular stadium to meet the needs of elite sport.

Now.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    So you are promising exactly what? More splendid rhetoric?

We don't need it. We need a commitment to a dedicated rectangular stadium to meet the needs of elite sport.

Now.
    I can understand your skepticism given the lack of action to date. I am not making any bold promises like my counterparts across the fence have already done. It is up to the public of Western Australia to decide who offers the best chance of securing a dedicated rectangular stadium. Who else is running in this election and has actually taken the time to sign up to this forum and respond directly to questions of the supporters? What I can offer is to show the respect due to you and if elected to represent these concerns in Parliament.

vCash
    it doesnt take alot of time to sign up.

What is the Liberal policy in regards to stadia in Western Australia? Election aint far off and we havent heard alot from your party?

I guess you won't promise what you won't deliver. Or will you make this issue a "non-core promise"

I havent seen alot of election coverage in the past few days but I dont remember the Labor side committing to a rectangular stadium
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneWarnbro View Post
    Let any Government ignore the will of the people at it's own peril.

The supporters of the Western Force deserve to be heard.

Regards,

Shane Bathgate
    Liberal Candidate for Warnbro
    Like I said last week when you first posted, what we need from the Liberal Party is a statement of their policy re the Stadium Taskforce recommendations. Carpenter is putting it up on TV as one of his "achievements", even though it's still only a promise at this stage.

Are the Liberals going to accept the Langoulant Commission's recommendations? Will they reconsider them? Or are they prepared to make good on the Gallop commitment to upgrade a dedicated rectangular stadium (ie Members Equity)?

Also sent by PM & e mail.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Tonight is the debate between Carpenter and Barnett, any chance of the staida issue cracking a mentiona dn getting some answers, because so far we have Labor with their poxy offer of a 'stadium' and Liberal with no offer whatsoever.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Like I said last week when you first posted, what we need from the Liberal Party is a statement of their policy re the Stadium Taskforce recommendations. Carpenter is putting it up on TV as one of his "achievements", even though it's still only a promise at this stage.

Are the Liberals going to accept the Langoulant Commission's recommendations? Will they reconsider them? Or are they prepared to make good on the Gallop commitment to upgrade a dedicated rectangular stadium (ie Members Equity)?

Also sent by PM & e mail.
    Hi Shasta,

I am in the process of getting an official response and will post it in full here on the forum. I will update this thread with the progress and do all that I can to raise the profile of this issue with the Liberal Party.

I tried to reply to your email address earlier but the message bounced back undeliverable.

Regards,

Shane Bathgate

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Thank you Shane,

I don't think we can ask for much more than that.

Appreciate it.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I would just like to point out that time isnt on youe side Shane so iwould be doing it ASAP

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Did/has/is anyone listening/watching the debate?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I've never seen any thing approaching a "debate" during these 'worm' shows ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast