Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Warnbro Electorate

vCash
    You could follow the lead of my grandmother, last year, in an effort to make sure the AEC people knew who she wanted to vote for, she managed to invalidate her vote about 3 times over. I think she started in filling preferences, but only for the people she sort of wanted to vote for rather than all of them, and then proceeded to write "I am voting for Pauline" all over the ballot.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    just put the number 1 in one of the boxes then put a coutple of 2's in two other boxes. The first vote will count and they will be unable to determine your 2nd preferance.

At least thats what i learned in Political and Legal studies
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I emailed John Castrilli our current Liberal sitting member in Bunbury regarding a few "promises" they have made down here aswell as the Liberal Parties policy on a dedicated rectangle stadium...

Well today i got a response from his media officer who stated

"And as for the sporting stadium, the Liberal position is coming and I will forward to you as soon as I get it."

Hopefully a announcement will come soon then before saturday would be good.

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    just put the number 1 in one of the boxes then put a coutple of 2's in two other boxes. The first vote will count and they will be unable to determine your 2nd preferance.

At least thats what i learned in Political and Legal studies
    Really? I'da that doing the above would be an invalid ballot and a wasted vote.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Same here Shas, BTW I still haven't recieved any clear guidance from Barry House about the upgrade to MES........stay tuned!

Shane, what time will you be at Koorana Polling place!

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Shane, what time will you be at Koorana Polling place!
    At this stage I am looking to get around to each polling booth in the electorate several times on the day. The phone will be running hot on the day but given a little notice I will make every effort to get down to Koorana at the same time.

Regards,

Shane Bathgate
    Liberal Candidate for Warnbro
    Mob: 0412 012 811

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Really? I'da that doing the above would be an invalid ballot and a wasted vote.
    Like i said that was what my Political and Legal studies teacher told us. I believe if you show clear intent for the first preferance it would count
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Like i said that was what my Political and Legal studies teacher told us. I believe if you show clear intent for the first preferance it would count
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Apparently if more than 2 squares are left blank on a LA ballot it is informal.

Looks like you could indicate at 1 for first preferences and then 2 for everyone else- first choice would count then the ballot would be exhausted.

So there you go boys and girls.... make your voice heard, unlike the people in those stupid ads that really make very little sense- I know what they're trying to say, but I reckon they're drawing a very long bow between compulary voting (with the commesurate fine if you don't) and falling victim to a bridezilla.

Stadiums... RAH!

Last edited by Swee_82; 03-09-08 at 16:40.

vCash
    Callan,

We got word today from the Shadow Minister for Sport and Rec that:

Because Alan Carpenter has called the election early, it’s been difficult to get all the information required to get accurate costings on the stadium project.

However, in general terms, the Liberals do support the upgrade of Members Equity Stadium to accommodate Western Force, Rugby Union and Perth Glory. And he also assured that the Liberals will work towards it and starting making investigations into costings if elected.

Kind Regards

Taryn Barrett

Research/media officer to John Castrilli MLA

Reply from John Castrilli PA regarding liberal policy on rectangle stadium

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4