Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Boks coach hammered for whitening team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Frolick made no attempt to hide the race issue and believes de Villiers is being driven by success in results rather than transformation. In Frolick's mind the 2008 Boks are relying too much on the World Cup winners shaped by the previous coach Jake White.
    I thought the coach's job was to win games. I would lay London to a brick that if he named a team with a perfect mix of racial backgrounds both on the field and on the bench but lost every game for three years he'd lose his job!

"This creates questions about where we are heading I know Peter wants to win the Tri-Nations but he must realise he will be measured according to his ability to transform the team and to make it representative of the country's population for the 2011 World Cup.
    If this is what this bloke belives, I'm glad he's not the coach of the Springboks. I don't want to watch South Africa's second and third best lineout jumpers getting beaten by the wallabies just because they're black, I'd rather watch South Africa's best fifteen take us on and expend all this wasted energy on development and marketing programs to help black athletes become the best in the country.

Let's face it, I don't want to sound racist, but look at most sports around the world. There is a high percentage of Black sports stars, surely they don't need the bar lowered in this area?

"It's not all about transformation but it (transformation) is an important part of it. Not one black player has let South Africa down this year."

They all looked pretty crap on Saturday night and there were some black ones on then. It was pretty much the same in Perth, they were woeful, nobody complained about how few black players they had on that night!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    this is why the old issues that were around during apatheid wont die.
    because people keep bringing them up!!!!!!

i mean FFS. i personally wouldnt care of all the wallabies were aboriginal. as long as they won games!
    would anyone else here?

vCash
    im sorry to have to say this but i think i may just go for the wallabies on saturday night...

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    why are you sorry!?

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    because im going against my team

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    this is why the old issues that were around during apatheid wont die.
    because people keep bringing them up!!!!!!

i mean FFS. i personally wouldnt care of all the wallabies were aboriginal. as long as they won games!
    would anyone else here?
    I wouldn't.

This is just apartheid in reverse and it's a joke.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    i hate it

BOKKE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I wouldn't.

This is just apartheid in reverse and it's a joke.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    everyone wants their turn. even at the expence of progress of a nation....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    i hate it
    As a saffer supporter you should. I know i pay out the saffers alot, but this is just stupid. The coach should be able to pick the best 22 in the land regardless of race, religion etc. Instead the government leans on them to "transform" the team. It shouldn't matter whether a player is black or white, all this does is re-enforce the divisions in South African society. Does the government really think that by forcing the Coach to select black players that government will be helping the nation get over the past?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    As a saffer supporter you should. I know i pay out the saffers alot, but this is just stupid. The coach should be able to pick the best 22 in the land regardless of race, religion etc. Instead the government leans on them to "transform" the team. It shouldn't matter whether a player is black or white, all this does is re-enforce the divisions in South African society. Does the government really think that by forcing the Coach to select black players that government will be helping the nation get over the past?
    agreed...but u dont see the government worrying about super 14...they dont care if the team is all white..they only care about there national team..the country is also represented during super 14 aswell not just the springboks
    its a stupid what they are doing to the sport

BOKKE

vCash
    i'm pretty sure the super 14 coaches get leaned on as well to ensure coloured players progress to Super 14, after all if their not playing at Super 14 level how will they get their "quota" at international level?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    dont have a clue....but the bok coach now hasnt even coached a big team or even a super 14 team...but they choose him for his colour..like they do the rest of the team
    which should not be happening from my point of view

BOKKE

vCash
    I thought this was common knowledge? The race quotas have been around since the 2000 season of the Currie Cup. There had to be a minimum of two black players on the field at any one time and at least three in the team. This all started when Thabo Mbeki came into power.

Its only last year and up until now that the Springboks have been faced with the same thing. Blacks make up 80% of the population but only a minor percentage of players in the national side. The government don't believe it is a positive reflection of society in South Africa hence the decision to include more black player in the Springboks.

As long as the best players get picked is all I can say, couldn't care if the whole team was black as long as they fronted up in a springbok jumper and didn't get picked because of a skin colour. I want the best team to be playing against other national teams or how is it a good victory if you weren't facing the best the country had to offer.

Australia's win over the French earlier this year can't be celebrated because it wasn't any where near the best side they could send down here. The world cup is so important because barring injuries you know it is the best side the country can field.

vCash
    funny you don't see the token white in Bafana Bafana...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    funny you don't see the token white in Bafana Bafana...
    Exactly

Any attempt to institute this "transformation" rubbish in Soccer (regardless of the make up of the team) would be seen by FIFA as government interferance and the saffer soccer team would be suspended from all competition by FIFA
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jargan83; 18-08-08 at 22:05.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4