Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: WNC in the News

vCash
    I guess train lines are good for the economy, especially with rising fuel costs, but when the ones that already exist are dodgy ie. the armadale line, i think they should start there and improve them first.

The hospital is a great way to spend some of the state's money, but for me it seems too little too late. The plans to bash down hospitals and build new ones, yer sure they will have better facilities etc, but I remeber reading in the paper there will still be roughly the same number of beds available, they will just be in a different building in a different suburb.
    The best way to spend the money is not on hospitals but on prevention of the illnesses that place people in hospital in the first place. Obviously some things cant be prevented but there is a whole lot that can be done to reduce the need for hospitals in the first place. (i spent 3 hours listening learning about the world leading causes od death and illness today, so I count this as my study while I'm at it)

The ferris wheel is the biggest waste of money, alongside the bell tower. Yer sure the bells have a history and they're kind of famous but people don't come to Perth to see it, more often than not they don't even know about it!
    If they really want something to spend money on that will bring people to Perth, build a first class rugby stadium, with corners and everyting. Not only will it raise the profile of rugby (and other sports played on rectangular fields) in this state, it will make our town somewhere that other teams want to play. I know that New Zealand don't want to come to Perth and I'm sure they aren't the only ones. GET CORNERS MR PREMIER!!!! It's the way of the future...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    but there ARE plenty of votes in building a PROPER RECTANGULAR STADIUM for Rugby!
    But are there enough in each electorate??

I imagine that won't be the most pressing matter for most of the people in the state. We all know what the Labor policy in stadia in this state is so therefore the only thing I can see us getting our way would be for the Liberal party to win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    Bell Tower Maybe?
    Well it was here before I moved here, so it doesn't count

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Can't argue with spending on rail transport. It's for the future. What I can't understand though, is why the linking of the southern railway to Thornlie is not a priority. People might actually us it to get to work in the industrial areas and they might get some traffic off the roads. That was the original route planned by the Libs and while as a stand alone option it was not right, it's a logical next step for mine. Must be no votes in it.
    Unfortunately going that way would have added 20ish minutes to the trip and the level crossings at between William St in Beckenham and the city would have been down for 26 minutes every HALF hour
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Well it was here before I moved here, so it doesn't count
    Thats a monument to Richard Court, former recent Premier of WA. Organised to be built by...Richard Court.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3