Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE SIGN JOSH VALENTINE

vCash

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE SIGN JOSH VALENTINE

The Emirates Western Force has recruited former Waratahs and Reds scrumhalf Josh Valentine on a one year contract.

Valentine joins the WA side for the 2009 seasonreadyto challenge for the starting Number 9 jersey after winning his 50th Super Rugby cap this year in his second season with the Waratahs.

After spending four seasons with the Reds, Valentine was signed by the Waratahs for the 2007 season where he made 11 appearances, before adding a further two caps in 2008.

A former Australian Schoolboys captain, the Singleton-raised scrumhalf recovered from a serious knee injury to record his Test debut for the Wallabies in 2006.

Each of his four career Test appearances came in that year, after his debut against England at ANZ Stadium.

The Narrabeen Sports High School product said he hopes to resurrect his representative career, but knows there is tough competition for the starting job at the Emirates Western Force.

“I’d love to play more Tests for Australia and that remains a big goal, but there’s a lot of work to do before I think about that,” said Valentine.

“My immediate goal is to win the starting job for the Western Force and hopefully play some really good consistent rugby next year,” he said.

“There is plenty of competition in the halfback position at the Force with Chris O’Young and Justin Turner but I’ll do my best to put my name up there during the pre-season and take it from there.”

Valentine said he was looking forward to re-uniting with former housemate Drew Mitchell.

“Drew and I were roomies when we were in Queensland so I’m looking forward to playing with him again, as well as ‘Sharpie’ and ‘Gits’ and the other boys,” he said.

“It’s a talented squad and a great coaching staff and I’m very much looking forward to getting over to Perth and making the most of my opportunities,” said the 25 year old.

RugbyWA General Manager, Rugby, Mitch Hardy, said Valentine is a key acquisition for the WA side.

“We’ve been talking to Josh for some time about coming across to Perth and we’re delighted to announce that we’ve secured his signature for the 2009 season,” said Hardy.

“Josh is an outstanding scrumhalf with experience at the highest level and we believe he’ll slot into our playing group nicely and become a key player for us next season.”

Valentine will join the Emirates Western Force in Perth prior to the commencement of 2009 pre-season training on October 6.
    More...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash

FORCE SIGN JOSH VALENTINE!!!!

RugbyWA | EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE SIGN JOSH VALENTINE

Saw this one coming. He's a very classy player, who was very unlucky that a young chap called Luke got traded into the Waratahs.

vCash
    finally!!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Player
    vCash
    was this really not official until just now?

vCash
    good luck to him, hope he gets back on track, was a waisted couple of years at the TAHS! but does bring a winning culture with him!

vCash
    What is going on wj Did GTT close down

vCash
    nah, GTT is gong well, its just over run by twf people so i thought i would come here!

vCash
    Stannard out , o"young stays

vCash
    stannards going to Sydney

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    What is happening with Stannard ?

Hope Josh settles in well - sounds like he's the starter for next year

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Stannard is leaving the Force

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    yeah...sadly stannards going....hes moving to sydney i think

BOKKE

vCash
    Worst kept secret in the business.

I'm not a happy camper. But I think I've made my views on the subject pretty clear in previous posts so no need to repeat myself.

I'll still support Josh as I do all the Force boys. Just going to be slightly bitter for a while yet.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    agreed

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Valentine said he was looking forward to reuniting with former housemate Drew Mitchell.

"Drew and I were roomies when we were in Queensland so I'm looking forward to playing with him again, as well as Sharpie (Nathan Sharpe) and Gits (Matt Giteau) and the other boys,'' he said.

"It's a talented squad and a great coaching staff, and I'm very much looking forward to getting over to Perth and making the most of my opportunities.''

more from the Sunday Times...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast