Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Channel 7 has its standards but rugby's not in it.

Champion
    vCash

Channel 7 has its standards but rugby's not in it.

FURIOUS viewers have bombarded Channel 7 with complaints after its decision to broadcast an AFL match over prime Olympic events featuring Australian medal hopes.

After boasting of record ratings after Friday's Opening Ceremony in Beijing, the official network dumped its Olympic coverage for an AFL match between Adelaide and Melbourne club Richmond.

More here......

Viewers outraged as Channel Seven dumps Olympic coverage for AFL match | FoxSports - Fox Sports

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    My point is that we the West Australian's have to watch some shitty game of GAYFL between two non "WA" teams participating instead of a national team competting on a world scale...

and then they can't show a game of rugby between argually the biggest rugby game on the calendar season (the blediesoe) live. because we need to watch "bed knobs and broomsticks" movie

Once again I bring it up there one eyed on the game they play in Australia Only, instead of sport played in around the world. When is Channel 7 going to open up and see that its not just AFL in Australia.

They have screwed australia fans eyes with Rugby Union, Motor Sport, Tennis, and now the olympics.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the game broadcast here was Eagles vs Essendon, so I guess WA people would be interested in that, kinda, maybe.... I'm not sure what coverage of the Olympics was missed here, since it was on a bit later than the Adelaide vs Richmond game- though I did remember hearing when they were throwing to AFL coverage in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide... I'll bet NSW and QLD were real thrilled about that!
    Explains why the coverage of the water polo was a 90-second highlight package though.

Champion
    vCash
    My error if this was the case, Swee.. Sorry all !!

vCash
    Benny, you're not far wrong in all the other points you made, most sports have been screwed over by Ch7 at some point, except the protected species that is AFL. Even if the Eagles game was popular in Perth, like I said, you can imagine how well Adelaide vs Richmond went down in Sydney!

vCash
    it would have gone down about as well as japanese midget submarine in the harbour. You have hit the nail on the head, channel 7 has screwed every other sport for its AFL coverage. For the AFL to think it's bigger then the worlds biggest sporting even smacks of total arrogance on previously only displayed by movie supervillans and the federal liberal party.

Surely even a big part of the population of Perth couldn't care less about the AFL yesterday??

(i think the water polo was on SBS yesterday arvo)
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    . For the AFL to think it's bigger then the worlds biggest sporting even smacks of total arrogance on previously only displayed by movie supervillans and the federal liberal party.

Posted via Mobile Device
    I think carps deserves a spot on that list too...

BTW Jargs, you got praise becasue I accidently hit 'praise' instead of quote...and I feel mean withdrawing it jsut cos I screwed up...

vCash
    i agree, actually add the entire WA Labor party.

(i can't see praise/smite on my mobile, but now i know about it hehehe )
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    poll on perthnow the Olympic bit 75% of people disappointed that Weagles game shown live - admittly on the Olympic page but still...

The coverage of the gymnastics was shocking (only 10 mins of the 4 rotations and only showed 1 of the Aus Medal contenders !) - there are 2 WA girls who were serious gold medal contenders.

Hope heaps of people complain I'm over the whole thou shalt worship the Weagles thing - really puts me of them and I'm sure they have far more entertainment value than that !

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Agree with everyone!! My wife loves her equestrian events but the idiots at Channel7 had the bottom of the table WEAGLES on. Lots of swearing in my household.
    One tin arse win and they think they are gonna make the finals???? The Force still have had more wins this year!!!!!!!!!!

ALL BLACKS - STRENGTH OF 15

vCash
    Yesterdays Weagles coverage was disgracefull seeing as the game was being shown 15 minutes ahead on fox. And when they get back to the Olympics they show the last 20 minutes of Australia v Argentina, one of the biggest events of this Olympics, when they showed it we were drawed 0-0. Imagine if they showed the full game, even delayed how much of a spectacle it would have been. But alas the Argentines finally broke through in the 71st minute and the tension and spectacle of the game never got a chance to build up. Absolutely disgraceful, I'm sure they will show all hours of ribbon twirling though.

vCash
    I like the way they showed the AFL on 7, 70, 71, 72 and 73.

I'm still kind of stumped why they have 5 channells and show the same crap on all of them..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Yesterdays Weagles coverage was disgracefull seeing as the game was being shown 15 minutes ahead on fox. And when they get back to the Olympics they show the last 20 minutes of Australia v Argentina, one of the biggest events of this Olympics, when they showed it we were drawed 0-0. Imagine if they showed the full game, even delayed how much of a spectacle it would have been. But alas the Argentines finally broke through in the 71st minute and the tension and spectacle of the game never got a chance to build up. Absolutely disgraceful, I'm sure they will show all hours of ribbon twirling though.
    BLR is they show more than 15 mins of ribbon twirling (and we were expecting a Gold there courtesty of Daria Joura ) I'ill buy u a pint - ps the soccer was ok - not to many oscars - once every 4 years - Jeez how much effort is that

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I like the way they showed the AFL on 7, 70, 71, 72 and 73.

I'm still kind of stumped why they have 5 channells and show the same crap on all of them..
    They'll probably come up with some excuse that they aren't allowed to show it on the other channels before they show it on the main channel. And instead of asking the government to change the rule, better to just not show it.

vCash
    I'm just glad that SBS is letting me watch the volleyball this time around after the abomination that was 7's Athens coverage (I'm a huge fan - watching China vs Poland now!)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast