Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force pick up classy scrum-half

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turban View Post
    Sorry I only just found this thread!

I didn't call you disloyal and I don't recall mentioning playing in Bunbury. I am a pally boy. Simple thing is we paid for him to come over and organised his living arrangements and club fees. The up side is our club is reviewing the way it recruits players and will hopefully not be bringing in any players in the future who are looking to leave our club the first time a mate says "hey look how green the grass is over there".
    I think you mentioned it in a thread about Sharpie, i think you said he wouldn't get a run with the Bunbury under somethings, i wasn't sure whether you were from Bunbury or just using the example.

Obviously you have strong feelings about it and your entitled to and i don't have a beef with that and apologise to you again.

I was just illustrating the fact that loyalty isn't as common as it used to be. I am a mungos follower as well and i follow the club involved in the lastest defection to France. I probably feel the same way when the name Gasnier is mentioned to what you did when chucky did a runner. But thats none of my business, as i stated above.

Hopefully i will be down at Tompkins on Saturday again watching Palmyra and hopefully you boys pick up a win
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    One of the biggest pleasures I have ever had in being a part of TWF was after Chuckys first start, to send a PM to his Dad, who is a member to congratulate him on such a great game, and to bet how proud he must have felt watching the game.

I am disappointed that he wont be here next year. But, as a great man once said

"In John, we trust."

John Mitchell knows what he is doing - he brought together a team apparently made up of Queensland "B" and others from around Australia and overseas that could never do anything is SuperRugby.

I believe that John Mitchell has put together a great team and attracted the greatest fans in Australia. When he makes a selection whether for the run on side or the squad we have to believe he has our best interests at heart.

John Mitchell obviously sees something in Josh Valentine that the rest of us don't, I think he is (just) a little bit better qualified than the rest of us to make that determination.

To Chuckie I say thank you for all that you have done for the Force. I wish you all the best with your future, where ever it may be.

To Josh Valentine I say welcome and may your future with the Force be a great one.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Gosh did not know Yak had re-signed

vCash
    there isnt any mention of him being released from his contract or anything yet.
    that in itself is another question.
    will we see stannard playing in the backline somewhere else in 09?

vCash
    i doubt it. he's not super 14 quality as a flyhalf or fullback. and dont quite see him as a centre.

Like what Exile said, i trust John Mitchell did whats best for the club. In this business, we look to win. If loyalty is first priority, then we'll never make the finals.

Anyway, didnt Chucky only come in 2006 to play for Pally? If thats the case, why are u getting so worked up? he came in to try for the force from the NSW, he got lucky but didnt manage to maintain it. He's not even a WA person. If someone like Dane H-P or JT or Barry Mansfield got kick out, then we can start talking about loyalty cos these guys have been WA schools developed all the way.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Gotheforce, BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Gotheforce, BS.
    What do Banana sandwiches have to do with anything? I assume that's what you meant.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    Anyway, didnt Chucky only come in 2006 to play for Pally? If thats the case, why are u getting so worked up? he came in to try for the force from the NSW, he got lucky but didnt manage to maintain it. He's not even a WA person. If someone like Dane H-P or JT or Barry Mansfield got kick out, then we can start talking about loyalty cos these guys have been WA schools developed all the way.
    because he played club rugby worked his ass off to establish himself
    and he's from QLD not NSW

Apprentice
    vCash
    i agree with jess FS
    we all know what you mean about 'loyalty'
    you must ask yourself the question as to why so many players are 'disloyal' so often.....

vCash
    sometimes youve got to separate your support from the team, and look it from the coaches/directors/admistrators point of view, they are going to offer players contracts that will benefit the organization on the pitch, and thats where it matters, to all players its a job ( a great one at that!) if they aren't working here they'll be working else where, all players are fully aware of the lenghts of their contracts when they sign them..........

vCash
    I think James's manager has a lot to answer for.

Chirs O's did the right thing by securing a several year contract and the Force can't afford to pay 3 first class half backs and can't afford to pay out Chris O's contract and so sadly they had no choice but to not offer James a new contract.

It's business and maybe if Chuckie's manager had of been a bit more proactive he could have organised a bit more security for him.

Business is business at the end of the day. Just all such a shame when such good people get overlooked.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I think James's manager has a lot to answer for.
    jess youre spot on there!!!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Jess;154328]I think James's manager has a lot to answer for.

Chirs O's did the right thing by securing a several year contract and the Force can't afford to pay 3 first class half backs and can't afford to pay out Chris O's contract and so sadly they had no choice but to not offer James a new contract.

It's business and maybe if Chuckie's manager had of been a bit more proactive he could have organised a bit more security for him.

Business is business at the end of the day. Just all such a shame when such good people get overlooked. [/QUO

how do you know it was the managers fault?

vCash
    I know a bit about the whole thing BDGF.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Is it not the manager's job to look after the player's best interests?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast