Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force pick up classy scrum-half

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    What accusations?

Someone told me he had left town.Thats all I said. That information was wrong. I acknowledged it.

I said the Force did not give him the loyalty he deserved after his efforts on their behalf. I still believe that.

What's your problem?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm a bit late to be buying into all this bizzo, but unfortunately for Chucky (and Lachie) this is pretty much the lot of a professional sportsman- there's always a chance someone else (dare I say someone better*) will come along. To use a well-worn analogy, SCG MacGill would have been a walk-up starter in any cricket team, he just had the supreme misfortune to spend his whole career basically playing in the shadow of SK Warne. Sucks but that's professional sport. Loyalty is pretty much a foreign concept to all business these days, sport is no exception.
    I have alot of respect for what Chucky had to do at the start of the season- stepping up to fill Henner's shoes (and I remember him taking on Ali Williams- that was great)

I wish all the best for Chucky and hope his next move is enjoyable and rewarding for him.

* Not having seen much of Valentine, don't know how well this statement applies, though the representative pedigree suggests he's got some talent- my thoughts here are being tempered by being 3rd string at the Tahs ATM)

vCash
    I'm not going to argue with a lawyer FS. That's just not wise on my behalf.

But I know what you were suggesting with the loyalty comments. So please don't insult my intelligence by playing dumb.

Lets just put all the past nonsense behind us and feel sorry for James and thank him for his efforts.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    I suggest you all chill out and have a pint.

vCash
    I'm chilled.

vCash
    Make it a pint of lemon lime bitters and vodka and you got yourself a deal.

I made Happy sad...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Just can't get past the feeling that Valentine is about as good as he is going to get - for whatever reason, that has him number 3 at the Tahs. Stannard on the other hand has all the potential, but whether it will be enough...?

Still, at worst he came here, got and took the chance and now has the opportunity to continue playing professionally overseas. All the best to him if so, and fingers crossed that it turns out to be a really good move.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    The lack of loyalty shown must be excruciatingly painful and foreign to Stannard.
    Painful maybe, but he's not stranger to disloyalty (is that a word?) he left the club that got him into the Force in the first place.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    people change clubs all the time in every sport at every level, whether it be for personal or financial reasons. Sure you might get stuck into any "traitors" when you play them next, but you leave that on the field and have a beer or a powerade or whatever after the game. I am not involved with grassroots Rugby a whole lot, but it's the same across all sports. Don't bring the hate.

Best of luck Chucky for the future
    Posted via Mobile Device
    You do realise Paly bought him over to Perth and set him up on their dime. They got the minor prem. and he got into the Force. He then left the club.

I can get over his mates leaving pally, they had no such obligations to the club that I'm aware of, but Stannard did and should have shown some loyalty instead of caving to peer pressure when his 'mates' told him to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turban View Post
    You do realise Paly bought him over to Perth and set him up on their dime. They got the minor prem. and he got into the Force. He then left the club.

I can get over his mates leaving pally, they had no such obligations to the club that I'm aware of, but Stannard did and should have shown some loyalty instead of caving to peer pressure when his 'mates' told him to.
    Not knowing either party i am not familiar with the exact circumstances to do with the whole scenario. Obviously Palymyra MAY be entitled to feel ripped off with the whole situation but i am not going to weigh in to that arguement, not being affiliated with either side it's none of my business, i'm fairly sure you mentioned something about getting a run for Bunbury in another thread a few weeks ago, so i don't see how it is any of your business either, if you are associated with Palmyra I offer an apology in advance. I am not sticking up for either party , but my comment was merely a broader observation of the sporting landscape and i stand by it. Players come to and leave clubs for all sorts of reasons, that is between the two parties. I wish loyalty were as common as it was 20-30 years ago but the fact is it isn't, at grassroots or professional level. I have seen many players at both levels get a chance at a club i play for or support then move on because a few of their mates move/ask them to come play at their club or at profesional level get a better pay offer. I have played all my senior Cricket at one club, i would be playing rugby if not for a back problem and a near fatal stroke. Don't question my loyalty, but theres no point questioning the loyalty of others, espeacially in this day and age, in most cases it is a thing of the past, which i find disappointing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Hey, let's move on. It's over.

vCash
    Hey, let's move on. It's over.
    I thought thats what i said last night??
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash
    Sorry I only just found this thread!

I didn't call you disloyal and I don't recall mentioning playing in Bunbury. I am a pally boy. Simple thing is we paid for him to come over and organised his living arrangements and club fees. The up side is our club is reviewing the way it recruits players and will hopefully not be bringing in any players in the future who are looking to leave our club the first time a mate says "hey look how green the grass is over there".

vCash
    Jargan, I think it was you who asked a while back what times the Glory train at Tompkins. If you ring Natasha at Tompkins on 93306010 she'll be able to tell you when as the times vary I think. Cheers.

vCash
    Jargan, I think it was you who asked a while back what times the Glory train at Tompkins. If you ring Natasha at Tompkins on 93306010 she'll be able to tell you when as the times vary I think. Cheers.
    It sure was, and i thank you for your efforts in following it up. Cheers mate
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast