Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Email sent to Channel 7 Perth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Quoting Growden does not help your cause on this site.

Unless you're trying to pull the piss.
    Compared to some of the 'journalists' in the UK Growden would be a highly skilled writer.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    That has what to do with my comment???

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    That has what to do with my comment???
    I can see why maybe he thinks Growden could possibly be a decent source.

vCash
    *decent sauce

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I can see why maybe he thinks Growden could possibly be a decent source.
    So???

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    So???
    Well how was he supposed to know that Growden is just about the devil incarnate?

vCash
    Well how was he supposed to know that Growden is just about the devil incarnate?
    Growden lacks the basic intelligence required to be the devil and bringer of the apocalypse.

Growden is just a twat
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    The Qantas Wallabies showdown with the All Blacks in the opening Bledisloe Cup Test at ANZ Stadium last Saturday night was the most viewed program on pay television this year – and the most watched Rugby match ever shown on Fox Sports.

An average 350,000 viewers nationwide followed the action as the Qantas Wallabies downed the All Blacks 34-19 to take a 1-nil lead in the four-game series.

While record pay TV figures were achieved, the Bledisloe Cup Test also emerged as the most watched program on free-to-air television in Sydney on Saturday via the Channel Seven coverage.

Seven’s telecast went live into Sydney and Brisbane and on delay into Perth, Melbourne and Adelaide.

On a five-city metro basis, the Test attracted 727,000 free-to-air viewers with 426,000 of them in Sydney and 216,000 in Brisbane.

In both cities, the first match of the Bledisloe Cup series was easily the most watched of the 12 Qantas Wallabies Tests – outside of Rugby World Cup – shown on free-to-air television over the past two seasons.

Together with regional and pay TV figures, the overall audience for the match was 1.445 million, with more than 1 million of them in NSW and Queensland.

“ARU is delighted to see television audiences on the rise,” said ARU Managing Director and CEO John O’Neill.

“What makes it even more pleasing is that we know massive numbers are also watching in pubs and clubs every time the Qantas Wallabies play – and they are numbers that do not go into the final figures.

“There are positive signs that on the field and with our TV ratings we are turning around what were, before this season, declining performances in both areas.”

Tony Sinclair, Director Fox Sports Channels, said: “It has been a fantastic year for Rugby on Fox Sports and Saturday night’s record ratings follow on from a great Super 14 season where audiences were up 26 percent on last year.

“The new laws, the performance of the Australian Super 14 teams and now the success of the Wallabies have all certainly contributed to this ratings result.”
    rugby.com.au | Record Fox Sports Viewing Numbers for Bledisloe Cup Test

vCash
    ratings are definately down....................sorry i made that in my head despite evidence to the contrary
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Weebie has been a member since July 2006. So he could look around and work out the general feeling about the Pie Man.

Posted via space

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
    I not trying to discredit the game i just feel that the game is a lot worse than it seems. We have won 2 games and everyone seems to be on the bandwagon of everything is alright when its not. With regards to Deans Anyone would of Beaten South Africa in Perth and New Zealand was a good victory but New Zealand have been poor for the last year a lot of teams I think its got a lot to do with their backline defence.

I know its off topic but these are my gripes with the game.

The Trinations draw is just w!nk!!! it has no integrity and teams that play the week before are severely disadvantaged. The Boks were losers before they went onto the pitch at Subi.
    Free to air coverage has been abysmal since 2004 and Interest has severely dropped also don't tell me ratings are on the increase....It will be interesting to see if channel seven renew the TV Deal.
    Watching Test matches has become a joke so many bullsh*t sides are fielded it including last year with South Africa.
    actually its 5 games in a row, i am extremely interested in how beating the two top teams in the world is a wank?

You say the Tri-Nations draw is a wank because teams that play the week before are disadvantaged, well the all blacks didnt play the week before the Bledisloe did they?
    Not only that, each team is going to be put in the same situation throughout the draw, its no different to any other competition where teams get disadvantaged at different points throughout the comp. At least in the Tri-Nations each team gets to play at home against each other, its a hell of a lot more even then the 6nations.

FTA coverage has being abysmal since 2004? how has it changed in anyway to what it is this weekend? S14 isnt shown FTA but it was pointless doing it at midnight anyway, Rugby is no different to the A-League that you speak so highly of.

As for the Ratings, i must admit i am having a hard time understanding your theory on how the ratings were bad yet we posted facts the prove there not?

Last year was a joke, and i was one of the people who was pissed off massively about it, but we arent talking about 2007, we are talking about 2008, RSA, NZ and AUS have fielded there best teams possible this year, you offer nothing to dispute this fact.

Weebles, your still stuck in 2007, no one on this forum will tell you 2007 was a good year for Aus Rugby, a lot has happened since then and i would be repeating myself if i went into it, but all the facts point out quite obviously that the game is improving again.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dear Channel 7,

I would like to put forward a novel idea to increase your ratings on Rugby shown on 7 Perth.

Its called "cross promotion".

For instance you have a program on each night at 6.00pm called "News" and towards the end of this program is a segment called "Sport".

Perhaps instead of filling this 5 minutes and 10 seconds with 4 minutes of AFL and the other 1 minute and 10 seconds to cricket and boxing, you could allow at least 25 seconds of the said 4 minutes to RUGBY.

I mean, you are the home of the QANTAS Wallabies?

I'll even write the script for you.

"....and that game against the All Blacks can be seen starting LIVE here on Channel 7 at 3.00pm"

Thanks.

vCash
    Too many big words Gerry

vCash
    Bloody Hell Gerry!!! What have you been smoking??

Posted via space

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Its called "cross promotion".
    Jesus they can't even get one program right...how are they going to combine them together?

You honestly think they have anyone there smart enough to think up this shit??? I think they got their marketing guys straight out of year 7.

They also don't understand that even though there may be less people watching, companies will pay more for advertising if they know a certain target audience will be watching. Also don't understand that if they can keep people from buying foxtel they will get higher audiences for their other programs.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast