Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Can Force tackle kids cancer?

vCash
    purple and black swan will look awesome!!
    just curious, how much would one cost? the same price as one of the normal jumpers or more? any ideas...?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    i think they wouldn't even start if it was for a worthwhile cause like this BLT. They might be tahs supporters, but they're human as well, they just have dodgy taste in Rugby teams
    I think you give them too much credit.

vCash
    i think your trying to hijack the wrong thread

Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    purple and black swan will look awesome!!
    just curious, how much would one cost? the same price as one of the normal jumpers or more? any ideas...?
    Apparantly the colour change is very easy to do so I imagine they would be reasonably priced. Hopefully the manufacturer will come on board for this cause.

I think the colour is Lilac? I'm pretty sure the Ospreys won the game with the charity jumpers on. 5000 jumpers of this colour have since been sold, with $3 (pounds) being given to the charity. The players all autographed each jumper which were also auctioned after the game.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

vCash
    One for the Newcastle Falcons fans who also did the same thing.

vCash
    Sounds like a great idea and being a chick who isn't a fan of pink, the purple shirts are a much better plan

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    Sounds like a great idea and being a chick who isn't a fan of pink, the purple shirts are a much better plan
    Yeah I think the Lilac or purply one is the way to go as it does stand out a bit. Gold is the traditional colour of childrens charity but I wanted to make it more noticeable than just the Force wearing their away colours at a home game. I had a meeting with some cancer charity reps today and I have another one on Wednesday so I will keep everyone posted.

vCash
    good stuff.
    all the best!

vCash
    My own home team Newport Gwent Dragons did the same thing and swapped the traditional black for this shade of blue.

vCash
    Some fans at one of the Ospreys game. 500 of these sold in the first 3 days.

St George Dragons league team swapped the traditional red V tonight in their clash with the Melbourne Storm with a pink V for a breast cancer charity as well.

vCash

Dragons Support Joanne Mackay Breast Cancer Foundation

I was just about to point that out. As some of you are aware, St George Illawarra are my NRL side, i have followed them since i was a foetus

In conjunction with the Harvey Norman “Women in League” NRL Round this weekend – the St George Illawarra Dragons will be raising awareness and money for the Joanne MacKay Breast Cancer Foundation by changing the famous Red V to a Pink V for the Dragons Clash with the Storm on Monday night at Olympic Park.

Dragons players will be wearing the “Pink V” against the reigning Premiers and will sign the jerseys post-match to be auctioned off on Grays Online via the Dragons website at Home- Official Site of St. George Illawarra Dragons

The Joanne MacKay Breast Cancer Foundation is one of the charity partners of the Dragons. The Foundation was set up in memory of Joanne MacKay, the late wife of former Illawarra, St George, St George Illawarra, NSW and Australian representative Brad MacKay who sadly lost her battle with breast cancer in 2002.

News Article - Official Site of St. George Illawarra Dragons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I was just about to point that out. As some of you are aware, St George Illawarra are my NRL side, i have followed them since i was a foetus

In conjunction with the Harvey Norman “Women in League” NRL Round this weekend – the St George Illawarra Dragons will be raising awareness and money for the Joanne MacKay Breast Cancer Foundation by changing the famous Red V to a Pink V for the Dragons Clash with the Storm on Monday night at Olympic Park.

Dragons players will be wearing the “Pink V” against the reigning Premiers and will sign the jerseys post-match to be auctioned off on Grays Online via the Dragons website at Home- Official Site of St. George Illawarra Dragons

The Joanne MacKay Breast Cancer Foundation is one of the charity partners of the Dragons. The Foundation was set up in memory of Joanne MacKay, the late wife of former Illawarra, St George, St George Illawarra, NSW and Australian representative Brad MacKay who sadly lost her battle with breast cancer in 2002.

News Article - Official Site of St. George Illawarra Dragons

It was good that both teams took their angry pills before the game and the referee took his stupid pills.

Good that the Dragons swapped the Red V for charity anyway, too bad about the score. I think Brownie is off to Huddersfield next year, seems like a genuine good bloke so good luck to him.

vCash
    the ref was an absolute twat, funnily enough his last name was Badger which reminds of another twat around here

Brownie is an absolute champion and yes he is off to Huddersfield at the end of the year, too bad about the score indeed, i didn't expect a win though, Melbourne are the standard again this year.

It was good to see the Dragons doing their bit for charity, all of last nights Dragons jerseys are being auctioned off, signed by the player who was wearing it and i think all the proceeds are going to the Joanne Mackay Breast Cancer Foundation
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4