Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Digby back??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    BOOOOOOOOOOOFFFF!!!
    digby? cant say i blame him for wanting to come back... i dont know how much game time he'd get. we have drew, cummins, brown, sare (or has he signed somewhere else already?), dane hp, stanners occasionally and THEN digby. hed be preferred to brown, sare and hp since he's a wallaby but is that a good thing? should be interesting...
    Robyn!
    What about Josh Tatupu? Young, honest, humble, can catch, can pass.
    The media have a feild day with the likes of Ioane. They can pretty much get them to make a stupid comment at will then show the world how stupid they can be.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Spot on Woody. Doubt Force will look to Digby again. Other than centre, does Josh have any pace for wing? I saw abit of him last season and thought he was pretty solid in the centre not sure if he's cover for the wing.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Geez you guys are tough on Digby. He's got his problems but he was very young when he came over and had to leave his family behind for the first time in his young life. Some would call it brave to venture over to the new francise. When he left I was dissapointed but always knew he would return to Qld. from the day he signed because of his family so never resented that choice. He is a good player and could be a great one if he can sort out a few aspects of his game. He can be Australia's most dangerous wing with ball in hand and he has the size and determination to be a thundering defender.

It is dissapointing that he has a few on field brain explosions but what I find astonishing is that plenty of Force fans here seem to be appauled by his cards yet support the guy who gets drunks and breaks his teammates face mid-season.

He is still young and will find his feet somewhere, not sure that coming back to the Force again is the answer for him but I wouldn't ever wish such a terrible thing as playing for the Tah's on anybody.

vCash
    if he comes again he will just go back when he gets homesick again.

I for one did not fault his decision to return home, but i did resent how he did it agreeing verbally to stay then doing a 180 and signing elsewhere.

He needs to catch the ball before he can run with it but i agree that when he does catch the ball, he can be damaging with ball in hand
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Re: Digby--The bridges have been burnt Turban.

Digby's problem (other than his scissor-hands), as Jargs pointed out, is that his commitment to the Force will always be suspect and in the eyes of many fans, thats something that cannot be forgiven or forgotten.

As for Yak's, his commitment/loyalty to the Force was pretty much unquestionable. His issue was with another player/s. For many, his indiscretions can be overlooked if he shows genuine remorse and desire to change his evil ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Spot on Woody. Doubt Force will look to Digby again. Other than centre, does Josh have any pace for wing? I saw abit of him last season and thought he was pretty solid in the centre not sure if he's cover for the wing.
    I'm pretty baised where Josh is concerned but he's probably not a winger first due to his built although he was a sprint champ as a teenager. I just hope he gets plenty of game time on the trip and struts his stuff well. My wife and I get into London the day before their last game in Birmingham so will endeavour to get there.

vCash
    The bandwagon had formed by the time I saw your reply Turban but I'll jump on anyway! Digby proved that his word is not worth shit by making a verbal agreement then backing out on it....In my books, that's unforgiveable. Overnight I went from one of his biggest supporters to hating him. I won't trust anything the man says, again, including his assertions that he went home to be with family but the instant he gets home (coincidentally cementing a starting spot in a weakened backline) he starts to look at moving away to different career enhancing places.

Henjak has made some mistakes, sure, he gets pissed and his brain implodes causing him to do seriously stupid things, nothing yak has done is excuseable, but his character flaw is that of addiction, I find that far more excuseable than the character flaw of untruthfulness and disloyalty.

Only my opinion though!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    A man is as good as his word.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Good on you Gigs, there is never a dull moment when you're on line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Good on you Gigs, there is never a dull moment when you're on line.
    Only too happy to help Woody. My opininons might offend some, don't paint the whole fanbase because of me, but that's what I feel and I'm not backing down from it!

A man's word is all he's got in the end!

C'mon the

vCash
    Any other signings or leavings of note other than Valentine?
    Do any of you Perth locals know if this young Turner is much scratch at half back?

Champion
    vCash
    If Digby was to join the EWF. how would he get into the 22 man team each week when we have the likes of :

Josh T.
    Ryan Cross
    James O'Connor
    Junior Pele
    Gits (if needed)
    Brock James (local lad)
    and other youngesters.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Brock James or you mean Will Brock? I think he's plying his trade in a No.8 jersey for Easts alongside ex Force squad members Gavin DeBartolo and Vitori Buatava

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Only too happy to help Woody. My opininons might offend some, don't paint the whole fanbase because of me, but that's what I feel and I'm not backing down from it!

A man's word is all he's got in the end!
    Its always good when you make a comment GIGS you always cover pretty much everything I want to say so it saves me the effort.

I would add though that Digby leaving doesn't really bother me its a bit of a whatever and even going back on his word isn't that big a deal. But we didn't released Brett Stapleton on the understanding he was staying and Brett hasn't come back to top flight rugby from that. Effectively Digby killed Brett's chances at a rugby career.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    True James and Stapo was greased Freakin' lightning from what I saw. I can only imagine what he could have done with a couple years quality coaching underneath him.

Anyhoo it's over now and Digby won't be beack, we have wingers who can catch now.

C'mon the

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast