Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tahu backed for Tri-Nations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Tahu's gonna have a hard time getting picked before Crossy after his great contribution last night, he must've made 30 tackles and those two tries may have looked easy but they belay the skill it took to step out 2 metres to create the space. Something that only instinctive players can do.
    I would think Tahu will be picked ahead of Crossy simply from what we saw on Saturday. With Barnes injured, Mortlock was moved to 12 and Crossy in at 13, which says Deans prefers him at 13 and not 12. In light of this, if Barnes doesn't make a swift recovery in time for the Subi game, we just might see Tim Tam in at 12 with Morts at 13.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    I would think Tahu will be picked ahead of Crossy simply from what we saw on Saturday. With Barnes injured, Mortlock was moved to 12 and Crossy in at 13, which says Deans prefers him at 13 and not 12. In light of this, if Barnes doesn't make a swift recovery in time for the Subi game, we just might see Tim Tam in at 12 with Morts at 13.
    Against South Africa? Keep in mind Tahu has been playing in Australia A, not really the kind of game you want to blood a new Union player to the top grade, unless on the bench.

Mortlock has been saying all season he was willing to play 12 and the Wallabies were far more effective with Cross at 13, Mortlock just seemed lost all game. It'd be a gamble but I think better then the Tahu gamble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    It'd be a gamble but I think better then the Tahu gamble.
    Maybe a slight gamble, but it seems Aussie Bob does not suffer the "anti-mungo" bias that plagues some of the posters here.

13 is the more difficult defensive position and requires some big decisions to be made. Cross has obviously shown enough to the coaches for them to be confident of his ability. Timana Tahu is right in contention too after Sundays match. Even with only a hand full of Rugby matches under his belt.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Against South Africa? Keep in mind Tahu has been playing in Australia A, not really the kind of game you want to blood a new Union player to the top grade, unless on the bench.
    Its not really that much of a gamble at 12 as opposed to 13 (and especially if Barnes is out) and after watching him last night and watching the AB/SA game on Saturday I'm pretty confident he will be give it a good go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3