Thread: Welcome to Perth, Caleb Brown

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Welcome to Perth, Caleb Brown

Former Queensland winger Caleb Brown has overcome the hamstring troubles that curtailed his Super 14 career with the Reds and landed in Perth to join the Emirates Western Force for the next two years.

Brown has signed a two-year contract with the Force after playing just one match for the Reds this year due to hamstring problems that saw him miss the entire 2007 season after impressing on debut with 10 caps in 2006.

Brown, 21, is excited about the move west to join a talent-laded Force squad and is looking forward to joining in on the UK tour in August, having a big pre-season and a strong 2009 Super 14 season.

"I've heard a lot of good things about Perth, I've worked with John Mulvihill (assistant coach) in the past, I spoke to some of the players and apparently it's a great set up to be part of, so I'm glad to be here," Brown said on arrival at his first Western Force training session.

"It's sad leaving Queensland, but it's going to be an exciting move for me. I'm excited that my game and body is getting better and Perth will have the resources to do a player like me good."

"Anywhere in the world you couldn't ask for a better group of players, so I'm very blessed to come to a side with so many quality players and coaches."

While Brown knows Mulvihill well, he isn't all that familiar with head coach John Mitchell and will be looking to impress him in order to win caps next year.

"I haven't had much to do with John at all before, but I just go by his credentials. I had a bit to do with Mulvihill through my school years and one year of club rugby, so I know him pretty well," he said.

"It's more of a career move for me, I haven't even thought about where I could play in regards to who else is in the squad. I've just played club rugby at 13 on the weekend which I enjoyed, so I'd like to think I'm more than just a wing and I'm sure the two John's will have a look at me and see where I'm best suited."

Brown only played one game with the Reds this year and has spent the rest of the time with the Gold Coast Breakers, which he has enjoyed, and is hopeful his body will stay sound in his second crack at the top level.

"I've had a good two months of playing club football in Queensland and I haven't had any injury trouble, so hopefully it continues that way," he said.

"It's taken until now to realise how much all the injuries have hurt my career. It's disappointing, but it's a great career to be able to play rugby for a living and I'm just looking forward to the next couple of years in Perth with the new team."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good on him. Hope he does well. Scores some meat pies and all that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu