Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies Vs France Lineup

vCash

Wallabies Vs France Lineup

Wallabies make four changes to XV
    By staff writers
    July 01, 2008 LACHLAN Turner will make his Australia debut after being named on the wing for the Wallabies in the second Test against France in Brisbane on Saturday.

Turner is one of four changes made to the Wallabies starting XV for the clash.

Turner, full-back Adam Ashley-Cooper, No.8 Stephen Hoiles and flanker Phil Waugh have all been selected.

They take the places of Lote Tuqiri, Cameron Shepherd, Wycliff Palu and George Smith, from the line-up that started last Saturday night’s 34-13 win over France in the first Test in Sydney.

Wallabies make four changes to XV - Rugby - Fox Sports

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Turner's had a good season this year and I would find it difficult to argue this one.

As for ACC, with the incumbent recently "retired", it seems appropriate that the coach is looking at his options before the big tests due shortly. Sheps had his chance, an overall solid but unspectacular performance (tinged with a blooper or two) and now we'll see what ACC has in his boots. Looking forward to the game.

Would have loved to have seen Brownie make it to the bench but again, Hoiles has had a good season too so can't find good argument against this call-up.

vCash
    needs more Tahs. but otherwise a good team

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    If AAC is the full back of the future I would expect much the same as when Gerrard played fullback, solid enough but really didn't add much....

vCash
    shepherd didnt really do much in the two tests he played, he had one good run down the side. but other then that he was rather pedestrian.

I thought they would have had Turner at fullback and AAC on the wing though.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    I can understand the situation with putting AAC in. But then why isn't Cross starting in place of Barnes or Mortlock? Cross has had even less game time than AAC. Mortlock has played two games in a row now without getting injured, can't see that lasting for a third. And Barnes has been equally as "unspectacular" as Shepherd.

vCash
    From South Africa Turner set for Wallabies debut

vCash
    im sorry, i am so angry and in full rant mode. i think robbie has been smoking something he shouldnt have been when he let this team out. W-T-F! rotation sucks sh*t!!! yes it will help the boys playing at test level, but if hes going in with a rotated team, then why are only 3 rotated? one of who stepped over already-wallabies-who-need-test-experiance to get there!!!

which brings me to hoiles. brownie should, by far, get more test time than hoiles. he needs to experiance the pressure of a test match! imagine if he goes on against the all blacks in the bledisloe and cracks? he needs to get on the field, and he should be on there ahead of hoiles. hes had a great pacific nations cup, but i think brownie should get on the test scene before the really important games start. he is also the better player in my opinion, and has played the best season he has ever had at number 8 during the last s14 season.

i dont think smith should have been taken off, at least when waugh gets in trouble he is there to come back on. i still think it should be brownie on there.

as for AAC in there. i am SO pissed off. he adds nothing to the game. cam is the wallabies fullback. gerrad is by far a better fullback than AAC. bloody hell, even drews a better fullback (which is really saying something!!) i sound like i am arguing with myself, seeing as i just complained bout preferring non-wallabies to wallabies in brownies case, but AAC has nothing to offer and already has had test experiance. he knows what its like to have the (and crumble because of) pressure, and he doesnt need the experiance of a test match like brownie. we already have 2 relatively new players in the back 3, we dont need some hopeless winger fumbling around in the dark at fullback.

while we are rotating... why arent we rotating any force boys ON rather than off?? you lost some mega brownie points in my book deans

feel free to tell me if i am talking cr@p. i probably am

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Gerrard is an absolute pretender. It would be a crime for him to be selected ever ever again.

Cross is not that great. TimTam is the future. Get him in. And Horney.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Gerrard is an absolute pretender. It would be a crime for him to be selected ever ever again.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash

1. Agreed.

2. Cross is good enough for now but doubt he will be around for the 2011 World Cup, Tahu is in the same boat. We have ample young centres so Horne may not be good enough when he becomes a little less green.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Robyn, its too easy to hook you. Lift your game.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Robyn, its too easy to hook you. Lift your game.
    WTF! oh, no, i get this. i didnt bite before, and now you are trying to make me bite now... well im just too good mr chook. no bites

vCash
    Yeah, but that counts as a bite. Just by saying that you didn't bite doesn't mean that it isn't a bite. Thats Angling 101.

Gigsa made me do it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast