Thread: Giteau outlines exit strategy

vCash

Giteau outlines exit strategy

Giteau outlines exit strategy
    Bret Harris | June 30, 2008

WALLABIES five-eighth Matt Giteau has revealed he is unsure whether he will play beyond the 2011 World Cup in New Zealand.

Although Giteau is only 25, he is a veteran of 53 Tests, having made his debut against England at Twickenham in 2002.

By the 2011 World Cup, Giteau will have played Test rugby for 10 years. To be fair, four years is a long way away and Giteau has not given the matter any serious thought, but it is obviously at the back of his mind.

"I'm signed up until..Read More

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    why would the best player in the world quit rugby because he'd have played for 10 years... wtf gits! dont leave!!!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    what!
    but hes still young and he better play on!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    He'll be 28 in 2011, he could get three to four years of European rugby getting paid squillions and retire in his early 30's or maybe the fact that he has been in proffessional rugby since he was very young maybe he has the fatigue that someone who is usually in thier late 20's would face...

Besides, we have James O'Connor waiting in the wings, by the time 2011 rolls around Giteau would be slowing down while O'Connor would be in prime form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    He'll be 28 in 2011, he could get three to four years of European rugby getting paid squillions and retire in his early 30's or maybe the fact that he has been in proffessional rugby since he was very young maybe he has the fatigue that someone who is usually in thier late 20's would face...

Besides, we have James O'Connor waiting in the wings, by the time 2011 rolls around Giteau would be slowing down while O'Connor would be in prime form.
    why doesnt he do something like gregan, except not stay for quite as long. i think he should go out on top, like when we've won the rwc2011. JOC is a great centre, and id hope he wouldnt mind waiting a while for his hero... but then. that would limit his game... ARGH! now im arguing with myself. 28 isnt old!! look at cordingly. look at sharpe. look at taipan. 28 isnt old gits...!!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    how many games has JOC played?

vCash

vCash
    I think Gits is spot on. 4 years is a long time and a lot can happen in that time.

I would love for him to stay playing rugby in Australia and for the Force but reality is he needs to do whats best for him. He has been playing rugby at professional level for pretty much his entire career, straight from school to now. That would be tough on anyone, especially at the top level. As long as he plays out his time in Australia at the Force and gives the 2011 world cup his all, I will be happy.

vCash
    This whole article is crap!!! I dont see how Gits saying he is signed up to WC2011 and he is unsure about what he will do after that outlines a exit strategy + the majority of what he is talking about is about saturday nights game???

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnoBarbarians View Post
    This whole article is crap!!! I dont see how Gits saying he is signed up to WC2011 and he is unsure about what he will do after that outlines a exit strategy + the majority of what he is talking about is about saturday nights game???
    yes but how many articles are just players talking about the next game.. boring!