Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs France 1st Test Player ratings

vCash

Thumbs up

I would love to be part of this discussion but, to be fair, we had our team Court session (Judge) and I got fairly hammered and watched the game through my Emu Export Goggles.

From what I do recall, there was some good, some bad and some fairly unattractive. What was evident was the 600 seconds midway thru the game were put to good use. Get the basics right and the rest will usually follow (with exceptions like Campo, Habana and Lomu).

Coach makes a very valid point, it is difficult to remove provincal eye patches.

Gagger, you've copped some shit and kept your chin up. Good on you.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Gagger, you've copped some shit and kept your chin up. Good on you.

Yeah, but let's hope the, gay blue, tah coloured glasses have fallen off before he grades the next game.

vCash
    i actually thought Gaggers was pretty spot on with what he said..

maybe some of you should take the ewf glasses off?

Player
    vCash
    I must say I thought Gits played some of the worst rugby I've seen from him in the first 30 minutes of the game. If you watch closely, much of the reason that he kept having to pick passes from Burgess up at his feet was that he was running sideways. Even his try, which admittedly turned the momentum of the game, came from him running straight across field and then darting back in around the outside. This is something I think Gits really needs to work on at 10, because it means he's taking a lot of time and space from the midfield.

I initially thought that they should stick with Barnes at 10 and Gits at 12 as I really think Barnes is a more natural 10, and certainly has a more accurate tactical kicking game. But the example of Dan Carter being given a good season to develop from a 12 into a fantastic 10 convinced me the same opportunity should be afforded Gits. Still, if he's running sideways at the end of the year I think I'll change my mind again...

vCash
    Giteau crabbed a bit in Super 14 as well, he needs to get that sorted...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    i actually thought Gaggers was pretty spot on with what he said..

maybe some of you should take the ewf glasses off?
    Can I just remind you this is TWF, a site name The Whole Force run by fans of the Force.

vCash
    I thought this was the "wallabies united we stand" forum?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandgoldrugby View Post
    I thought this was the "wallabies united we stand" forum?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    You should read your own posts and then judge if it is so or if it is NSW come hell or high water

vCash
    PB is off his meds. Don't mind him

Burgess not that bad. Barnes, Gits and Burgwan are all guilty of not communicating with each other enough though. Gits and Barnes were very deep at times. Burgwan made up for his errors with a lot of energy. The dude was everywhere! About the communication, I could hear Burgwan talking to the forwards through the mic. So he was talking to some of the team.

Mortlock did ok. Solid straight runs.
    Palu was not as bad as some have made out. Lots of guys dropping the ball all round at the start and during the first half.

To be fair, the Frogges played their part too, disrupting play and getting in the way. Its the only thing they could have done really when you consider that head to head, the Wallaby players would be the equal or better than the Frogges.
    A lot of throwing the ball wide aimlessly though. Thats a bit weird. Is playing Crusaders style so alien to everyone? Its all a learning curve for the Wallabies. I reckon maybe sometime next year we will actually enjoy a game.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Can I just remind you this is TWF, a site name The Whole Force run by fans of the Force.
    yeah but theres not enough Queensland supporters to warrant them having their own site so they mooch of us

vCash
    chookzilla,

Just because Palu didn't drop the ball doesn't mean he played well, the fact he didn't even show up on the pitch the past two games and do anything with it is what makes him an absolute artist when it comes to the old story of Tahs performing decent on the provincial stage yet not stepping up on the International stage....I don't remember the last international Palu has played anywhere near his provincial form, bring on Hoiles I say.

vCash
    Don't know what game you watched BLT, but Palu did alright for mine. He hardly seagulled on the sideline.

Like I've said before. Maybe we will actually enjoy a game someday soon. Maybe in a few years. Or maybe not.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Don't know what game you watched BLT, but Palu did alright for mine. He hardly seagulled on the sideline.

Like I've said before. Maybe we will actually enjoy a game someday soon. Maybe in a few years. Or maybe not.
    But where is the barn busting runs ala his Super rugby form, he just doesn't bring it. I think he needs to be given time off to 'think about what he's' done and get some mongrel into him on the International level He is fairly young so I think that if he gets that into him he will be immense for Australia, he could easily lock down the number eight spot if he got a bit more 'Collins-esque' about his play, ready to smash the opposition to a pulp.

vCash
    He had a few runs, made a few tackles. Got hurt and went off. What more do you want? He did alright.

Gigsa made me do it

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Palu does go missing in big games and has done for awhile. Chook you know it and so does every other rugby follower. BLR is on the money.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast