Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: WA's converted, but Seven won't try live rugby.

vCash
    Thanks channel 7. i fully enjoy watching your channel. such fulfilling shows

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Therein lies the problem for Rugby in WA. Most of Rugby people either have Foxtel or they go to a pub. This ALWAYS causes the ratings for Rugby matches to be skewed. JO'N says that we should look at the combined ratings of Fox + Seven. But this is not going to grow the fan base in WA or other AFL states. Only live (or decent time slot) FTA will do that.

Regards,

The Cracked Record.
    This is a problem of Ch 7's making. People have got so fed up with them that as you said they either have got Foxtel or just go down the local pub and watch it at a decent time. It's about time the ARU did something about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    This is a problem of Ch 7's making. People have got so fed up with them that as you said they either have got Foxtel or just go down the local pub and watch it at a decent time. It's about time the ARU did something about it.
    It's the ARU's responsibility to do something about it. They sold Seven the rights to the games. I hope that agreement is up for renewal soon, because they need to put some HTFU clauses in it.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I wish to state publicly, catagorically, once and for all, that the Palmyra Under 14's Girl's Team (if we had one) would annihilate the All Blacks.

Any time, any where, any channel.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    This Saturday night on Ch 7:

6pm
    Seven News

6.29pm
    Saturday Lotto Draw

6.30pm
    The Great Outdoors

7.30pm
    The Vicar of Dibley
    "Happy Birthday Special"

8.30pm
    Super Troupers: Thirty Years of ABBA

Ch 9 same night:

6pm
    National Nine News Saturday

6.30pm
    Australia's Funniest Home Video Show

7.30pm
    Cats & Dogs
    (2001) Family. Jeff Goldblum, Elizabeth Perkins, Miriam Margolyes. (PG)

9.25pm
    Bride & Prejudice

so...fight crap with crap. beaut.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    It should be noted that the nine news, 60 minutes and big brother (in years past) are some of the top rated shows every week. It isn't really a surprise that a rugby game lost out in the ratings to those programs.

vCash
    -They cant honestly say that repeats of The Vicar of Dibley, made 10+ years ago are getting higher ratings than the other channels anyway. Super Troopers? Who cares about an ABBA "special"?

-The only reason why not so many people watch the telecast when it is live, is because they watch it on foxtel anyway, something which a great number of rugby fans had to buy in order to be able to watch super14 and any other form of rugby telecast.

-The 2006 statistics is old, rugby has changed since then, it legion of supporters has grown since then, 2 years is a long time by TV standards and they need some new statistics to form a compelling arguement.

-"You do get the sense Ray Wardop is caught between a rock and a hard place" Put him between 2 front rowers, then come to me about having no options!

-Too right your explanantion wont satisfy rugby fans, because the explanation is a standard "change the program and send to disgruntled viewer" response that quite honestly doesn't satisfy anyone you send it to.

-I dont care if there is a battle between channel 7 & 9. Channel 9 manages to show State of Origin during a prime time slot and thats not even a game which involves the National side.

Channel 7 get some pride and telecast the Rugby live. If not for the sake of satisfying the rugby supporters, for the sake of supporting you Country's representative side!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    Surely if the TV can send and receive such signals they can send and receive similar signals about what you are watching without needing a stupid black box.
    Pretty sure TV antennas and satellite dishes only recieve. The software updates are broadcast just like the rest of the signals. Only cable customers or satellite customers who have allowed pay TV access to their phone lines can be so easily snooped on.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    Yes, it's of their making. I wouldn't totally dismiss jargan's conspiracy theory that it's an arrangement with the AFL either. Given 7's long affiliation with cross country netball, why would they want to help generate new viewers for Rugby? Heck, some of them might even like what they see and subscribe to Foxtel so they can see more and uninterrupted Rugby telecasts. Or even take their kids down to have a game at the local Rugby club.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Nice article from the West, shame about the predictable drivel from Channel 7.

Yes, for the most part anyone interested in watching this game will do it, either on their own Foxtel connection, or at a pub, but I thought the point of all that anti-siphoning legislation that stops Foxtel owning exclusive rights to alot of sports coverage is to avoid this exact situation. What about families who don't have foxtel and don't have the option to go out? What about some kid from the under-10s who wants to watch his sporting heroes play for their country, but isn't allowed to stay up until 3am to see it????
    The 2006 statsitics are a bum steer- most things Channel 7 would run against 60 minutes and big bogan (more particularly in past years) would lose regardless, not to mention that change in the Rugby landscape in WA those two years- we'd had one season with the Force (and diplomatically speaking, not the MOST sucessful one)- audiences for the S14 year up on Fox this year (though I don't know in what magnitude that translates directly to Perth)- why wouldn't the test audiences (in total anyway) go the same way?
    It's an ingenious arguement- a self-fulfilling prophecy (for the conspriacy theorists, kinda like how they'll build us a stadium once the crowds are there, in the face of declining membership due to a crap stadium...)

Channel 7, desist from being asshats.
    ARU, HTFU.

Last edited by Swee_82; 26-06-08 at 13:28. Reason: spelling- stear- WTF do cows have to do with it????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    This Saturday night on Ch 7:

6pm
    Seven News

6.29pm
    Saturday Lotto Draw

6.30pm
    The Great Outdoors

7.30pm
    The Vicar of Dibley
    "Happy Birthday Special"

8.30pm
    Super Troupers: Thirty Years of ABBA

Ch 9 same night:

6pm
    National Nine News Saturday

6.30pm
    Australia's Funniest Home Video Show

7.30pm
    Cats & Dogs
    (2001) Family. Jeff Goldblum, Elizabeth Perkins, Miriam Margolyes. (PG)

9.25pm
    Bride & Prejudice

so...fight crap with crap. beaut.

Thanks b&b that's my saturday night sorted

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    go to the pub . problem solvered!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    see you at JB's Happy
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    go to the pub . problem solvered!!
    yep, i have foxtel, and i am still going to treck up to JbB's to watch it. if i had IQ i would watch it again when i got home as well

vCash
    Come to JB's & see me wearing a Wallabies top for the first time in my life!!!!

Also, feel free to buy me a drink to celebrate my permanent residency!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    you don't need IQ, watch C7
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast