Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The starting Force lineup

Senior Player
    vCash
    I have no idea...will be the first season I have any interest in the Super 14!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Egan
    I have no idea...will be the first season I have any interest in the Super 14!

Good on yer Egan.

There is a player called Rudi Vedelago, he came from Queensland along with Nathan Sharpe, he has hurt his wrist and will need a reconstruction on it. He is likely to miss the start of the season.

He is a lock along with Nathan, so the door is left a little bit more open for David Pusey (ex-Brumbies), Matt Windle (ex-Queensland 'A') and John Welborn (Wallaby and ex-Waratah). 8)
    The team
    1.G.Hardy
    2.B.Cannon
    3.D.Fitter
    4.D.Pusey
    5.N.Sharpe
    6.L.Doherty
    7.M.Hodgson
    8.S.Fava
    9.M.Henjak
    10.L.McKay
    11.D.Ioane
    12.B.James
    13.J.Hilgendorf
    14.S.Staniforth
    15.C.Shepherd

16.T.McIsaac
    17.A.Scott
    18.J.Welborn
    19.T.Davidson
    20.C.O'Young
    21.S.Daruda
    22.T.Smallman-Mailata

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Interesting use of Hilgendorf 8. With the half season injury to Pelesasa, 13 becomes a bit of a problem for Mitchell. I wouldn't be suprised to see him put some faith in Josh Graham as a tackling machine and big hits ups from his league past. A massive tackler apparently.
    As a first game selection I would think with the injury to Vedalago that Wobber Welborn will get the run on. He has been playing regualrly as a starting player in France so is still well match fit and it is the first match in WA after all. The battle between Hodgson, Davidson, Doherty, Windle and Brown for the two run on flanker spots will be an interesting one all season. Personally I put Davidson in front of Hodgson from the club rugby I saw last year but time will tell and admittedly I saw more Uni than Manly matches. He had an uncanny knack of finding the try line through rough traffic for Uni last year.
    The other area of interest will be how much trust Mitchell is prepared to put in Ioane, Daruda, Smallman-Mailata and even Buatava following very promising '05 seasons.
    Jealous of those going to the Cheetahs match as a lot of these toss up positions will be trialled there I'm sure.

vCash
    good post burgs..Interesting you say davidson over hodgson, i also watched a bit of sydney club cop last yr on foxtel and all the manly games i saw hodgson looked to play very well..he is big and can get around the field very well..he had big raps as a junior but injury has plagued him..hopefulli he can show his force this season! alos the with the 13 position i would use Josh Graham and play Daruda at 12. I have seen Graham as i have been down at Perry Lakes a lot lately and he is an absolute monster and coming from a league background he will have strong defence and will be fit.. anyways cant wait for season to start, unfortunately will miss trial match as will be in sydney..GO THE FORCE

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Thanks zacko, yeah Josh Graham sure sounds like a big horse though I've never seen him in action.
    Certainly not talking down Hodgson, I think he will get plenty of match time during the season. I read that he has a strong background through the Aus Rep teams and was a valuable player at the Marlins.
    On the stats from last season though, Davidson does have 10cms and a kilo on him though so provides a viable lineout option with similar ground skills.
    Be great to hear any insight or observations from being around Perry Lakes zacko, bit far for me to get down there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2