Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tahman sponsor charged with fraud.

vCash

Tahman sponsor charged with fraud.

Billionaire cardboard king Richard Pratt could face up to four years in jail after being charged with lying to the corporate watchdog over his knowledge of price fixing.

In a summons lodged with the Federal Court on Thursday, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) alleged Mr Pratt, the head of cardboard manufacturer Visy, gave false and misleading evidence to an ACCC hearing in 2005.

Visy is the naming rights sponsor of NSW Waratahs mascot "Tahman".

for more on this....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Unnamed Sauces; 20-06-08 at 07:03.

vCash
    i knew Tahman was corrupt! He's on the take..........probably taking a more then cash as well
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    West Coast Bias..

He's also president of Carlton gAFL Football Club.

vCash
    good one carlton

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    i knew Tahman was corrupt! He's on the take..........probably taking a more then cash as well
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The rot no doubt goes all the way to the top! Is there any truth to the rumor that the ARU is going to revoke NSW's franchise and award it to Melbourne?

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Visy NSW Rugby - The Home of the HSBC Waratahs.

Visy
    Visy have partnered with NSW Rugby in 2008 with the launch of Visy Tah Man, the first ever mascot for the HSBC Waratahs.

Visy Tah Man will become a permanent fixture on the rugby circuit and will be calling all Waratahs fans to be ‘Get Tah’d for Life’.

Visy Tah Man will also play an important role as an environmental crusader and will be encouraging fans to recycle at every opportunity: at Waratah games, at home, at work and at school.

Recycling is an underestimated weapon in the fight against climate change and Visy Tah Man will be showing fans how easy it can be. If your school or workplace isn’t recycling, contact Visy on 1300 368 479 and start kicking goals for the environment.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Right... so your tenous link is that Visy sponsor TahMan, and their CEO has been charged for price fixing. Not convicted mind you, charged with a presumption of innocence.

I can just see all you western emo's jumping up and down with glee at the prospect of getting your own back from all the east coast bashing you've wrongly copped over that standup sleeve sponsor and their mythical magic pills.

Not that anyone would have seen the Firepower collapse coming, apart from Peter Holmes à Court obviously.

Pretty p'iss poor crime in my book, and while the details have not yet come out I can't see it being anything in comparison to this informed sources racket that came out yesterday. If he doesn't get off it'll be a minimal fine.

[sarcasm] Boo hoo. Tah Man's integrity is gone forever, and damned if I'll ever use recycled carboard again, it's price fixed. Stupid Tah fans victimising us honourable Force fans and tarnishing the good name of Firepower [/sarcasm]

vCash
    Moses it news - not good news but it is news

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Dirt sticks.

We know.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Settle down Moses- I think most posters have contributed here with thier tounges planted firmly in cheek (at least that's how I read threads contributed by 'unknown sauces')

Though, truth be told, all the best jokes have origins in the truth somewhere, and if Visy were a sponser, no doubt there'd be a Magnay/Pieman 'expose' on the nefarious dealing of said rugby administration.

Put simply, it's not the Tahs or NSWRU that make this amusing, it's the SMH, in a scheudenfraude kinda way. At least it would be if an article on the business affairs of Visy appeared in the sports section, right next to all the firepower articles.

Last edited by Swee_82; 20-06-08 at 09:53.

vCash
    Give U a laugh Moses - think I heard somewhere that Tim Johnson has been arrested searching for the article now -

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    A few words come to mind, hoisted, petard, amongst them....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    A few words come to mind, hoisted, petard, amongst them....
    FS truly a man of letters:

Hoist by your own petard

Hoist by your own petard

Meaning

Injured by the device that you intended to use to injure others.

Origin

A petard is or rather was, as they have long since fallen out of use, a small engine of war used to blow breaches in gates or walls. They were originally metallic and bell-shaped but later cubical wooden boxes. Whatever the shape, the significant feature was that they were full of gunpowder - basically what we would now call a bomb.

The device was used by the military forces of all the major European fighting nations by the 16th century. In French and English - petar or petard, and in Spanish and Italian - petardo.

The dictionary maker John Florio defined them like this in 1598:

"Petardo - a squib or petard of gun powder vsed to burst vp gates or doores with."

vCash
    calm down moses, grow a sense of humor and HTFU. Bit touchy about this today..............
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Right... so your tenous link is that Visy sponsor TahMan, .......rant, rant, rant.................rant, rant, rant..........

I can just see all you western emo's jumping up and down with glee .......rant, rant, rant.................rant, rant, rant..........

Not that anyone would have seen the Firepower collapse coming, apart from Peter Holmes à Court obviously........rant, rant, rant.................rant, rant, rant..........

Pretty p'iss poor crime in my book, .......rant, rant, rant.................rant, rant, rant..........
    Oh, dear!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast