Poll: When to leave the ground?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Disgust Discussed

vCash
    As head cheerleader, Burgs has quite rightly given the Force crowd a serve, for early walk-outs.
    Sometimes you just have to educate people as to how to behave, especially when out in public , and your team's players have MOVED INTERSTATE , MOVED BACK TO AUSTRALIA , SWEATED PRODIGIOUSLY in Perth 's summer swelter to provide you with ENTERTAINMENT. Unfortunately , for too many people now , sport is only entertainment, and not about supporting a team through the rain and shine.

But for all those who've suffered decades without a taste of their favourite/childhood/chosen sport as many West Australians have, then the Force is not just about entertainment, or a new sport. Its their identity - who they are! They are Rugby fans.

The part-timers and cheap thrills mob need to respect this, and respect the brave endeavour that the Force team and management have embarked upon. The real supporters will be there in the rain, and the good-timers will be there for the shine.

Burgs serve seems to have worked, because the crowd for the Tahs game seemed to be very appreciative (from my Fox view!) How's the situation now?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticBalls
    As head cheerleader, Burgs has quite rightly given the Force crowd a serve, for early walk-outs.
    Sometimes you just have to educate people as to how to behave, especially when out in public , and your team's players have MOVED INTERSTATE , MOVED BACK TO AUSTRALIA , SWEATED PRODIGIOUSLY in Perth 's summer swelter to provide you with ENTERTAINMENT. Unfortunately , for too many people now , sport is only entertainment, and not about supporting a team through the rain and shine.

But for all those who've suffered decades without a taste of their favourite/childhood/chosen sport as many West Australians have, then the Force is not just about entertainment, or a new sport. Its their identity - who they are! They are Rugby fans.

The part-timers and cheap thrills mob need to respect this, and respect the brave endeavour that the Force team and management have embarked upon. The real supporters will be there in the rain, and the good-timers will be there for the shine.

Burgs serve seems to have worked, because the crowd for the Tahs game seemed to be very appreciative (from my Fox view!) How's the situation now?

less ppl may be leaving earlier coz there r less people comin to our games!!
    so we r left with mainly die hard fans anyway

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

vCash
    I voted " Get stuffed Burgs" cause it seemed like a good idea at the time

But seriously, being a shift worker who's rostered on every second weekend makes it a bit tough to hang around sometimes, with an hour drive to Mandurah and the alarm set for 03:55am

Which brings me to another question: Why the bloody hell are we bloodywell kicking off so bloody late on bloody Saturday?

The other two matches are hours earlier. Woulda thought it would be a good opportunity for a 18:00 kick-off. Probably better suits the Bulls fans in ZA. Bugger 'em, I say!!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Shasta i couldnt say with absolutely certainty. But I would say it has everything to do with the TV coverage on FoxSports.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    On Friday and Saturday, the NZ games should kick off at around 6pm and/or 8pm their time, meaning that an Oz game can start at 8pm eastern time, followed by a Perth game at 8pm
    (all 2 hours apart in time zones).
    So it will either go NZ,(NZ),Oz East, Oz West if there's 3 games ( *EDST adjusts this in NSW,ACT)

It depends on the draw. But yes, if the Perth matches are starting too late, it will require some lobbying of SANZAR of your concerns. Sth AF is GMT+2 , so 8pm Perth is 2pm there.
    The solution could be insisting that either:
    a) Saturday games in NZ,Oz East and West all start at 6pm local time *
    b) or Saturday games in NZ,NZ, Oz West start at 6,8,6pm respectively
    c) the Sth Afr live viewing time is inconsequential, unless a Saffa team is playing in OzNZ,
    in which case it has to be a Saturday match - see above

Maybe they need to be more careful with their draw, or live viewing/time zones/earlier games need to be factored into the Foxtel scheduling as a template, BEFORE the draw is made.

I can't find a SANZAR e-mail address for you. Any takers?

vCash
    Lol they only time i left early was the third game .... only cos I had my dad with me ... and being a cripple he needed to take his time getting down the stairs I did tell him if he waited I could roll him down ... but he said no ... lol was only 5 mins though ... I dont think I missed much ... I know Im naughty dont hurt me!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I rate you Lonzy, you are making my laugh already
    Your poor "cripple" Dad!!! Perhaps he can wait for you at the Gate

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Watch it Lonzy, Burgs is a smoothy when he gets started.

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    Watch it Lonzy, Burgs is a smoothy when he gets started.
    You taught me everything I know kilt man

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash

Leaving Early cose of the Buses

Hi to all you devoted Force supporters
    I have to admitt my wife and I are in the crowd that leaves as the team is leaving the field .
    For the 1st game we stayed till the end and ended up nearly missing the buses as Transperth allow you 20 mins to get out and get on a bus.
    Travelling by our own transport is just not possible so our departing time is determined by the buses.
    Sorry Guys at least I am honest but it does not mean my support is not 110% for our boys
    Ihave concidered taking the car to freo so we can stay longer for the last game to give the guys a great farewell for there trip to SA.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    mowerman - no need to apologise - thats a perfectly fine reason in my book

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Lets get Transperth on the phone and hold the buses!!!!!!!!!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mowerman6167
    Hi to all you devoted Force supporters
    I have to admitt my wife and I are in the crowd that leaves as the team is leaving the field .
    For the 1st game we stayed till the end and ended up nearly missing the buses as Transperth allow you 20 mins to get out and get on a bus.
    Travelling by our own transport is just not possible so our departing time is determined by the buses.
    Sorry Guys at least I am honest but it does not mean my support is not 110% for our boys
    Ihave concidered taking the car to freo so we can stay longer for the last game to give the guys a great farewell for there trip to SA.
    110% + more mate............ you and your wife are quality supporters....me and mine only have to walk so it's easy for us.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    yeah buses are evil ... so are the trains ... pfft specially at the first game... hmf the trains were packed all I have to say is thank god for a ruck! ... lol Burgs that is a good idea! nxt time I'll make him wait hehehe ... but i'll have to be nice about it cos he is my lift!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2