0 0%
  • Whitaker

2 15.38%
  • Cordingley

10 76.92%

Thread: Best Australian Scrum Half so far

vCash

Best Australian Scrum Half so far

Thought it would be interesting to see what we all think of the scrum halves performances so far this season.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Gareth Hardy.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Sam Cordingley, that is the dude isn't it, seems to be the star at present, some very impressive displays and he's doing some fantastic attacking runs. He's my number one at present...strange he's at the bottom of the table with us.

Gregan, well is he really Australia's number one now......I don't think so. Some people are saying he's protecting himself and if true he's no good to any team.

Matt, I'm sure he's got the talent and hopefully it will reveal itself as the Force grows....at present he's not a contender.

Not sure about Chris Whitacker......didn't see the game this week...don't even know if he played.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Agreed, Cordingley has been playing very well.

Henjak is a total waste of space, he's increadibly lazy getting to the ruck, hence my Gareth Hardy call above. Put some coke on the ball and he might be quicker getting to it.

Whitiker has been quiet in the first few games, that's generally how he is though. He's capable of better than what he's shown so far.

Gregan looks like he's playing a littel better, only 5 steps back before a pass now instead of the usual 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian

Henjak is a total waste of space, he's increadibly lazy getting to the ruck, hence my Gareth Hardy call above. Put some coke on the ball and he might be quicker getting to it.

Do you really think he's that bad. I know he's shown nothing yet but surely he can't be that bad...I was putting his poor play down to inexperience and nerves.....I guess he'll be given a few more games and that could be end of his time.

Surely putting coke on the ball will make it sticky and harder to pass, may help the other backs though.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I was smart enough not to bag him too much until he was starting for the Force. I knew I'd cop it for calling him a useless overrated mong head, I'd get replies like "He hasn't had a chance yet, blah blah".

Give Chris O'Young a chance and you'll see cleaner recycling.

No no, I'm talking about the other coke. The one Henjak likes.

vCash
    Well there were some ironical cheers when Henjak was finally replaced by O'Young. I think most fans think that O'Young deserves a chance to start. I know that I am one. I thought his game against the Cheetahs was very promising....

Mind you - what basis do you have that he is a coke head?

vCash
    Ahh damn it, you caught me out. I think that was the ONLY time I haven't put (allegedly) after my Henjak comments.

An allegation was made last year that several high profile Aus players were using, popular rumour indicated that Henjak was one of them. That's about it really, the rumour just stuck with me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian

Give Chris O'Young a chance and you'll see cleaner recycling.

Seems like Mitchel is still backing Matt H. but maybe you're right. Might make Matt work a little harder if he thinks he's second string again.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    That's sorta what I'm thinking too, if it gives Henjak a wake up call and a kick up the bum, that can't be a bad thing.

vCash
    Cordingly is by far the best Scrum half so far this year, followed by Gregan and then Whitaker... I have been unimpressed with Whitaker this year as I was with the time he got for the Wallabies last year. Whits is not the answer.

Cordingly has not only attacked the line and shown immaculate decision making but his passing has been crisp and on the money so far this year.

As for Henjak, I know he has talent but he is not displaying it at the moment... Chris O'Young has definately looked the sharper of the two. And I think a kick up the bum may be exactly what Henjak needs. Agree with all comments above, slow to the ruck, slow to get rid of the ball and hesitant to attack the line with any vigor. Not to mention that his passing has been attrocious and his kicking is about on par with his passing.

All that aside though I was extremely dissappointed when he was booed off on Friday night... He may be playing badly but he's still one of us, and you should never ever boo your own players, that is truly poor form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

vCash
    He was booed off? Yeah that's a bit wrong.

vCash
    I would like to think that the crowd was more cheering on Chirs than booing off Matt.

I thought that it was more cheers than booing.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo No. 5
    I would like to think that the crowd was more cheering on Chirs than booing off Matt.

I thought that it was more cheers than booing.....
    That may well be the case, but its not how it came across to the media... And to be honest I thought that it ws directed at Henjak as the time... Mind you I had consumed a few sherberts by that stage, so my judgement may have been impaired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, must admit that I thought the majority were leaning towards the old Bronx cheer of the swap rather than booing Henjak off? Possibly different spots on the ground had different reactions which all blended in?
    Also need to be warry of taking the commentators and media perspective on what actually happened as they are often wrong and misrepresent what actually occurs.
    Certainly some were booing him and that is downright despicable, I hope those who did are seriously considering handing back their memberships as I would prefer to have less members than put up with morons like that attending.
    If you (insert booing patrons name here) are such a hero then how about strapping on the boot and getting down to Perry Lakes to offer Mitch your services?!