Better go and have a word in the ear of your Clubs then

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    wen he was playing at pally
    or more so watching from the sidelines
    you got the impression that he knew he was capabile but he was lazy.

if someone can go back to threads over a year ago i believe i said he was going to the PG Hampshire award. Too bad we didnt seen more of him in the local comp.

I remember his first game against West came on with 15minutes left. The poor west's winger had no hope in hell stopping him.

The best game
    saw him played was when the spirit versed perth gold.
    scored 5 trys all of them from atleast 50m out......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Exactly. The APC is the place for him to develop nicely.
    shame those idiots at the ARU canned the thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Try not to talk Nudgee up too much though, we'll never shut Gerry up haha
    There's two words that can usually take care of that. Jason and Ackermanis.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    see Big Dell running around for some feeder team for the Drag Queens last week.
    No I didn't. Did you chook?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    League second tier is most certainly peasant class, way lower than the top end of the NSWRU.
    You're kidding, right Burgs? The second tier is professional, State Cup or NRL reserve grade if you like. The standard is good. But chook is off the mark there anyway. Dell lined up for Shellharbour in the JB Cup against the WA Reds (didn't have much influence either from reports). Probably fourth tier after the Toyota Cup.

vCash
    Talking the dude up too much. We will have another Beale or JOC or Horny or SHmoo or Turner or Gits or KwooWade on hands at this rate
    you cannot say that gits is talked up more than he is worth. that guy is amaaazzzing! drew has formula one speed and which winger was it that got the aussie record last year? JOC has more than lived up to expectations, should be in the running for australia a. i dont know much about those tah guys, but turner has been good in the games ive seen, so has horne, and if beale wasnt you kicker im sure i would like him a lot more. talking up boosts confidence, im my opinion.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You're kidding, right Burgs? The second tier is professional, State Cup or NRL reserve grade if you like. The standard is good. But chook is off the mark there anyway. Dell lined up for Shellharbour in the JB Cup against the WA Reds (didn't have much influence either from reports). Probably fourth tier after the Toyota Cup.

No, not off the mark really. My point being that being about skills shown at a lower level are misleading. You are right about State Cup, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    you cannot say that gits is talked up more than he is worth. that guy is amaaazzzing! drew has formula one speed and which winger was it that got the aussie record last year? JOC has more than lived up to expectations, should be in the running for australia a. i dont know much about those tah guys, but turner has been good in the games ive seen, so has horne, and if beale wasnt you kicker im sure i would like him a lot more. talking up boosts confidence, im my opinion.
    I think you need to step back and really look at all these players performances. Bursts of brilliance here and there is hardly what I would call amazing. Be really honest in your appraisal. Just being fast or just having good hands is not a ringing endorsement.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    No, not off the mark really. My point being that being about skills shown at a lower level are misleading. You are right about State Cup, of course.

I think you need to step back and really look at all these players performances. Bursts of brilliance here and there is hardly what I would call amazing. Be really honest in your appraisal. Just being fast or just having good hands is not a ringing endorsement.
    i am biast, i appreciate that, but giteau is without a doubt, one of the most skillful guys australian rugby has seen. he creates play so well, he controls the game, he reads play, he has leadership in the team, he can make nothing into a game winning try (hurricanes 2007) his game is fluent, he is flexible with positions and best of all HE CAN KICK! that to me, is an amazing rugby player

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    Still, not that great though...

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Mitchell and Giteau are leagues ahead of thier possible Wallaby competition therefore your argument is a null point. Concede your position.

vCash
    OK I concede. But only beause you sound like Darlek. CONCEDE. YOUR. POSITION. EX.TERM.IN.ATE EX.TERM.IN.ATE EX.TERM.IN.ATE EX.TERM.IN.ATE

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    name ONE person who is good enough to clean matt giteaus shoes

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Matt Giteau's mum?

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    name ONE person who is good enough to clean matt giteaus shoes
    James O'Connor.

It'll be the best way to learn as as you say Gits is no.1 in Australian Rugby at the moment.
    Don't forget the old adage though "one man doesn't make a team"..."a team is only as good as the weakest link".

Gits will be great with a world class half back and world class 2nd five either side of him.

Cordingly and Barnes?
    Burgess and Turinui?
    Lucas and Staniforth?

Any combination of the above...wish it was my job!?!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast