Poll: Will you support an Australian team in the S14 (even if that team is the Tahs)?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Support the Tahs for the S14 Finals! Tahs win semi!!

vCash

Support the Tahs for the S14 Finals! Tahs win semi!!

All petty squabbles need to be set aside. Support the Australian team in the S14 finals. To do otherwise is to be small minded and vindictive. Supporting them means happiness and a warm fuzzy glow and good karma. You know what to do.

GOTHETAHS!!!!!

The Waratahs have booked a place in the Super 14 Final with an emphatic 28-13 victory over the Sharks at the Sydney Football Stadium on Saturday night.

Two tries inside five minutes to start the second half sealed the deal for the hosts who produced their finest performance of the season when it mattered most.

To their credit the Sharks kept fighting but a late try to replacement hooker Craig Burden was not enough for the visitors.

Man-of-the-match Rocky Elsom revelled throughout in what was a physical affair, while skipper Phil Waugh marked his 100th appearance for New South Wales in style with a solid performance.

The Waratahs must now travel to Christchurch on Saturday night to take on the Crusaders, who earlier defeated the Hurricanes 33-22.

The Sharks showed their intentions in the third minute when flyhalf Ruan Pienaar opted for a drop goal to take the early 3-0 lead.

Having conceded the early score, the Waratahs set up camp in Sharks territory but their only reward was a Kurtley Beale penalty goal in the eighteenth minute.

Their dominance was finally rewarded when Lote Tuqiri swooped on a loose ball to post the first five-pointer of the contest - Beale made no mistake from close range to take a 10-3 lead.

A bone-jarring tackle from impressive teenager Rob Horne proved too much for former Springbok centre Adrian Jacobs and Tuqiri was never headed on his 30-metre dash to the line.

Read more...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Enjoyable grudges aside Ill cheer for the Tahs next weekend Chook. Itd be great for Aussie rugby if one of us won it and Im sure the other provinces would support us if we were in the same situation. But I warn you- the minute they win Im going back to hating you losers from Sydney.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    [COLOR="Red"] Supporting them means happiness and a warm fuzzy glow and good karma. You know what to do.
    The happiness and karma will occur in Christchurch, for everyone but the horrotahs.

The only question marks I have of the tahs is have they played their big game already, and the kicking contest between Dan Carter and Klingon Beale. Beales kicking last night was quite poor, except for his attempt from the "england" playbook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    Beales kicking last night was quite poor, except for his attempt from the "england" playbook.
    For that drop goal attempt and his try - I'd put Beale on the - the only way to win a hard defensive encounter against England or the Springboks is to use the english playbook

the have heaps of other options for kicking - do the Tahs for next week ?

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    We have defence and defence and defence. Oh, and some defence. Tahs have the plan to take out the Saders. Defence.

And we can score tries too.

Crushing crushing bone crushing defence will grind the Saders out. I'm pretty sure the Saders had the harder of the 2 semi's (hoping so anyway) and will be a little flat for the big one.

If its foggy like in 06, then kicking wont be an issue anyway.

The Tahs thank you for your support.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Not enough defense or crushing in that post Chook

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    i will support the tahs in the final the SECOND you get a decent kicker! get lote to kick instead, im sure he will do better than beale...

until then
    GO CRUSADERS

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    go crusaders!!!!!.....

vCash
    WOOP WOOP CHRISTCHURCH WOOP WOOP

vCash
    Poll added. How Australian are you? will you put aside petty differences for 1 week and man up and support the Tahs?

or will you show your allegience to Oz rugby by supporting AntipoDeans and his Crusaders?

Only you have the power

vCash
    I decided I prefer to be vindictive.

vCash
    chook, you cant seriously ask for our supoport after fishing here all year, lets show how australian we are by getting behind the wallabies super coach robbie deans.....go 'saders

vCash
    Crusaders the best team all year as usual, they deserve it

the only reaosn i would like to see the Tahs win is so Ewen McKenzie can then turn around and say to the NSWRU to f**k off

vCash
    im being completely australian supporting deans... if he can win with the saders, he can win it with the

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Enjoyable grudges aside Ill cheer for the Tahs next weekend Chook. Itd be great for Aussie rugby if one of us won it and Im sure the other provinces would support us if we were in the same situation. But I warn you- the minute they win Im going back to hating you losers from Sydney.
    Couldn't have said it better James

Yes Chook...you have my support. Though admittedly i won't cry too much if the Crusaders win...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast