Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All Hail the NSW Waratahs, the second greatest team in the hemisphere

vCash

All Hail the NSW Waratahs, the second greatest team in the hemisphere

I copied this of the tahs web site

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    The MIGHTY NSW Waratahs have overcome a mountain of obstacles this year in order to finish 2nd on the Super 14 table. So that we can all appreciate the greatness of this team, I thought I'd go through some the challenges we've overcome this year.

Shit Draw
    2008 is was our year for 6 home matches and 7 away matches, so it's an absolute tribute to the team to even make the finals with an away laden draw. Two of our home games being against 13th and 14th, who you'd fancy your chances away against. The worst part of our draw was weeks 12-14, with a trip to South Africa being immediately followed by a return to Queensland for a must win grudge match against our nemisis north of the border. Add to this our luggage was lost in Joberg (thanks to all those who donated to the appeal), and our preperation really couldn't have been any worse. Poor Queenslanders crying about us missing their sponsors do, boo f'ucking hoo.

Coaching Merry-go-round
    After weeks of distraction and speculation, Ewen was sacked mid season. This was followed by many more weeks of speculation on his replacement and constant media harrassment of the players which appeared to galvanise the team into the force they are now. Everyone know's that Waratah Jesus will be the next coach anyway.

No Kicker
    By far the most inexplicable decision by the Waratahs this year was releasing Peter Hewat from the final year of his contract without having a replacement. Hewat's form in the ARC was the catalyst for the Central Coast Rays to take the trophy, with his kicking out of hand and for poles being amongst the best in Australia. Sure Kurtley's tried hard and even has had some decent weeks (eg week 13 against the Stormers), but he's just a kid and would have benifited a lot more as Hewat's understudy this year - taking kicks through the season as circumstances allow but knowing that Hewat is there to fall back on. The issue was mostly covered up when SNK returned from injury, but the glaring hole persists if he goes off (or Link starts him on the bench again WTF!)

Bad Weather
    This season the 'Tahs could really be called the rain makers. It seems everywhere we play thunderstorms follow. While you'd have to say our boys have played well in the wet, our lack of a kicker has really hurt us in this area (case in point Derek Hougard pushing us all over the field with his territorial kicking game). A true tribute to the pigs up front that we've stayed in these matches. The plethora of wet weather matches has been a significant factor in our low number of bonus point wins this season.

Unsettled backline
    Disturbingly, our backline is still unsettled going into the semi's, with 13, 14 and 15 all up for grabs. I thought we had reached some consistency of selection going to South Africa, however for some reason Horne is on the outer and we seem to be bending over backwards to accommodate Cararro in the starting team. Sure he's big, but his positional play is lacking (see Stormers first try), and in leaving SNK out of the team we lose our one open play kicker.

Despite these obstacles, we've equalled our 2005 regular season as our best ever. The news gets even better as the Crusaders are suddenly looking beatable and there's a very real possibility that the final will be in Sydney vs the Hurricanes. 2008 has to be our best shot at the title yet.

Shit-hot defence
    Our defensive effort this year has been remarkable. Of the 186 points scored against us this year, 34 were in one week against the Crusaders. We've the second best defensive record in the comp after the Crusaders, however bad weather doesn't lend itself to high scores by either side. Some of the pressure that we've withstood has been mirraculous - Les Kiss, take a bow. A shame we don't have a knighthood system in Australia as Les Kiss would be a sure thing.

Awesome Platform
    Bill from QR was spot on when he said our forward pack have an awesome platform. The Dunning and BaxTAH have been on fire, Bennnn and Kepu have also been consistant along with TPN and Freier making an impact too. Three wins against the feed in the last two weeks is one stat that should concern the Sharks. It's not just the front row however, the entire pack have been awesome with great contributions from Aussie Dan, Dean Mumm scoring a few tries, and Rocky, Phil and Palu smashing everyone in site.

The possibility of losing Dan and Rocky at the end of the year hurts, and it's for this reason that 2008 is likely to be our best shot at the title for some time.

GO THE TAHS!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 19-05-08 at 20:08.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    You know love him or hate him - Moses does write a good article. Nice job Mo

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    pieter who gives a continental about this shite. They suck,and we know it but unfortunately they dont. That post will be seen by,........ ummmm 10 members on GTT site at a wild guess. TWF maybe 80? Im almost feeling sorry for them after their horrendous draw

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    I almost fell of my chair laughing when I read the article

vCash
    Mosebag knows how to write stuff. Well done!! Don't forget he has a BLog too, so maybe.....another 8 people read it TLH!!

Did the Force finish a little lower this year or is that my imagination? Never mind

I might add, if the Tahs actually played to their full potential, without distractions re contracts, coaching and lost baggage, we'd be on top by a fair margin and firm fav's for the S14 title.

Still probably win it too.

TAHS ARE SO GREAT TAHS ARE SO GREAT!!!

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Chook, i always thought you were the fisherman? Isnt it nice to post on a busy rugby site and get a instant reply?and not die wondering. Cheer up mate. Hows your close personal mate Mazda Boy going?

vCash
    Its nice to bite every now and then, just to show appreciation for some fine angling. A blunt riposte is to be expected though....

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Can't believe the whining here - Moses, I thought you were a zim, not a pom! (no offence intended to the poms of the non whinging variety out there) 'tahs finished 2nd on they log - and they (supporters such as Moses, SMH, ETC...) still need spin it and bitch about no kicker, shit draw, no coach, no balls....

I've paraphrased your article into a haiku:
    "Home semi bitches - Reds Brumbies Suck Arse (Force Rock) - Suffer in ya Jocks"

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Im taking that upyours back Coach sorry, what is a haiku, a bit like sushi etc?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Japanese poetry. 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables - no rhyming allowed

vCash
    Cheers, Coach. Love a good haiku

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Suffer in ya Jocks"
    Don't bring the Jocks into this.....their blue is even harder & manlier than the blue.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    2nd to who? The Force of course!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    hehehe..Force finished worse than last year.

Gigsa made me do it

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Did the Force finish a little lower this year or is that my imagination? Never mind

I might add, if the Tahs actually played to their full potential, without distractions re contracts, coaching and lost baggage, we'd be on top by a fair margin and firm fav's for the S14 title.

Actually Force did better this year 33 points vs 32 points last year.

I might add, if the Force actually played to their full potential, without distractions re contracts (Pocock, Giteau, Shepherd etc.), injuries and the mental aspect of being cnosidered the top Australian team for most of the year, we'd be on top by a fair margin and firm fav's for the S14 title.

Also would like to add that if the Tahs baggage was lost on the way to Queensland, and they still managed to win this game. I don't see how it would change anything for them to have the baggage. Maybe they could have got a bonus point, but this still wouldn't have changed their position on the ladder.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast