Thread: Dell & the Big Red V

vCash

Dell & the Big Red V

Big Dell makes his comeback to the NRL after 7 years tomorrow against the Broncos. Seeing as Fox isn't showing it and seeing as Mrs shasta wants to go to Perth tomorrow. Does anyone know if JB's shows the Mungos live on Friday arvo?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Looks like Big Dell's comeback is on hold again, but on the plus side the Dragons have now won 4 on the trot

Sailor comeback smashed

June 06, 2008

WENDELL Sailor's much-hyped return to the NRL didn't go according to plan, after the St george Illwarra winger suffered a fractured cheekbone in the clash against Brisbane.

Sailor comeback smashed - NRL - Fox Sports

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Sailor comeback smashed - NRL - Fox Sports

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett, who worked with Sailor before his defection to rugby union in 2002, claimed there may have been a positive to his former protege's injury woes.

“Will it stop him from talking about himself, is it that serious?” Bennett said.

“He'll be back, bigger and larger than life. He'd be talking himself up into the third Origin if he'd have played the full night.”

Sounds like Bennett loves the Dell

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Sounds like Bennett loves the Dell
    You can count on it judging on these comments a couple of days ago.

"I'm just pleased to see him back playing football,'' the Bennett said. "More than pleased.''

Sailor is a personal favourite of Bennett's and as the Dragons prepare to play Brisbane at WIN Stadium tonight, the coach revealed the Saints have acquired something, in Sailor, that is very rare.

"He just transforms people,'' Bennett said. "He galvanises them. He brings something very unique.''

Bennett has no idea how many years Sailor, 33, will have under him at the Dragons when he begins coaching next year, but he's certain of one thing.

"I'm really looking forward to going back and working with him,'' Bennett said. "Wendell's a great pro. He's a pleasure to have at your training place and a pleasure to have in your team. He just brings something.''

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    He just brings something.''
    I thought he'd stopped that

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash

Mr Frosty.