View Poll Results: 6PR should broadcast games (pretty simple but 6PR doesnt think so)

Voters
29. This poll is closed
  • Yes

27 93.10%
  • NO

0 0%
  • dont care

2 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No Broadcast of Force games come on force supporters MUST READ!

vCash
    Why are we questioning liana_annelise's motives?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Id suspect a hidden Tahs supporter Chook, whos looking for a bit of loving.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Might solve my loneliness issues then. *wink wink*

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Rookie
    vCash
    I'm hearing your frustration because I live it every week during the Super 14. But the fact is, rugby is a minor sport in WA. It's disappointing that 6PR doesn't cover every home game of the Force and yes, the advertising shouldn't promote an intention. Last week was a major break through, with rugby getting the nod over two AFL games. I won't find out until Monday whether we're doing the Brumbies game.
    Whenever I've covered rugby or done a rugby segment on 6PR and asked for talk back callers to share their views, we're lucky if we take a call. If the AFL fans are given the same opportunity, they jump at it. We had a chance to take talk back last week after the Chiefs game, threw it out there but no one called. That response doesn't give me much ammunition when I plead my case every week. As far as the Station is concerned, there's just not the interest. It's like people who complained when the Sheffield Shield was being re-named the Pura Cup. Thousands voiced their opinion but only 10 people would bother turning up to watch an actual game.
    I'm all for rugby being broadcast on 6PR. Obviously I'd like more but at least some coverage is better than none at all. There are plenty of other sports (netball, basketball for eg) who would kill for the opportunity rugby has been given. If rugby goes to the ABC, will they be any better? Will they dump an Eagles game for a Force game? I doubt it. Until the punters make it clear there is an audience and a demand, station management will continue to favour AFL. You fish where the fish are. At this stage, the voice of the rugby fan is but a whisper in the sporting landscape of Perth.
    Cheers
    Mick

Stuck for a gift idea? Grab a copy of "Full-Contact Sudoku. How four rugby mates finally achieve their dream of playing for Australia." Available at all good bookstores and at http://www.harpercollins.com.au/book..._of/index.aspx

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Whilst I appreciate and can see the sentiment of the post Liana I think that you are asking a lot of a radio station that does a great job for the Western Force in a one game town.

Unfortunately whether you like it or not Australian Rules Football is king. Thats where the money is, thats where the majority of the listeners are and that is where the sponsors dollars are.

6PR have been there for the Western Force when their programming allows it. Barra and Mick have supported not only the Western Force but also TWF.com.au and given us many plugs that we really should be paying for.

At the end of the day 6PR is in the business to make a profit. At this point in time there is no profit in broadcasting Rugby.Maybe that will change one day, but in the meantime I am thankful for what they have done for us.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2