Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YOTC View Post
    Love of Rugby Union. When teams like England and South Africa are successful at rugby, it's hard to love.

The 2nd point. I enjoy watching AFL when the team plays quick moving footy. Flooding in AFL really makes me hate the game but fortunately that is being phased out. Geelong never resorted to that form of footy (thankfully) and my interest in AFL stayed up. Because I wasn't bored or angry, win or lose.

It's like how I enjoy watching cricket when the captain brings his fielders around the bat and gets the fast bowlers on to knock the batsmen's block off. Good positive cricket. Good positive Footy. And good positive Rugby.

It's like the Wallabies. I don't support them because I don't like them, but I would never go for another team.
    Dude you are lost

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    To: YOTC

Man you have some serious issues to deal with.

First off you joined TWF in Dec 2005 and have all of 28 posts (probably half of them in this thread).

Second you are going to turn in your Force membership.

Third you have admited you don't really like Rugby Union and are an AFL fan.

Seems to me like you should be a part of the Blue Crew.

I mean really, why did you bother with Force membership if you weren't really a fan of the game???

I can tell you I'm very pissed off at tonight's game..but I think it is a bit extreme to throw your membership in the bin??? And on top of that come on here and have a whinge to the group of people who would support the Force no matter what.

Personally I think you are just trying to get a rise out of the rest of us. Even Chook doesn't stoop that low mate.

vCash
    No big deal when you throw away your free Blue Crew membership

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    No big deal when you throw away your free Blue Crew membership
    Oh but that Blue crew bucket hat, that's a sacred bond!

vCash
    And crappy the t-shirt

vCash
    YOTC, look, to tell you the truth, i dont care you're chucking your membership into the bin. Really, i dont think the force will care either. It doesnt look like its gonna make a large impact on my life, in any of the other's life, and it certainly isnt going to make John Mitchell lose some sleep tonight.

Sure the force had a bad game tonight. But then, the force have also blessed us with many thrillers: Hurricanes 2007, Bulls 2008, Reds 2007, the list goes on. I won't remember the force for losing to the reds or tahs in 2008, ill remember them for giving us a win against the sharks last year. I'll remember them for beating the Hurricanes for our first home win last year. I'll remember them for thrashing the cheetahs and the reds last year. I don't care if they played badly today. Because i know they'll train even harder over the week and try to correct it. And i know the board isn't going to sack john mitchell just for losing 2 games in a row because they still have faith in him. And i know that i'll be there in 2 weeks against the chiefs, dressed in as much force gear as i can find, and cheering my f*&%ing arse off for the force. Because they deserve it.

I've learnt a great deal from meeting some supporters in Singapore today. Some of these guys ship force gear over just so that they can wear the jersey and caps proudly at the pub. Even though half the population doesn't even know what rugby is, they still wear it with pride. And for the others, it doesnt matter if they're a continent away, they're still a force supporter, no matter what. If you want to throw your membership away, im sure i can find a couple of supporters who wouldnt mind taking your seat.

vCash
    And also, the fact that David Pocock is getting penalised more just goes to show that the refs are starting to pinpoint him as a key player rugby game. Very much like Richie McCaw and Schalk Burger. He's a game breaker. this may look bad in the fan's eyes, but its actually a sign that he is a developing into one of the game's top players.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    YOTC, look, to tell you the truth, i dont care you're chucking your membership into the bin. Really, i dont think the force will care either. It doesnt look like its gonna make a large impact on my life, in any of the other's life, and it certainly isnt going to make John Mitchell lose some sleep tonight.

Sure the force had a bad game tonight. But then, the force have also blessed us with many thrillers: Hurricanes 2007, Bulls 2008, Reds 2007, the list goes on. I won't remember the force for losing to the reds or tahs in 2008, ill remember them for giving us a win against the sharks last year. I'll remember them for beating the Hurricanes for our first home win last year. I'll remember them for thrashing the cheetahs and the reds last year. I don't care if they played badly today. Because i know they'll train even harder over the week and try to correct it. And i know the board isn't going to sack john mitchell just for losing 2 games in a row because they still have faith in him. And i know that i'll be there in 2 weeks against the chiefs, dressed in as much force gear as i can find, and cheering my f*&%ing arse off for the force. Because they deserve it.

I've learnt a great deal from meeting some supporters in Singapore today. Some of these guys ship force gear over just so that they can wear the jersey and caps proudly at the pub. Even though half the population doesn't even know what rugby is, they still wear it with pride. And for the others, it doesnt matter if they're a continent away, they're still a force supporter, no matter what. If you want to throw your membership away, im sure i can find a couple of supporters who wouldnt mind taking your seat.
    post of the night....i'm going to bed...out.

vCash
    thanks.

vCash
    I second that motion

Player
    vCash
    harden op yotc just think of membership as not having to wait in line for a ticket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    negative rugby my arse, we got thumped by a team that played with more enthusiasm, better tactics and a positive mindset. we were tactically inept and unenthusiastic with bucket loads of poor attitude.
    This is gold
    I thought you didn't kick your team when they're down?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    ok fair enough, i dont think anybody here will agree with you and leave the force though.

about the pocock penalty, It looked like the ball was out and they had been standing for a while doing nothing, i think the ref should have let that go.
    The camera angle shown from where Pocock was standing made it look like the ball was out. He made an error of judgement. It wasn't deliberate cynical play. In the context of the match, the referee had no choice. He thought the ball was out and he came round to pilfer it. It was that sort of night

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    This is gold
    I thought you didn't kick your team when they're down?
    disputing the reds tactics is not kicking while down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    we were tactically inept and unenthusiastic with bucket loads of poor attitude.
    Sounds like criticism. Perhaps my understanding of written English is not up to your standards either?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast