Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fox Sport Commentators

vCash

Fox Sport Commentators

Im sure im not alone in this but how shockingly one sided were the commentators on Saturday..
    Every time Waugh got the ball it was "Pocock take a lesson from that..", "and waugh shows the youngster how its done..."
    and when Turner scored his try .. not sure who it was but they squealed so loud it hurt my ears.

When the Force were on the attack it was "the Waratahs are showing some brilliant defence here if they can just keep it up they will win the game... blah blah dvvfhgibjgbh"

Nothing positive about the Force or the players, I thought Mackay at the very least should have got a good mention and Stanners was deserving as well. but nothing it was Beale is a god and Tuiquiri cant take a step wrong and I want to sleep with Horne he is so brilliant!!

FFS it was a Force home game, IMHO the comentators should be local and be biased towards the home side..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    oh seriously.....? .. Phil is an ex Waratah.. their commentary had no bearing on the game .. I'd rather listen to their calling and banter than the yarpie ones - THEY are one sided! But everyone is going to call a game differently....

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    oh seriously.....? .. Phil is an ex Waratah......
    Yeah, so are you

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    I didn't think they were too bad during the game, the pre-game really annoyed the shit out of me though.

One of them (the guy that wears the glasses) said something so ridiculous about 5 minutes into the pre-game that I just wrote them off for the rest of the night.

Also, maybe it is just me, but I am getting sick of them referring to players as "wallabies" and the specific term of "all-wallaby" when referring to a group of players. Who cares if the guy used to play for the Wallabies, I want to know what his form is like now. Seriously, there are so many player rotations, and the fact they take 50 guys on tour now, former Wallabies probably outnumber non-wallabies. On the weekend they called the Tahs front row "all-Wallaby." FFS how many games has Polota-Nau played? Mortlock's kicking tee probably has more minutes than him.

I propose a new rule. Only the 22 players picked for the last Wallaby test can be called Wallabies. This way, a guy that got a cup of coffee with the Wallabies six years ago because the first three choices were all injured and we were playing Brazil, cannot be referred to as a Wallaby.

vCash
    Once a Wallaby always a Wallaby for mine.

They are either past or current Wallabies IMHO.

vCash
    I tend to agree, once you pull that Australian jersey on you are a wallaby, you've made it to the top level and no one can take it away from you.

They don't take Baggy Green caps off cricket players. I doubt they would erase your name from the history books regardless of whether you play for the Wallabies 1 time or 100 times.

vCash
    back on topic???
    The comments from the panel are usually consistent with the location they Played. Let's face it, Kearns is a Tah, from memory, so was Kafe. Let's get another thing out there too. Kearns was a hooker. Yet he comments on the qualities of props as if he played there his whole life. Kafe was no great tearaway (record keepers come to my rescue here, but does Kafey hold any records?)
    The only time you get any pro-the other side commentary, is when they have a guest commentator, like Wellborn.
    Remember, I am an ex Tah man, so am well aware of the difference. Loved it when I was a Tah man, now, getting kind of sick of it.
    TWF had a huge set of problems on Sat night, mostly to do with mistakes made by US. Not the ref, not the commentators. How many dropped balls where there after we had made or broke the advantage line. If you took out one try against the run of play, and injected the one the WF never scored, the score would have been around the same, but in our favour.
    Where the commentators need to be a bit better is analysing the impetus a mistake, free kick or penalty gives the other side (the "get out of jail free card" factor).
    thoughts??

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I believe that Rod Kafer was a 10 for the Brumbies

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    oh seriously.....? .. Phil is an ex Waratah..
    Better mention the Randwick thing.....If a player has ever worn that jersey, they are bigger than John Eales' dad!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Better mention the Randwick thing.....If a player has ever worn that jersey, they are bigger than John Eales' dad!

Even I have one of them, but I didn't realise, I was bigger than nobody's Dad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkpapa View Post
    Let's face it, Kearns is a Tah, from memory, so was Kafe.
    Kafe was a 10 for the Brumbies back in the day...also played for the Wallabies at one point...not really a mug!

Yes you can see the bias, Kearnsey's a 'Tah for life.....a real squat-pisser for mine, but a front rower and therefore qualified to comment on what goes on there. Kafe is an Ex Brumby and flyhalf Probaby the most level-headed of the lot with regards to bias, but you can pick up his Brumbs bias for sure......he just doesn't seem to be much of a fan. Marto is a Died-in-the-wool Red and doesn't care who knows it, he's also a winger so comment on outside backs is probably OK from him.....what shits me is they don't have any ex- to balance the load. There are two available, both of whom have done a fair bit of media work, both of whom would be worth approaching. I'd prefer John Welborn above Bredan Cannon, since he would be able to make comment on the Lineouts and second row work. He also seems to be far more a fan in public (Canno's not anti-he just provides a balanced view, which I guess is what we complain about the others lacking!

C'mon the

vCash
    Kearnsey also wore the Southern Districts colours (i believe) after graduating from Blakehurst Rugby club, my old team in Sydney....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    He doesn't seem to worship anybody who isn't from Randwick.....at least he doesn't mention their club when he is performing his indecent acts!

C'mon the

vCash
    I notice that John Welborn (golfer extraordinaire!!!) has done some Foxtel commentary when the Force match isn't the marquee game of the round (ie the one that Kafer, Kearns et al are commentating).....we need more ex-Forcies into the commentary box to even things up!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    You lot and your indecent acts! You'll all gonna be in big trouble if someone comes along and goes all Freudian on your asses one day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast