Thread: What a game!!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

What a game!!

Well I don't know about you guys but the Force looked pretty hot to me. A real team. How fit is Brendan Cannon......I can't believe how good he's playing.

They are certainly showing the signs of being a great team. They were a lot more cohesive this week. Still making mistakes but not as often and not as bad. The tackling was 100% better than last week. Backs looked way better and I'm sure have built a lot of confidence from the performance yesterday. Our pack are as good as anyones and fittness is awsome.

Look out world here we come!!!!!!

Well done John, your doing a great job.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    But Jeez what shitty luck. 3 centres gone in 2 matches. Still I'm feeling good about the Waikato game this week. A bit of improvement retaining possesssion and a good kicking game from Brock and who knows the first win may be closer than I'd have thought. They've already exceeded my expectations in a few areas :-)

vCash

Ordinary!

Were you guys watching the same game?

It was the most frustrating game I've watched for ages. I can't remember the last time I saw a team drop that much ball - imagine if it was raining!!!!

And what's wrong with kicking goals? They could of given themselves a better chance of a bonus point if they kicked a few in the first half - although if they did maybe the Hurricanes wouldn't of taken the foot off the throttle so early.

The Canes players were all laughing and smiling in the second half. They had absolutely no fear from the Force players. Everyone from both teams were helping each other up off the ground after each stoppage - their was a definite lack of mongrel and passion from the Force players.

I hope they switch on big time for the Chiefs game.

vCash

Thumbs up

Yeah I watched the same game as you. I'd probably be as frustrated as you sound if my other team (The 'Tahs ) made so many errors in posession but they've been a unit a little longer.

The way I saw the Force on Saturday was very sound at the set pieces. You have to be to gain 60 - 70% of posession and field position. I'm happy to see them more than competitive in these fundamental areas. The old cliche about "setting a good platform" maybe hackneyed but it nonetheless a must have.

I'd rather feel positive about the outlook and hope that with more gametime the cohesion and timing will come. Preferably by Friday night.

vCash
    While I agree that more balls dropped than a schoolfull of pimply teenagers, they are on the improve. It's their second game. Hell many other teams are having cohesion problems at the moment. Certainly the Tahs and Crusaders are not firing at 100%. Give them time, like the Reds, they'll be causing some headaches later in the year.